Constantly being logged out

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Over the past couple of days the site has been logging me out even though when I've logged back in I've ticked the box to be kept logged in.

Anyone else having problems at the moment?

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

I also intermittently have my unread messages reset, so I'm seeing the same messages repeatedly.

I use Chrome on Microsoft Windows 11. I recently upgraded and thought it might be the browser rather than anything with the site.

I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.php)

Not doing anything differently than I've done since I joined the site in 2010.

OK, I've tried using Opera instead of Firefox and so far it's not kicking me out. Firefox gets cranky from time to time after certain updates so maybe that's the problem.

I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.php)

I just got that one too, but when I clicked on one of the quick link menu items, everything seemed to be okay.

If anybody is still having problems please delete your cookies/cache and reboot.

Here's the weirdness. I did all the regular stuff - cookies, reboot, etc., Still the same. I log in and get an invalid redirect notice.

So just for S&G's I came back on and where it told me to log in I just clicked the WS logo up top.
Much to my surprise I was actually still logged in. There was my settings, profile, etc.

So I am not getting logged out after all even though it tells me to log in.

I am also having lots of issues in the last couple of weeks only. I used to see posts from others who had trouble with pop-ups and redirects and log outs, etc. and was so glad I never had those issues but I am pulling my hair out lately and frankly really frustrated with it. So I just log out in frustration. I've done everything that has been suggested on a couple of threads, all to no avail. Constant re-directs and my antivirus software is blocking threats one after the other. I am just commiserating.

Here's the weirdness. I did all the regular stuff - cookies, reboot, etc., Still the same. I log in and get an invalid redirect notice.

So just for S&G's I came back on and where it told me to log in I just clicked the WS logo up top.
Much to my surprise I was actually still logged in. There was my settings, profile, etc.

So I am not getting logged out after all even though it tells me to log in.

Thank you for putting that into words. lol That's my situation, too. :)

And I thought it was just me !
This has been happening to me for the last week or so. Each time I visit I havet o log in now, even though I;ve always clicked the 'remember me' box.
Rebooted, cleared cache etc, but it is still happening. Any answers?

And I thought it was just me !
This has been happening to me for the last week or so. Each time I visit I havet o log in now, even though I;ve always clicked the 'remember me' box.
Rebooted, cleared cache etc, but it is still happening. Any answers?

Just click the Websleuths logo up top. You will see that you're not actually logged out.

I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.

Not only am I being logged out repeatedly, the same has been happening to me as well. Exact same message.

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

I also intermittently have my unread messages reset, so I'm seeing the same messages repeatedly.

I use Chrome on Microsoft Windows 11. I recently upgraded and thought it might be the browser rather than anything with the site.

Windows 11? Microsoft upgraded IE to 11.

iOS (Apple) released an upgrade to 11 late in 2017.

The latest Windows update was pushed on January 9th, 2018 and it was a security updatefor Adobe Flash Player
https://support.microsoft.com/hu-hu/help/4056887/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player

From personal experience only the best Windows desktop browser for using WS is Firefox Quantum. I don`t have any issues with getting logged out.

HTH

Well, I'm not sure if this will help, but I have Websleuths saved in my bookmarks so what I did was log out and remove the bookmark. Then, I went and searched for the Websleuths site using Google Chrome and clicked on the link and saved that to bookmarks. I logged in and now do not get that message. We shall see if that helps with the logging out issue and I will report back.

So...I have closed out my browser twice and come back and clicked on my saved bookmark and all is well. I have also shutdown my computer twice and everything is fine. I believe the problem is that the old bookmark for Websleuths was actually not https and the new one is. Anyway, the method I posted worked for me using Windows 10, Google Chrome (unsure of version).

So...I have closed out my browser twice and come back and clicked on my saved bookmark and all is well. I have also shutdown my computer twice and everything is fine. I believe the problem is that the old bookmark for Websleuths was actually not https and the new one is. Anyway, the method I posted worked for me using Windows 10, Google Chrome (unsure of version).

Thank you, thank you. Done this and it worked for me. :jumping: :jumping:

Thanks HamSandwich. What a star, worked for me too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back