blue jeans, beige light jacket
Footwear
sneakers

Jewelry
gold wedding band

Accessories
cane, green rosary with white cross, thick wallet with rubber band

Circumstances:
John was with his family in Manhattan when he told them he was headed back to Cabrini Medical Center. He never arrived at the hospital or back home.

img_62651[1].jpegimg_62652[1].jpg

it will be 25 years now...someone out there is a match for John!!! Still Missing..no info no updates.. he just disappeared from his family....it must be absolutely heartbreaking to be his family.. not knowing... every time I look at the photo wit the birthday cake and hat it makes me sad....

Last edited:
Still Missing..no info no updates.. he just disappeared from his family......

This may not entirely the case. In 2001 "Three men were charged in the 1996 murder of a man, John Borrelli, for "dating the wrong girl,". See CNN.com - FBI sting nets 45 alleged Mafia members - April 25, 2001 . In 1998 a man called Vito Guzzo admitted in court (where he was charged with various other matters) that he shot Borrelli (see Leader of Queens Crime Ring Pleads Guilty to 5 Murders ). Guzzi is a member of the Colombo mafia family. Further information emerged in 2007 in another trial (see After 11 Years, the Law Catches Up With Slaying Suspect ).

So there may be little mystery about what happened, just about what happened to his body. I have always held that in murder cases where someone is found guilty but with no body, they should have no prospect of release until they give information to find the remains.

The only thing which confuses me is the date - 1996 murder. I cannot find any suggestion that this is a different John Borrelli, and it would be surprising if two individuals of the same (not especially common) name, in the same city and within 3 years disappeared in one case and were murdered in another case. So I suspect a date error somewhere - but this does need clarification.

Last edited:
This may not entirely the case. In 2001 "Three men were charged in the 1996 murder of a man, John Borrelli, for "dating the wrong girl,". See CNN.com - FBI sting nets 45 alleged Mafia members - April 25, 2001 . In 1998 a man called Vito Guzzo admitted in court (where he was charged with various other matters) that he shot Borrelli (see Leader of Queens Crime Ring Pleads Guilty to 5 Murders ). Guzzi is a member of the Colombo mafia family. Further information emerged in 2007 in another trial (see After 11 Years, the Law Catches Up With Slaying Suspect ).

So there may be little mystery about what happened, just about what happened to his body. I have always held that in murder cases where someone is found guilty but with no body, they should have no prospect of release until they give information to find the remains.

The only thing which confuses me is the date - 1996 murder. I cannot find any suggestion that this is a different John Borrelli, and it would be surprising if two individuals of the same (not especially common) name, in the same city and within 3 years disappeared in one case and were murdered in another case. So I suspect a date error somewhere - but this does need clarification.

wow alb1on good find..I wonder if the date its a typo like you said.. I have not found any other info as to how old the Borelli that was shot was.

...In 1996, he supplied the murder weapon and drove a getaway car for the execution slaying of John Borrelli by a notorious Colombo mobster, Vito Guzzo, who is serving a 36-year sentence for several murders, including the Borrelli slaying.

wow alb1on good find..I wonder if the date its a typo like you said.. I have not found any other info as to how old the Borelli that was shot was.

...In 1996, he supplied the murder weapon and drove a getaway car for the execution slaying of John Borrelli by a notorious Colombo mobster, Vito Guzzo, who is serving a 36-year sentence for several murders, including the Borrelli slaying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back