OH OH - Roberta 'Bobby' Snider, 70, Hartville, 4 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

Dalagali

Reaction score
Philip and Roberta Snider left their Hartville home Jan. 4 for possibly their last trip to Graceland, the Tennessee home of Elvis Presley.

Only Philip made it home.

He told his family, and later police, that Roberta — who would have turned 70 on Monday and had several serious medical issues — died in their Ford F-150 in a Memphis hotel parking lot across the street from the place that bills itself as the world’s most famous rock ’n’ roll residence.

Philip never called 911. He told police he saw an ambulance in a parking lot adjacent to the motel and waved it down for help.

Emergency medical technicians whisked Roberta’s body away, Philip told police, but he didn’t know where they took her, so he came home.

More at link:
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/bre...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip and Roberta Snider left their Hartville home Jan. 4 for possibly their last trip to Graceland, the Tennessee home of Elvis Presley.

He told his family, and later police, that Roberta — who would have turned 70 on Monday and had several serious medical issues — died in their Ford F-150 in a Memphis hotel parking lot across the street from the place that bills itself as the world’s most famous rock ’n’ roll residence.

Philip never called 911. He told police he saw an ambulance in a parking lot adjacent to the motel and waved it down for help.

Emergency medical technicians whisked Roberta’s body away, Philip told police, but he didn’t know where they took her, so he came home.

More at link:
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/bre...she-died-during-their-trip-to-elvis-graceland

Thank you so much for starting this thread. Roberta is actually from Hartville in Ohio. She and her husband were traveling to TN when she went missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“We talked to her husband who said she passed of natural causes,” Hartville Police Chief Larry Dordea said Thursday. “At first blush, what happened seemed reasonable.”

But Dordea has since discovered that Tennessee authorities have no record of Roberta’s body, nor any Jane Doe who matches her description.
Dordea is now trying to retrace the couple’s steps along the 725-mile route between Hartville and Memphis, looking for clues as to what happened.

“I think [Philip’s] recollection may be suspect,” Dordea said.

But he cautioned, it’s not clear whether Philip intentionally misled police or not.

More at link. Very odd story.

More at link:

What on earth???

More at link:

Some photo's of Roberta-
8c4ed31946cf9f67c58faaf2303a3ac7.jpg
40a780b230fa2712294150baaf2a60a7.jpg
e46c7740a36e60d083967a8ad69442b7.jpg

I just read this story online and came here to see if there was a thread. The fact that there are no EMS/LE reports found on this situation is what gives me pause. Even if she weren't identified, there would be reports by every entity that responded.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps he wasn't in the state/city he thought he was in, so investigators are looking in the wrong area. Still, I'm sure they've already thought of that possibility and have pursued surrounding areas for a patient report, especially if LE suspects cognitive impairment in Phillip.

Very, very odd.

I just read this story online and came here to see if there was a thread. The fact that there are no EMS/LE reports found on this situation is what gives me pause. Even if she weren't identified, there would be reports by every entity that responded.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps he wasn't in the state/city he thought he was in, so investigators are looking in the wrong area. Still, I'm sure they've already thought of that possibility and have pursued surrounding areas for a patient report, especially if LE suspects cognitive impairment in Phillip.

Very, very odd.

Very bizarre. You think you've heard everything, but this is definitely a new one.

I agree with you though. I wonder if he is suffering from cognitive impairment and was in a different city/state?

Assuming he has a cell phone, I would guess LE checked to see if it pinged in a different place from where he was.

It would be interesting too, to see his demeanor and emotional state as he described what happened.

His poor family. What a head-scratcher...

JMO

Why was it possibly their last trip?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Why was it possibly their last trip?

In the article, linked in the first post ( thanks, Dalagali ) it stated that Roberta had several serious medical issues.

It wasn't clear if that was confirmed by the rest of her family, or was only coming from Philip, her husband.

In view of that, and assuming it's true, I suppose she may have expressed the wish to visit Graceland one last time before it was too late, and he agreed to provide that for her.

