1744 users online (335 members and 1409 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272

    NY- New York City, WhtMale UP6896, 20-40, Burned in Box on Sidewalk, Feb 1996

    I came across this unidentified guy on the doe network.. I looked but could not find a thread for him so I decided to start one..

    I noticed written on Namus and the Doe it says Scale on his forearm, but I noticed in the photo above it says Libra and under it has what looks like letters. I have had a hard time making it out..looks to me like OCC3 or OCG3 or OGC3.. I could maybe be OCT3 like his birthday ? Libra runs from the end of September to the Mid of October.. again just some thoughts




    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6896

    M96_01044_tattoo_1[1].jpgM96_01044_tattoo_2[1].jpgM96_01044_tattoo_3[1].jpg



    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1116umny.html

    Unidentified White Male

    The victim was discovered on February 12, 1996 in New York City, New York County, New York
    Charred/burned Remains


    Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 20-40 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 72"; 145 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: 3" light brown, curly hair.

    Tattoos:
    Butterfly on right shoulder,
    Scales on the right forearm,
    "**** You" on upper left back.

    Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Available


    Case History
    The victim was located in a cardboard box which was on fire on sidewalk in front of 201 West 24th Street.
    Last edited by madamx; 01-12-2018 at 12:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    I decided to add this guy since his height and weight seem to match and his birthday is in October which made him a libra and seems he left with some Rainbow Cult so I guess anything is possible

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1691dmne.html
    BRCannon4[1].jpg
    Name: Benjamin Richard Cannon
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: March 31, 1995
    Location Last Seen: Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska


    Physical Description
    Date of Birth: October 11, 1974
    Age: 20 years old

    Race: White
    Gender: Male
    Height: 5'9" to 6'2"
    Weight: 135-180 lbs.
    Hair Color: Dark brown, buzz cut with bangs.
    Eye Color: Gray or hazel.
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light complexion. Pierced ears. No tattoos at time of disappearance. May suffer from mental illness.
    Identifiers

    Dentals: Not Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Available

    Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Dresses casually and sometimes wears a beret.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Benjamin Richard Cannon, known as Ben, was last seen at his residence in the 12600 block of Weir Street in Omaha, Nebraska, sometime in late March 1995.
    He was involved with the Rainbow Family, a nomadic cult-type religious group, at the time of his disappearance.

    Cannon was not reported missing until May 2004, nine years after he went missing; prior to then, the police had refused to accept a report. Few details are available in his case.
    Investigating Agency(s)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    I'm no expert but the tattoos look more than a year old. It says LIBRA above the scales but I also make it out to be OCC3 below the scales. The butterfly tat looks like an amateur's work. It also looks like the oldest one.
    Last edited by Baudelaire; 01-12-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    The butterfly tat looks like an amateur's work. It also looks like the oldest one.
    They all look amateur to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    M96_01044_tattoo_2[1].jpg
    I have been looking more and more trying to figure out the letters on the bottom of the scale.. I was looking at it on my phone and its much smaller and looked to me as OC63 or OG63 .. then I was thinking could be his initials and the last 2 numbers of his birth year.. again just a thought. Yes and the tattoos do not look professional at all to me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    I found this guy and his height and weight match up and it says he is light skinned although he is black..
    I know the date of him missing is March 13 1996 which is exactly a month and day to when the UID was found..

    What caught my eye is that it says that he was last seen 3rd Ave and West 52nd street. in Manhattan. BUT there is NO 3rd Ave and West 52nd street.. If he was on 3rd ave he would be on the East side of Manhattan not the West... and the UID was found on 201 West 24ths street..which is the West side not to far from where this guy was last seen if in fact he was seen on West 52nd.

    My point being if they did a typo on the location could there have been other things mixed up on this Owen C. Powell's profile also? and it just has never been noticed?

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1504dmny.html

    Owen C. Powell
    Missing since March 13, 1996 from Manhattan, New York City, New York
    Classification: Missing



    Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: 1952
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 72 inches; 150-170 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Light complexion.
    Dentals: Available




    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Powell was last seen in the vicinity of 3rd Avenue and West 52nd Street in Manhattan, New York at 10:03 A.M. on March 13, 1996.

    OPowell[1].jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I found this guy and his height and weight match up and it says he is light skinned although he is black..
    I know the date of him missing is March 13 1996 which is exactly a month and day to when the UID was found..

    What caught my eye is that it says that he was last seen 3rd Ave and West 52nd street. in Manhattan. BUT there is NO 3rd Ave and West 52nd street.. If he was on 3rd ave he would be on the East side of Manhattan not the West... and the UID was found on 201 West 24ths street..which is the West side not to far from where this guy was last seen if in fact he was seen on West 52nd.

    My point being if they did a typo on the location could there have been other things mixed up on this Owen C. Powell's profile also? and it just has never been noticed?

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1504dmny.html

    Owen C. Powell
    Missing since March 13, 1996 from Manhattan, New York City, New York
    Classification: Missing



    Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: 1952
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 72 inches; 150-170 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Light complexion.
    Dentals: Available




    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Powell was last seen in the vicinity of 3rd Avenue and West 52nd Street in Manhattan, New York at 10:03 A.M. on March 13, 1996.

