628 users online (162 members and 466 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Constantly being logged out

Over the past couple of days the site has been logging me out even though when I've logged back in I've ticked the box to be kept logged in.

Anyone else having problems at the moment?

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

I also intermittently have my unread messages reset, so I'm seeing the same messages repeatedly.

I use Chrome on Microsoft Windows 11. I recently upgraded and thought it might be the browser rather than anything with the site.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Make sure you are on https://www.websleuths.com and not http (note the "s")

Quote Originally Posted by Dave AHFB View Post
    Make sure you are on https://www.websleuths.com and not http (note the "s")
    I am on the secure site but it's still logging me out. I never used to have this problem. It's only been happening in the past couple of days.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.php)

Not doing anything differently than I've done since I joined the site in 2010.

OK, I've tried using Opera instead of Firefox and so far it's not kicking me out. Firefox gets cranky from time to time after certain updates so maybe that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.php)

I just got that one too, but when I clicked on one of the quick link menu items, everything seemed to be okay.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Same.

If anybody is still having problems please delete your cookies/cache and reboot.

Here's the weirdness. I did all the regular stuff - cookies, reboot, etc., Still the same. I log in and get an invalid redirect notice.

So just for S&G's I came back on and where it told me to log in I just clicked the WS logo up top.
    Much to my surprise I was actually still logged in. There was my settings, profile, etc.

So I am not getting logged out after all even though it tells me to log in.
    Last edited by Steleheart; 01-18-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: clarity LOL
    All New Members and Guests

WELCOME To WESLEUTHS!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

I am also having lots of issues in the last couple of weeks only. I used to see posts from others who had trouble with pop-ups and redirects and log outs, etc. and was so glad I never had those issues but I am pulling my hair out lately and frankly really frustrated with it. So I just log out in frustration. I've done everything that has been suggested on a couple of threads, all to no avail. Constant re-directs and my antivirus software is blocking threats one after the other. I am just commiserating.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    Here's the weirdness. I did all the regular stuff - cookies, reboot, etc., Still the same. I log in and get an invalid redirect notice.

So just for S&G's I came back on and where it told me to log in I just clicked the WS logo up top.
    Much to my surprise I was actually still logged in. There was my settings, profile, etc.

So I am not getting logged out after all even though it tells me to log in.
    Thank you for putting that into words. lol That's my situation, too.

And I thought it was just me !
    This has been happening to me for the last week or so. Each time I visit I havet o log in now, even though I;ve always clicked the 'remember me' box.
    Rebooted, cleared cache etc, but it is still happening. Any answers?
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure, and never simple - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by jessie View Post
    And I thought it was just me !
    This has been happening to me for the last week or so. Each time I visit I havet o log in now, even though I;ve always clicked the 'remember me' box.
    Rebooted, cleared cache etc, but it is still happening. Any answers?
    Just click the Websleuths logo up top. You will see that you're not actually logged out.
    All New Members and Guests

WELCOME To WESLEUTHS!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I'm not being logged out but have difficulty signing in for the past few days. When I'm trying to log in, I'm getting this error message: Invalid Redirect URL (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forum.

Not only am I being logged out repeatedly, the same has been happening to me as well. Exact same message.
    I mostly and love to. I am a stickler for the and like to keep the.
    Injustice done to innocent victims makes me . As always, anything I post is my opinion.
    I will only post in Haiku's from now on.
    The case that brought me here and has haunted me is JonBenet Ramsey. Cases that keep me here are several and all worthy of mention, but for brevity include: Dylan Redwine, Caylee Anthony, Abby and Libby, LISK, WM3, and the Springfield 3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast