UK - Shane Gilmer, 30, killed with crossbow, Yorkshire, 12 Jan 2018

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Suspect hunted by police after father of three, 30, was shot dead with crossbow and his pregnant partner injured is neighbour who had rowed with them over noise

A police manhunt is underway to find a suspect accused of shooting dead a father-of-three with a crossbow and leaving his pregnant girlfriend 'pouring with blood' following an attack in Yorkshire.

Locals have claimed that Anthony Lawrence, the main suspect wanted by police, is in fact the couple's neighbour.

Shane Gilmer, 30, and his girlfriend who has been named locally as Laura Sugden, 27, moved next to wanted suspect Lawrence in Southburn, Yorkshire a few months ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5267885/Hunt-crossbow-killer-killed-father-three.html

I suspect we'll see the laws around crossbows tightened up in the wake of this incident.

Presser coming up........

ETA.....presser was from before body found.

Locals are speculating a lot in the comments section on my above post, and I tend to agree with them.

Locals are speculating a lot in the comments section on my above post, and I tend to agree with them.

Would you mind giving some examples of what is being said? I don’t have fb so I can’t read the comments. Thanks.

Possibly a noise dispute.

The UK currently lacks quick, effective and cheap ways to resolve anti-social behaviour issues between neighbours.

As the population grows (mostly due to immigration and the results of immigration) and houses become smaller and more densely packed, noise disputes between neighbours are becoming much more common. However it can take many months, even years, to go through the legal process of endless monitoring of one neighbour by another, involvement by the local council's environmental health team, court appearances etc etc before there's any real resolution. Even in the face of a court order against him, the offender frequently resists enforcement and carries on with the behaviour.

If your neighbour is renting their landlord may well give them notice to quit, but if they own the property there may be very little that you can do if the council and the courts don't intervene and very often they don't.

To be honest I'm not surprised that these disputes spill over into violence from time to time, especially as one anti-social household can blight the lives of so many others.

Still, at least no firearms were involved.

The relative, who asked not to be named, said Lawrence had sought bloody revenge on the couple because he blamed them for getting him evicted.

He claimed that the couple told Lawrence's landlord that he smoked cannabis in the property.

They also said the couple had complained about the excessive noise coming from Lawrence's semi-detached home when their children were in bed.

The couple's family said today that they wanted to make it clear that Shane and Laura were "entirely innocent" and just "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

"He had removed part of the dividing wall [in the loft] and cleaned up so nobody would notice.

"We don't know how long ago he had done that or how many times he had been inside their house."

Shane's family, who are from Goole, East Yorks, said Laura is just days away from leaving hospital after making a physical recovery.

The relative said: "About a year ago, the murderer was repeatedly playing loud music while their [Shane's] kids were in bed.

"Shane knocked on the door and the murderer asked him to go around the back and he came out of the house threatening Shane and Laura."

The family member said the couple heard nothing more of the incident for about a year, but recently informed Lawrence's landlord that he was smoking cannabis.

They added: "Then recently, Shane and Laura could smell cannabis in their kids' bedrooms coming from next door and reported him and the murderer was to be evicted for this.

"He told the couple that he blamed them for himself being evicted.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53715...hony-lawrence-loft-creep-shot-neighbour-dead/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back