Kenny Chesney: No Keg, No Charity Concert

Timex

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
STATESBORO, Ga. -- Kenny Chesney's planned "Keg in the Closet" show at Legends bar in Statesboro, Ga., was canceled, because there was no keg for the closet.

A Georgia State University junior told Savannah's WTOC-TV: "He made a big deal that this would raise money for Habitat for Humanity, but then pulled out because we wouldn't be drunk and acting like idiots

http://www.nbc5.com/news/7006689/detail.html?treets=chi&tid=2655827521813&tml=chi_12pm&tmi=chi_12pm_1_12100302132006&ts=H

Sorry Kenny, kids are right...refusing a show because there is no alcohol is teaching what?

well, they worked it out anyway :)

Chesney's spokesman said it wouldn't make sense to take the "Keg in the Closet" show to a dry bar. But the proceeds that were supposed to go to Habitat for Humanity's Hurricane Relief fund won't be lost.

Chesney booked an extra show in Tuscaloosa, Ala., to make up the money.

close_enough said:
well, they worked it out anyway :)

Chesney's spokesman said it wouldn't make sense to take the "Keg in the Closet" show to a dry bar. But the proceeds that were supposed to go to Habitat for Humanity's Hurricane Relief fund won't be lost.

Chesney booked an extra show in Tuscaloosa, Ala., to make up the money.

Thanks for posting the rest of the story.

yes, they scheduled another concert..one where they will have their beer. My point was simply...why should beer be a must to have a concert? The college students were right, IMO, one should NOT have to have beer to get a performer to play. As long as his booking fees are met, the use of alcohol should not be mandatory. To me it sends the wrong message to the college kids. It says it isnt about the music, it isnt about Habitat for Humanity...its about the booze.

Timex said:
yes, they scheduled another concert..one where they will have their beer. My point was simply...why should beer be a must to have a concert? The college students were right, IMO, one should NOT have to have beer to get a performer to play. As long as his booking fees are met, the use of alcohol should not be mandatory. To me it sends the wrong message to the college kids. It says it isnt about the music, it isnt about Habitat for Humanity...its about the booze.

If you've ever been to one of his shows, you'd understand. It's just him. To each his own.

Lesleegp said:
If you've ever been to one of his shows, you'd understand. It's just him. To each his own.
I have been. I love Kenny's music...just happen to think this decision was wrong.

Timex said:
I have been. I love Kenny's music...just happen to think this decision was wrong.

In all actuality, I really doubt it was a hands on decision by Kenny. And I am sure there is more to the story than we know. I understand what you are saying, but it's neither here nor there to me.

Timex said:

Hey, where did you see him???? He puts on a great show!!!! We saw him in Charlotte in July last year......and I went to college WITH him.

in Wichita Falls, been a few years ago now...summer of 04 I believe it was.

Lesleegp said:
:razz: I fixed it. :slap:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Couldn't resist! I haven't listened to that CD in a while. Might have to break that out! :angel:

Lesleegp said:
Hey, where did you see him???? He puts on a great show!!!! We saw him in Charlotte in July last year......and I went to college WITH him.
Most folks Ive spoken to say he is a good guy. Assume he is, but obviously, don't know him to really judge one way or another. I do like his music though, and his video's are well done.

Does anyone know who someone named Currington is that sings Country Music? I cant remember his first name. This guy was in the bar I bartend at a couple weeks ago hanging out and it was a friends birthday and he sang happy birthday to her. Tonight I found out he is on CMT singing some song rolling around on a beach or something. he apparanlty lives In Rincon and comes to Tybee every weekend when he isnt touring. LOL I thought he was just a good ol boy drinking Bud.

Yup thats him. He has been in a few times when I work. LOL I had no idea he was someone famous

tybee204 said:
Yup thats him. He has been in a few times when I work. LOL I had no idea he was someone famous

LAWD!!! My friend is lin love with that guy. She gets on my nerves playing one of his videos all the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back