IA - AnnaElise McMann Edgeton, 18, shot to death, Cedar Rapids, 13 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Article from KCRG states:

"Authorities now believe a death at a Cedar Rapids apartment complex is suspicious."

"Emergency crews responded to Shamrock Apartments at 316 Jacolyn Drive SW, around 11:20am, for a welfare check"

"The body of a recently married Cedar Rapids teen was discovered by authorities in a local apartment Saturday morning."

"18-year-old AnnaElise Edgeton (McMann)"

Anna's facebook

Photo is from her facebook. Facebook also indicates she was engaged on 15 Mar 2016 and married on 12 Aug 2017.

Anna's twitter (outdated)

There are a lot of posts on Anna's Instagram also. Looks like she had been working as a CNA at Unity Point Health.
dc235c2b908ed896612683a1f6315688.jpg

Her husband looks so so young. Her instagram looked lovely, so many posts of her cooking meals for him and going on trips to the countryside. RIP AnnaElise McMann.

Was she living in Shamrocks Apartments with her husband only or also other family members?

I’m surprised there’s no mention of her husband’s whereabouts or why they decided her death is suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very strange posts on her profile pic just now. Almost appears to be laughing at the situation. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was an Adult, I am growing weary of this new trend stating Teens when false. Where is the movement on her case?

She was an Adult, I am growing weary of this new trend stating Teens when false. Where is the movement on her case?

Was she not 18? A teen is someone who is 13-19 yrs old.

18 years old is considered an adult teen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just want to clarify that missing individuals are typically not considered adults until 21 thanks to Kelly's Law so in this context it is correct to refer to Anna as a teen.

I know I felt like an adult at 18, but man - I was just a kid and knew nothing. I hope Anna gets justice.

So basically they are holding him on something until they can get their ducks in a row for an arrest of murder.

JMO of course.

The husband was released from jail Saturday afternoon and Anna was found shot in her apartment the same day he was released.

The husband was released from jail Saturday afternoon and Anna was found shot in her apartment the same day he was released.
Right. I think the point of stating that in the article was to dispel speculation that the husband was directly responsible for her death. But I don't recall if we have a confirmed time of death yet...

I haven’t seen an update and I even searched around on FB. I’m thinking LE, family & friends must have a pretty good idea who’s responsible or there would be a lot more being said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back