GUILTY MN - Cristina Prodan, 27, Edina, 5 January 2018 *Arrest*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Mom fears worst for Edina woman missing since early January; boyfriend jailed[/h]
ows_151602843792117.jpg

Edina police anticipate that a man sitting in a jail 800 miles away will be charged as soon as Tuesday in connection with the recent disappearance of his 27-year-old girlfriend.

Authorities in Edina received a missing-person report on Jan. 5 concerning the whereabouts of Cristina Prodan, said police spokeswoman Kaylin Eidsness.

Eidsness said little else about the case, other than multiple agencies are involved in the investigation and that police “believe charges will be filed Tuesday,” based on information from the Hennepin County attorney’s office.
Roughly a week before Prodan was reported missing, the man was sentenced in Hennepin County District Court for violating a domestic abuse no-contact order.
He was sentenced on the misdemeanor count to 90 days in the workhouse, but had 80 of those days stayed and got credit for the 10 days he was under arrest. His criminal history in Arkansas includes convictions for second-degree battery, burglary and property damage.
More at link: http://www.startribune.com/mom-fear...nce-early-january-boyfriend-jailed/469367703/

[h=1]Police Search For Body Of Edina Woman Killed By Boyfriend[/h]
jospeh-porter.jpg

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Police are searching for the body of a missing Edina woman, as her boyfriend sits in an Arkansas jail.

Cristina Prodan, 27, has not been since last week. Her mother, Livia Prodan, said her daughter’s boyfriend – 25-year-old Joseph Porter – is in custody, and appears to have burns across his face.
WCCO looked into Porter’s troubled past: charges for burglary and battery. In one case, a girlfriend wrote that Porter “beat her unconscious … and killed her dog violently.”

In December, it was Cristina calling for help. Porter was ordered to stay away from her after his arrest last month.

But Prodan says her daughter took him back, leading to her worst fears last week.
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/01/11/prodan-murdered/

This is so sad. If he looks that rough I can’t even fathom what Cristina has gone through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is sad. Not only is his face burned, but his haircut might indicate he was trying to conceal his identity...or maybe his hair got singed as well.

Do we know where she was last seen?

jmo

(IF he is guilty) I hope he gets scarring from those burns and loses his pretty face that he uses to lure new victims. He looks demonic now.

I hope that he didn't travel with Cristina and burn her body anywhere between MN and AR. It sure looks like he used so much accelerant that what ever he lit blew up in his face hard!
How horrific for her family. I hope they find her!

It looks like he put her in a barrel and lit it and it blew back in his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just more proof that pieces of paper are not sufficient to stop a person from harming another. I'm at a loss at what else can be done that doesn't violate the offender's "rights" and tired of this inexcusable behavior. Please let her be found.
I'm sending all my thoughts to her family and friends tonight and wish them peace and justice.

Documents filed by the state police in Little Rock, Arkansas indicate while Joseph Porter is officially charged with possessing a stolen vehicle, he is also implicated in the murder of 27-year-old Minnesota resident Cristina Prodan.

http://www.kare11.com/mobile/articl...ked-to-death-of-missing-mn-woman/89-509203508

ETA -

Cristina Prodan was killed in Minnesota, and her body was driven to New Orleans and burned by her ex-boyfriend, according to a newly released criminal court document.

The charging document filed in Arkansas this week reveals that Porter's 44-year-old husband, Richard T. Crawford, told investigators that Porter admitted to arguing with Prodan on Jan. 4 and killing her somewhere in Minnesota.

He said Porter took her body to New Orleans, put it in the freight container on Jan. 6, doused it with gasoline and set it on fire. The flames burned Porter on his face, hands and arms, Crawford said.

Porter then showed up at their home in Jacksonville, Ark., a day or later in a car stolen from a New Orleans towing yard near where Prodan's body was left. At the request of State Police, New Orleans police inspected the container late Jan. 6 and discovered a burned body presumed to be Prodan's.

More at link-
http://m.startribune.com/police-ex-...nnesota-burned-body-in-new-orleans/470124593/

So sorry to read the update. RIP Cristina.

At least the perp was caught before being able to hurt someone else.

jmo

[h=1]Arkansas man charged with kidnapping Edina woman[/h]
According to a criminal complaint, Porter and Prodan met on Facebook. Last fall Porter moved in with Prodan in her Edina home. Ultimately Porter became abusive and violated a no-contact order Prodan filed against him in late December. Soon after that, Prodan took Porter back in. She was reported missing several days later.

Police said that Porter had been stopped while driving in Missouri late on Jan. 4 and in Arkansas early in the morning on Jan. 5. The trooper who made the stop in Missouri said there was a shovel and a pickax in the passenger compartment. The officer that made the stop in Arkansas noted two suitcases, a shovel and another unidentified tool in the car.
The arrest warrant stated that Porter’s mother spoke with her son approximately three weeks earlier. According to the complaint, Porter had claimed that “he was going to kidnap the victim, drain her bank accounts, empty her safe deposit box of the guns, and take her some place where no one could find her again.”
A report detailing Porter’s actions related to the kidnapping offense said that FBI agents located Porter at his husband’s home. Porter had noticeable burns on his face, hands and body. Agents obtained a warrant to search Porter’s husband’s residence and located a number of electronic items, women’s clothing and a jewelry box that the victim’s mother confirmed belonged to the victim.
Read more: http://www.fox9.com/news/arkansas-man-charged-with-kidnapping-edina-woman

Wow, this is a confusing story to read. The suspect sounds like a sick, sick person. I'm curious if he is also a drug addict.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back