    OPowell[1].jpg
    He's got no tattoos. Original person also had light brown hair.

    It would be wonderful if we could get clearer pictures of the tattoos. I ran them through goggle reverse look up with no luck. I also tried goggling the meaning of OCC3 and the nearest I can get is Orange County Choppers.

    Libra's element is air, OCC3 is a stretch if they meant CO2. I don't see the first C as a G. I was thinking prison tattoos.

    The NYPD has a database the public can search at a fee, but you need a name.

    It would be very helpful if someone knew of a database in New York where we could scroll through mug shots and tattoos to see if we can find it there.

    Let me know how your search for OG or OCC or OGC goes. I didn't even think of that.

    I went on the assumption that our John never left New York. I have a list of tattoo parlours eatablished prior to 1996. However, I don't think we'll get a hit there. Especially the F you on the back looks very dark for an old tattoo, like it was done with black pen ink.

    Does Reikers or Sing Sing have some kind of searchable data base?
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    IMG_20180113_074707.jpg
    I played around with the photo. You were correct initially. It says OCT. 3 There is also a moon bottom left and a star top right.
    Last edited by Baudelaire; 01-13-2018 at 01:51 AM.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    IMG_20180113_074707.jpg
    I played around with the photo. You were correct initially. It says OCT. 3 There is also a moon bottom left and a star top right.
    oh Bauldelaire thanks for playing with the photo!!!.. yes I also now see the tiny star on the top right and a half moon on the bottom.
    I guess you see the Oct 3 also.. its so hard to really be 100 percent sure. I have tried figuring out different letters and looking the combinations up online.. but nothing really makes sense or stands out..

    oh yes another reason I posted Owen C Powell because I thought maaaaybe the letters under the scale could be Owens initials..Yes I wish there was some way possible to view like you said mugshots on list of tattoos on inmates.

    the only database that I know of is the inmate look up but as you said you need to know a name http://a073-ils-web.nyc.gov/inmatelo...ommon/find.jsf


    to me the tattoos look old..to me the butterfly does Not look professional..but who am I really to say.. I think maybe the libra and scale could maybe be professional from possibly the early 1980s or late 1970s..but as you said the FU looks darker.. oh its hard to really tell.....arrgh!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    IMG_20180113_085118.jpg

    Can you see the T with a space of skin and then a dot now? It's very blurry but I can definitely see a T and then a dot. I'm trying to find someone in the NYPD Crime centre. Loads of resources for victims but cannot find someone I can send a pic of the tattoos to.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    I sent an email to the NYC Gov. I have a reference number, so let's see if they get back to me and can run those pics through their convict system.

    I'm surprised the NYME office did not run the tattoos through the inmate database. I'm also beginning to think that homeless shelters should do the same, although you wouldn't have seen the UID's under his clothes.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    IMG_20180113_085118.jpg

    Can you see the T with a space of skin and then a dot now? It's very blurry but I can definitely see a T and then a dot. I'm trying to find someone in the NYPD Crime centre. Loads of resources for victims but cannot find someone I can send a pic of the tattoos to.
    Omg now Yes I Clearly see the T with the dot! wow yes I do!.. oh you are awesome!!!! you have actually confirmed what I saw.. oh thank you.. makes me feel like I did something ha!..
    now I will see if I can find anything on my end on who to send the photo to.. I mean maybe send it to Namus.. but they will just write down the info that its Oct 3 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6896.. I don't know?
    Last edited by madamx; 01-13-2018 at 04:08 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    You did a lot. I would not even thought of NAMUS. I think the more places we ask for info and the more places we provide info to will result in something somewhere. Thank you for starting the thread.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Baudelaire View Post
    I sent an email to the NYC Gov. I have a reference number, so let's see if they get back to me and can run those pics through their convict system.

    I'm surprised the NYME office did not run the tattoos through the inmate database. I'm also beginning to think that homeless shelters should do the same, although you wouldn't have seen the UID's under his clothes.
    yes your right I am surprised they would not have done that already.. but I am sure a lot of the early ones are Not online but still in files and folders in boxes somewhere waiting to be logged online..so I guess its much harder.. oh I don't know what types of database homeless shelters keep but yeah it would be good if they kept one.. again going back I think everything would be on paper though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    I'm trying prisons now, trying to go through their tattoos. There are literally millions in the NY system alone.
    I am a strange melange of good and evil, it would be difficult to describe me. - George Byron, Lord Byron.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 02:56 PM
  2. Identified! SC - York Co., UID female, 13-20, found burned, Nov'09 - Randi Saldana
    By jcamille in forum Identified!
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 11:06 AM
  3. NY - Nadine Lockwood, 4, starved to death, New York City, 3 Aug 1996
    By Princess of Oz in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2015, 02:02 AM
  4. SC Zackary Lamar Kirsh (4) - York SC, 1996
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 04:52 PM