Human Head Found In Luggage

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Airport baggage screeners found a human head with teeth, hair and skin in the luggage of a woman who said she intended to ward off evil spirits with it, authorities said Friday.

Myrlene Severe, 30, a Haitian-born permanent U.S. resident, was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S. without proper documentation.

Customs and Border Protection officials found the head Thursday, after Severe arrived at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on a Lynx International Airlines flight from Cap Haitien, Haiti, said Barbara Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami.

"It still had teeth, hair and bits of skin and lots of dirt," Gonzalez said.

Severe told authorities she had obtained the package in Haiti for "use as a part of her voodoo beliefs," ICE Special Agent Erick Hernandez wrote in an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint.

"Severe also stated that the purpose of the package was to ward off evil spirits," Hernandez wrote.

Severe, who also was charged with FAILING TO DECLARE THE HEAD and transporting hazardous material in air commerce, faces a maximum of 15 years in prison if convicted of all charges, prosecutors said.

Severe remained held Friday in lieu of a $100,000 bond. She is due back in federal court March 2. (emphasis added)

From apnews.mywaynews.com

What was she thinking, not getting that human head it's own passport? :confused: :innocent:

This reminds me of some movie I saw where the woman killed her husband and was carrying his head around with her. Was it Dolly Parten, Melanie Griffith?

Severe, who also was charged with FAILING TO DECLARE THE HEAD and transporting hazardous material in air commerce, faces a maximum of 15 years in prison if convicted of all charges, prosecutors said.

Just in case I ever need this information, what is the proper method of transporting a human head that's used to ward off evil?

Mabel said:
Just in case I ever need this information, what is the proper method of transporting a human head that's used to ward off evil?

I think it's somewhere in Section Z, Paragraph 987654321.a :p

Always remember...declare your head. :rolleyes:

I thought the custom people usually asked...."are you carrying any vegetable or animal products .....or human body parts?"

Someone was sleeping on the job apparently.

This is weird!

Who's head is it????

It said she is being charged with "FAILING TO DECLARE THE HEAD and transporting hazardous material in air commerce"....ehhem, what about possible murder...who's flippin' head is it? Did I miss that part?

religion, schmigien. she needs some serious anti-psychotic meds!!!

christine2448 said:
This is weird!

Who's head is it????

It said she is being charged with "FAILING TO DECLARE THE HEAD and transporting hazardous material in air commerce"....ehhem, what about possible murder...who's flippin' head is it? Did I miss that part?

... I've lost my head several times and was lucky enough to find it! :crazy: I've lost it again though!! :doh: If anyone finds it this time I would like it back! And, if you find it, don't mess with it, it's the only one I have!! There's a reward!!

reb said:
religion, schmigien. she needs some serious anti-psychotic meds!!!
I tend to fully agree with ya Reb.....This "lady" is a Nut.Usually when I want to ward off evil spirits I just drink a 5th of Jack Daniels.....LOL Not always the wisest method,but I aint under a $100,000 bond facing yrs in prison for it....YET

Stan said:
... I've lost my head several times and was lucky enough to find it! :crazy: I've lost it again though!! :doh: If anyone finds it this time I would like it back! And, if you find it, don't mess with it, it's the only one I have!! There's a reward!!
Could this be yours? :crazy:

Stan said:
Stan, this could be your head! We must investigate further!

christine2448 said:
Stan, this could be your head! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We must investigate further!

... I don't know Christine!! All I know is, I can't see where the hell I'm goin' without that head!!! :doh: I seem to have lost my hat too!!! :eek:

Linda7NJ said:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Airport baggage screeners found a human head with teeth, hair and skin in the luggage of a woman who said she intended to ward off evil spirits with it, authorities said Friday.

Myrlene Severe, 30, a Haitian-born permanent U.S. resident, was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S. without proper documentation.

Customs and Border Protection officials found the head Thursday, after Severe arrived at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on a Lynx International Airlines flight from Cap Haitien, Haiti, said Barbara Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami.

"It still had teeth, hair and bits of skin and lots of dirt," Gonzalez said.

Severe told authorities she had obtained the package in Haiti for "use as a part of her voodoo beliefs," ICE Special Agent Erick Hernandez wrote in an affidavit in support of a criminal complaint.

"Severe also stated that the purpose of the package was to ward off evil spirits," Hernandez wrote.

Severe remained held Friday in lieu of a $100,000 bond. She is due back in federal court March 2. (emphasis added)

From apnews.mywaynews.com
Can you just imagine being the baggage screener, putting the bag on an X-ray machine and seeing a skull smiling at you?

Aha! Custom officials are not evil spirits..or else the head was not doing its job. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back