VT - Austin Colson, 19, Royalton, 11 Jan 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are looking for a missing Royalton teenager.

19-year-old Austin Colson was last seen leaving his residence Thursday at 11 a.m. He was wearing blue jeans, boots and a camouflage hooded jacket.

Foul play is not suspected at this time but police tell us they are concerned for his welfare.

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/Missing-teen-in-Royalton-469078093.html
d0d0bc819d18093940cc1119daa5a348.jpg

He was wearing blue jeans, Chippewa boots, a camouflage hooded jacket and white baseball cap with “A&C Painting” lettered in black, according to a state police news release.

Update 01/14/18: Law Enforcement has been advised that Austin has ties to the Western Massachusetts area, and may be headed in that direction. It is also believed that Austin has a Tartar utility trailer, bearing Vermont Registration B69174.

http://www.vnews.com/Police-Searching-for-Missing-Royalton-Boy-14894374
8fc1953dffaa2d100aa6d09d897b26f2.jpg

Jan 19

DeAunna Claflin, of West Lebanon, said it was out of character for her son, Austin Colson, to not contact family and friends for an extended period of time. Nothing like this has ever happened before, she said.

Vermont State Police are actively investigating Colson’s disappearance. He was last seen on Jan. 11 at his residence on Rainbow Street in Royalton.

State police on Friday issued an updated news release and said Colson had plans to collect scrap metal on the day he disappeared.

The small, black-framed utility trailer Colson was believed to have been using for the job was found abandoned earlier this week on Downer Road in Sharon, the release said. It was partially filled with scrap metal.

Police believe the scrap metal was collected rom places in Royalton, Sharon or the surrounding towns, according to the release.

http://www.vnews.com/Royalton-Teen-Still-Missing-15008305
454747c7bad66aaa0e86c4a63f977a10.jpg
169d544f1fd376e1360176f244caa545.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Oh man, this doesn't sound good. I wonder where his vehicle is? Have they been able to trace his cell phone's last location?

UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING MISSING PERSON INVESTIGATION OF AUSTIN COLSON.
18B200198

Troopers and Detectives continue to investigate the disappearance of Austin Colson (9/23/98.)
Colson was last seen at his residence, 224 Rainbow St in Royalton, on January 11, 2018.Colson was believed to have made plans to collect scrap metal during the day on Thursday, January 11. Earlier this week, the utility trailer Colson was believed to have been using was found abandoned on Downer Road in Sharon.
The trailer was partially loaded with scrap metal. Photos of the trailer and some of the scrap on it are shown here.Police are seeking assistance with identifying any locations where this metal may have been collected from. The scrap most likely was collected during the day on January 11 in the Royalton, Sharon, or immediate surrounding areas. Anyone who can identify some of this material, recalls interacting with Austin Colson that day, or has information about his disappearance is urged to contact the Vermont State Police Royalton Barracks at 802 234-9933.
bbm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155366656347896&id=119739537895

https://www.facebook.com/VermontStatePolice/
8f4ec330cf2ddbfbeb5e7b374441660b.jpg
eb79d882757b9214c00d8b36040fe853.jpg
344837b199a81c97245e564128609dcf.jpg
57a604a5738d22da3f33076a75789ce9.jpg
1d5bd0e3e71499c647479b677b62bafd.jpg

On my local channel 5 News station tonight this case was discussed. Austin's mom suggested the possibility that his disappearance might possibly have to do with drugs. I'm sorry for not adding a link here~I don't know how to yet..but if you look up Channel 5 News Vermont you should be able to find out the latest about this case. Austin's mom is worried sick..she said that this is not like him. I hope that Austin is found safe..my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Edit; I'm sorry..I tried to find out more but it doesn't look like there is much information out there to find.

I know that most people that collect scrap metal go on Craigslist to where folks post that they have it outside of their yard for anyone that wants it. I'm sure LE has checked his computer or phone to see if he was on any of those sites that advertise free scrap metal.