Sounds like a very kind gesture. However, if she did die in the way her husband described, what happened? Where is she now?

The truth might be different, although it may not be intentional misleading by her husband.

So sad and confusing for the whole family. Praying they get resolution and answers.

They need to have her returned to say their proper good-byes...

JMO

I'm seeing 3 possibilities outside of the husband being guilty of something.

1 - Maybe he has memory issues /dementia that people are not aware of. He could have had a moment of not being clear about what happened. He could have had delusions, leading him to believe this happened. And perhaps some really crappy people did something just because they could after she had died and they found him in that situation.

2 - Assisted suicide is a possibility.

3 - Again with memory and dementia. Perhaps it happened in a city he does not remember.

I'm leaning towards 1.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can’t ever remember reading a story like that and the police accepted it “at first blush.” Maybe I’m just cynical, but if the same story was told by a younger person, it wouldn’t even be a possibility. So very sad all the way around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the article, linked in the first post ( thanks, Dalagali ) it stated that Roberta had several serious medical issues.

It wasn't clear if that was confirmed by the rest of her family, or was only coming from Philip, her husband.

In view of that, and assuming it's true, I suppose she may have expressed the wish to visit Graceland one last time before it was too late, and he agreed to provide that for her.

Sounds like a very kind gesture. However, if she did die in the way her husband described, what happened? Where is she now?

The truth might be different, although it may not be intentional misleading by her husband.

So sad and confusing for the whole family. Praying they get resolution and answers.

They need to have her returned to say their proper good-byes...

JMO
Thank you for your reply Jazztune. I was aware of her serious medical issues. However i was thinking that serious could also mean that she needed medication all the time and not as in that her time was limited. But ofcourse it could be all very possible.

Nevertheless this case is really strange. I mean he could have some type of dementia ofcourse. But there could also be something else going on like mentioned here.

I guess they will do everything to find her. If it happened as he said, it shouldnt be hard to track her down. However, unless he was in a different city.

What a strange story. Kinda reminds me of one a year or two ago....a lady was transporting dogs and her trailer was found (crashed?) and I think there was a record of her being transported to a hospital, but released and she went to a hotel and died. I don't know if I have the details exactly right.....anyone remember this?

I wonder if the husband misinterpreted her being unresponsive for being deceased, and she's in a hospital somewhere between Point A and Point B?

This is seriously messed up...

Thank you for your reply Jazztune. I was aware of her serious medical issues. However i was thinking that serious could also mean that she needed medication all the time and not as in that her time was limited. But ofcourse it could be all very possible.

Nevertheless this case is really strange. I mean he could have some type of dementia ofcourse. But there could also be something else going on like mentioned here.

I guess they will do everything to find her. If it happened as he said, it shouldnt be hard to track her down. However, unless he was in a different city.

Thanks Jade, and I agree with you. People live for years and years with serious medical issues with medication. I hope I didn't come across as condescending. I didn't mean that at all. It was just my own deduction from the little that is known.

Yes, you're right. So weird. There are several possible scenarios here. I hope they get resolution and answers...

JMO

I wonder if the husband misinterpreted her being unresponsive for being deceased, and she's in a hospital somewhere between Point A and Point B?

This is seriously messed up...

Good point. Very possible too. Hopefully, the authorities are checking for that possibility too.

I wish we could hear more from the rest of the family. I wonder what their thoughts are about it.

What a strange story. Kinda reminds me of one a year or two ago....a lady was transporting dogs and her trailer was found (crashed?) and I think there was a record of her being transported to a hospital, but released and she went to a hotel and died. I don't know if I have the details exactly right.....anyone remember this?

Searched Google using some of your terms and came up empty. I sure would be interested in reading about that if anyone remembers.
So, seems like LE doesn't think the husband did anything to her. I wonder if he's obviously confused and not faking....strange they wouldn't assume that he killed her and left her somewhere unless there's something not being said.
Anyone know how long they were married?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back