Found Deceased WV - George Gross, 56, Beckley, 12 Jan 2018

Dalagali

Reaction score
GLEN JEAN, W. Va. - West Virginia State Police and Rangers with the New River Gorge National River are searching for a missing man.

Officials with the National Park Service said George Andrew Gross, 56, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, was in the Beckley area on Friday, January 12.

His family told investigators they have not heard from him since Friday afternoon, when he reportedly said he wanted to go hiking in or around the New River Gorge National River. His vehicle has not been found in the park.

Gross is 6’1”, and weighs approximately 210 pounds. He has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. Gross has a tattoo on his left arm of a bulldog with “USMC” underneath. Gross drives a 1998 two-door, silver Dodge Ram 4x4 truck with a Pennsylvania license plate on the back, YDA-1398. A red vanity plate on the front reads “Semper Fi.”

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of George Andrew Gross or his vehicle is asked to call Crimestoppers of West Virginia at 304-255-STOP or submit information online

http://www.wvnstv.com/local-news/fa...or-missing-man-near-new-river-gorge/917663435

http://www.wvnstv.com/local-news/fa...r-missing-man-near-new-river-gorge/917663435#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's an update from the link above ( thanks, Dalagali ) as of 9:40 p.m. tonight. It states the following:

"Officials with the National Park Service said on Monday that a missing man's vehicle has been located in the New River Gorge National Park.

Authorities said they are no longer asking for the public's help in locating George Gross."

Hmmm... I think that's good news, but it seems odd they do not mention actually locating George Gross himself, just his vehicle.

Sounds as though there must be more to the story, but I guess they're wanting us to move on.

Apparently all is okay...

JMO

There's an update from the link above ( thanks, Dalagali ) as of 9:40 p.m. tonight. It states the following:

"Officials with the National Park Service said on Monday that a missing man's vehicle has been located in the New River Gorge National Park.

Authorities said they are no longer asking for the public's help in locating George Gross."

Hmmm... I think that's good news, but it seems odd they do not mention actually locating George Gross himself, just his vehicle.

Sounds as though there must be more to the story, but I guess they're wanting us to move on.

Apparently all is okay...

JMO

Found deceased [emoji20]: http://wajr.com/body-of-pittsburgh-man-found-in-fayette-county/

W.Va. — National Park Service officials confirm the body of George Andrew Gross was recovered earlier today in the Diamond Point area of the New River Gorge National River.

A search for Gross began Monday after nobody had heard from him since Friday, January 12.

He had reportedly talked about hiking the New River Gorge shortly before leaving his home of Pittsburgh.

No further details, including a cause of death, are available at this time.

Found deceased [emoji20]: http://wajr.com/body-of-pittsburgh-man-found-in-fayette-county/

W.Va. — National Park Service officials confirm the body of George Andrew Gross was recovered earlier today in the Diamond Point area of the New River Gorge National River.

A search for Gross began Monday after nobody had heard from him since Friday, January 12.

He had reportedly talked about hiking the New River Gorge shortly before leaving his home of Pittsburgh.

No further details, including a cause of death, are available at this time.

This is terrible news, and I am so sorry I assumed everything was okay when I read the brief update last evening about finding his vehicle.

Since they didn't mention him, per se, I figured he or the family didn't want any more publicity for whatever reason.

I apologize for misleading anyone who read my post. I feel the worst though for this man.

RIP, George....

This is such a tragedy for him and his family.

Thank you, Dalagali, for the sad update...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back