CT CT - Jacqueline Kinney, 35, Canton, 5 Dec 1969

The lack of information is so frustrating here. She's listed as endangered missing on Charley Project but just missing on North American Missing Persons Network, which is kind of an important aspect since "missing" could mean she left voluntarily or had reason to, while "endangered missing" obviously means they (family or LE) have reason to believe that she's in danger. I'm a bit more inclined to believe Charley Project just because I use it so often, but I don't know if one is actually better than the other.

I wonder if the left side paralysis was a new condition (as in she was still getting used to functioning like that) or something more long-standing. If she was able to function fairly well, then the circumstances of her disappearance could still go either way, but if the paralysis was an issue for her mobility-wise, I think it's less likely that she would've left of her own volition.

I'm going to check for any potential matches on NAMUS and Doe Network when I get home to an actual computer - will update then. Thanks for posting this one, I hadn't heard of it before now!

Okaaaay I'm pretty new to this whole matching UIDs with missing people thing, so these might all be way off. I apologize in advance!

The first one I found promising was this Jane Doe found in Twenty-Nine Palms, CA on 12/28/70. If the voluntary disappearance was in fact the case, it would explain why she might have been so far away. The height is an inch or 2 off, this Jane Doe had a partial upper denture plate, and there's no mention of any bone anomalies (such as the broken toe), but "one or more limbs not recovered" could explain that. Plus the red/auburn hair.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/2467

The second is a Jane Doe found in Barren County, KY on 11/2/73. It's possible she lived for a while if she left voluntarily and met with foul play later. Height is a bit off, but estimations can be wrong. Red/auburn hair. Probably a coincidence, but this woman was found with keys to a 1969 GM ignition & trunk, along with keys to a 1967-1971 ignition, which would fit Jacqueline's disappearance (again, only if she left on her own and in a car). Also no mention of broken bones.
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/107

Those two were the closest I could find between the end of 1969-the end of 1979. I could go further, but I'm not sure if that would be worthwhile.. like I said, I'm new at this!

The day I made this thread I decided to search for her on Newspapers.com and got a few hits in the Hartford Courant. Some in September of 1977 (I would attach pics but am on mobile) stated that they were searching for her body under a house in Werner Woods State Park. The later September article said that the search ended without finding anything. They also stated she could still be alive but had gotten a tip. In February of 1979 an arrest warrant was put out for an unnamed former resident of Canton who may have known Jacqueline Kinney. The articles noted that she was reported missing by her husband Gerald who later moved to Maine.

The day I made this thread I decided to search for her on Newspapers.com and got a few hits in the Hartford Courant. Some in September of 1977 (I would attach pics but am on mobile) stated that they were searching for her body under a house in Werner Woods State Park. The later September article said that the search ended without finding anything. They also stated she could still be alive but had gotten a tip. In February of 1979 an arrest warrant was put out for an unnamed former resident of Canton who may have known Jacqueline Kinney. The articles noted that she was reported missing by her husband Gerald who later moved to Maine.

Yes, that's what I found in newspaper articles as well. I think we read the same ones. I might add that her husband reported her missing on December 8th but her last seen date, from her home, was December 5th so there was a significant gap in my view. If anyone can find who the arrest warrant was for it would be interesting to post.

Missing for 50 years this December...

Jacqueline Winfred Kinney
  • jacqueline_winfred_kinney_1.jpg
  • jacqueline_winfred_kinney_2.jpg
  • jacqueline_winfred_kinney_3.jpg
  • jacqueline_winfred_kinney_4.jpg
  • jacqueline_winfred_kinney_5.jpg
Kinney, circa 1969
  • Missing Since 12/05/1969
  • Missing From Canton, Connecticut
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Age35 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 150 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Kinney suffers from paralysis on her left side and her left arm is partially disabled.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Kinney has a vaccination scar above her knee, a scar on the back of her leg below the knee and a surgical scar on the right side of her abdomen. Her right toe has previously been broken and some of her rear teeth are missing.
Details of Disappearance
Kinney was last seen in Canton, Connecticut on December 5, 1969. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Springfield Police Department 413-787-6360
Source Information

Canton is a pretty small town - today, it's just over 10k people, and in 1970 there were only 6,868. It's really hard for me to believe someone wouldn't have seen or known something.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back