OK Oklahoma City Butcher

Kano

Former Member
Reaction score
I had not really heard of this one before so I thought I would share. I did do a search but I didn't see it mentioned, sorry if this gone over already. This one of those odd levels of brutality that makes you wonder how this person was functioning in society.

On April 1st of 1976, 3 utility workers in between shifts decided to check out an abandoned house nearby in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. What they found inside was a severed thigh and a female human head inside a large popcorn bucket. The workers stated that the head was so beat up they could barely recognize it as human. Police later located a torso within the home and upon closer look, the head had been mutilated to have a bigger smile. It wasn't until 1993 that the remains were positively linked by DNA to missing person Cathy Lyn Shakelford, a member of the Sac and Fox tribe.

On April 19th, 1979, some children playing basketball noted a dog running down the street carrying a human head near the 300 block of NE 10th in Oklahoma City. When authorities investigated they discovered many parts of the same body scattered throughout the neighborhood, covered with newspaper or put in brown paper sacks. These remains included a hand, a woman's pelvis, several pancake-sized portions of human skin, and some other tissues. Each was reportedly carefully cleaned by her killer. Pieces of the victim's remains were found throughout the neighborhood for the next two weeks. A week after the body was first discovered, fingerprints positively identified the victim as Arley Killian, a woman with involvement in sex trafficking. Her family claimed to have seen her only hours before the first remains were recovered.

The final Oklahoma City victim was discovered March 6th, 1986. A woman's torso and left leg were discovered behind a residence on 501 NE 1st street. Almost a week later the woman's head was discovered by a homeless person in the garbage behind a garage at 507 Lindsay Avenue. The body's tattoos linked her to missing person Tina Sanders.

Oklahoma City Police believe that the three murders are connected. There are several common threads between them, one of them being that all three victims are of Native American heritage. All of the women were living on the streets at the time of their death with at least two having possible connections to prostitution. All of the victims were completely dismembered, their body parts left where they could be discovered, and their sexual organs missing. The dismemberment were non-surgical, but crude and sloppy. It is believed that the killer wanted his victims found which is why he left their body parts in such public places.

A possible suspect was considered in Arley's case, a man named Henry Lee Lucas. Lucas was a known drifter who was eventually convicted of killing 11 people.

No arrests have been made and all three murders remain unsolved. The killer has come to be known as the "OKC Butcher."

http://www.reddirtreport.com/oklahoma-mysteries/unsolved-mystery-oklahoma-city-butcher

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/4fckg6/who_was_the_okc_butcher/

Sorry I sent this before I typed anything. Do you have any additional information on this case?

Sorry I sent this before I typed anything. Do you have any additional information on this case?
sorry i do not. It's one of those rare ones that most people in Oklahoma don't even know about

I lived in Oklahoma City from 1985-1987 and I don't recall hearing about this. Just wow!

I lived in Oklahoma City from 1985-1987 and I don't recall hearing about this. Just wow!
searching the victims name came up with a few more links of info. Not much new but at least some official source on the case

https:///wiki/Cathy_Shakelford

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back