Inmate declared dead was just taking a nap

bcf

Reaction score
A Spanish prisoner declared dead by three doctors was only snoozing, a conclusion made by a coroner after he heard the man snoring — minutes before cutting into him for an autopsy on Sunday, according to reports.

(...)

Jiménez, who had been imprisoned for 29 years, was found unresponsive in his Asturias jail cell the day before, and three separate doctors signed a death certificate before he was set to be dissected.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/09/inmate-declared-dead-was-just-taking-a-nap/

Three. Separate. Doctors.

:facepalm: WTF!!!?? That is scary!

I guess it's scary if you need a doctor in Spain. I believe foreign doctors need to be certified/whatever you call it in America before they are allowed to practice. Thank God.

Family members revealed yesterday that Montoya Jimenez had tried to commit suicide by taking an overdose of barbiturates, accusing prison authorities of failing to control access to medication. The prisoner had reportedly been taking anti-epileptic drugs, while relatives suggested he was also being treated for anxiety, though the specific substances involved have yet to be confirmed.

[...]

It was initially suggested that Montoya Jimenez may have suffered a rare case of catalepsy, a nervous condition which induces an unresponsive state. Tests have since indicated the coma caused by the overdose, along with severe hypothermia, may have masked his vital signs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...e-man-found-snoring-autopsy-table-pronounced/

I guess it's scary if you need a doctor in Spain. I believe foreign doctors need to be certified/whatever you call it in America before they are allowed to practice. Thank God.

"I guess it's scary if you need a doctor in Spain."

Um, yup!

ROFL

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members