Florida man, aged 20, wins $450 million mega millions lottery

gregjrichards

Reaction score
“A 20-year-old Florida man has stepped forward as the lone winner of the $450 million Mega Millions jackpot from the January 5 drawing.

Shane Missler will take the a lump sum payout of $281.2 million.
One week ago, at 11:33 on Friday night, minutes after the drawing, the young man put on Facebook, simply: Oh. My. God.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-450-MILLION-Mega-Millions.html#ixzz540kZ7ViS

Congratulations Shane! I wish you a lifetime of happiness and hope this win brings much joy.

My first thought was "Well, here's another episode of "The Lottery Ruined My Life" in the making..."

I heard about that in the local news - good for him!

Normally I don't buy the Mega Millions tickets, I'll buy a Powerball or a FL state lotto ticket

My first thought was "Well, here's another episode of "The Lottery Ruined My Life" in the making..."

I know it must be a dream and a nightmare at the same time. It’s a real pity you can’t remain anonymous if you win in Florida as he will likely be hounded for cash and have to move. I hope it doesn’t ruin his life and he has a good family around him.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. I hope the vultures will stay away but I fear they won't. It sounds like he set up some things before coming forward, I hope that includes whatever measures will help protect him from the 'long lost third cousins' and their ilk. Congrats, Shane, be safe and be yourself!

Hopefully he will put his winnings into a blind trust.

The best way to go when you win that sort of money

Hopefully he will put his winnings into a blind trust.

The best way to go when you win that sort of money
I read that he was putting his winnings into a trust under an LLC name. He collected his winnings with his father (mother deceased) and an attorney. His FB posts someone who knows how to save money and live within his means - he used cash to buy his car and he was employed. I think he's starting out on the right foot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back