On my local channel 5 News station tonight this case was discussed. Austin's mom mentioned the possibility that his disappearance might possibly have to do with drugs. I'm sorry for not adding a link here~I don't know how to yet..but if you look up Channel 5 News Vermont you should be able to find out the latest about this case. Austin's mom is worried sick..she said that this is not like him. I hope that Austin is found safe..my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I'm confused- do they think he was involved in drugs and this was drug related as in harm coming to him? I just want to clarify.

Did Austin use a car/truck to tow the trailer around town or did he pull it himself. If he did use a car is it missing also.

Janand 25, 2018

Austin Colson's family members said the hardest part is not knowing what happened to him. Police are working on the case, but they said they have few leads to work with.

"I just want to know where he is, if he's safe or not," said Colson's mother, DeAunna McKinney. "Because that's the hardest thing, is not knowing."

McKinney said she hasn't heard from her son in two weeks. Flyers have been posted in towns along the New Hampshire and Vermont border in an effort to find him.

"I can't sleep or eat, because I'm so worried," McKinney said. "I don't know, and it's just killing me inside."

Police said that on Jan. 11, Colson left an apartment he shared with his girlfriend in Royalton, Vermont. Authorities said Colson might have gone to collect scrap metal. A partially filled trailer police believe he was using was found in nearby Sharon.

http://www.wmur.com/article/police-search-for-missing-19-year-old/15883511

I'm confused- do they think he was involved in drugs and this was drug related as in harm coming to him? I just want to clarify.

His mother mentioned that his disappearance MIGHT POSSIBLY be drug related(as in possibility as to why he is missing)..drugs are rampant here in Vermont like everywhere else. I tried to find a link but so far haven't been able to..I will keep looking.

Janand 25, 2018

Austin Colson's family members said the hardest part is not knowing what happened to him. Police are working on the case, but they said they have few leads to work with.

"I just want to know where he is, if he's safe or not," said Colson's mother, DeAunna McKinney. "Because that's the hardest thing, is not knowing."

McKinney said she hasn't heard from her son in two weeks. Flyers have been posted in towns along the New Hampshire and Vermont border in an effort to find him.

"I can't sleep or eat, because I'm so worried," McKinney said. "I don't know, and it's just killing me inside."

Police said that on Jan. 11, Colson left an apartment he shared with his girlfriend in Royalton, Vermont. Authorities said Colson might have gone to collect scrap metal. A partially filled trailer police believe he was using was found in nearby Sharon.

http://www.wmur.com/article/police-search-for-missing-19-year-old/15883511

Thank you so much for the link Henry.

I'd like to clarify..no, there was no mention of him being involved in drugs..just his mother's quick mention of hoping it wasn't drug related..in my opinion it sounded like she might be afraid that whatever happened to him was drug-related.

its my understanding his car was left at his fathers house where the trailer came from. He was picked up by an unknown person who had a vehicle that was capable of towing the trailer.

its my understanding his car was left at his fathers house where the trailer came from. He was picked up by an unknown person who had a vehicle that was capable of towing the trailer.

Finding the identity of this unknown person is the key to finding Austin. I would hope LE has questioned Austin's Father and the Fathers neighbors and Austin's girlfriend in regards to this unknown person.

January 25, 2018

In addition to pinning up posters around the Upper Valley and engaging in social media campaigns, they have physically searched for Colson.

Over the weekend, Vermont State Police did the same. Detective Lt. John-Paul Schmidt, who is a member of the Bureau of Criminal Investigations, said officers conducted a search and rescue, but declined to say where or otherwise provide details about the investigation.

The officers used dogs, and one of the areas they searched was off Downer Road, Claflin said, which is the road where the trailer was found.

http://www.vnews.com/Royalton-Teen-Still-Missing-After-Two-Weeks-Family-Pleads-for-Answers-15129525

Looking at the map, Claremont and Newport appear to be outliers. Glad LE is focused on Downer Road (2nd pic). Very rural. Wonder if they are searching Crescent Lake....
b07b0e718ce1469d023a551470f7117a.jpg
5cd13194df3d3ac77495361f5f182b0d.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member