Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
cache.php

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>
Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62
Thread #63
Thread #64
Thread #65
Thread #66
Thread #67
Thread #68
Thread #69
Thread #70
Thread #71
Thread #72
Thread #73
Thread #74
Thread #75
Thread #76
Thread #77
Thread #78
Thread #79

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information
th grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

MOST RECENT:

ISP presser of 10/3/17
The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

Could Daniel Nations, 32, get angry enough to pull a hatchet on people he felt offended him, as his arrest charges allege? "Possibly," his wife, Katelyn Nations, 30, told The Gazette. "In a fit of rage, yes."

DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Abby and Libby's thread is open.

From now on we are going to stick to our rules and discuss only those suspects or POI"s that have been in the mainstream media.

No more random sketches. Please do not even ask.

Terms of Service
in case you need a refresher course :)

As Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different".

I need a favor from someone who knows this case.

If you could please post a quick update on Abby and Libby&#8217;s case I would really appreciate it.

Most of us can&#8217;t follow this case like some of you so we are woefully behind.

More than one poster can post an update. That&#8217;s great.

Consider things like:

*What happened with Daniel Nations? Is he still a possible suspect?
*What is the latest from law enforcement?
*What is the latest from the girl&#8217;s loved ones?

Something along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia

I&#8217;m really glad the case was on Megyn&#8217;s show. Here is a link if you missed it - https://www.today.com/video/familie...en-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

Me too, gregjrichards. Thank you for your continued updates. Hoping for a 2018 with many answers to stop this man.
https://www.today.com/video/familie...en-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

At about 13 minutes Ms. Kelly mentions (paraphrased)
NBC affiliate WTHR reports that 'the search has been extended by the FBI into South Eastern Tennessee'

Police Superintendent Doug Carter is tracking with what is going on in Tennessee and he considers this a nationwide search.

View attachment 128860 Southeastern Tenn.
from here

Interesting, (my brief notes) that LE says no witness saw him, and that the body type and posture of that man on that bridge on that day should tell somebody who knows him who he is, nationwide. That it could be somebody who did this before and do it again because of the alacrity of the crime. So this freak may have covered a lot of ground over time, but honed in on Delphi for some reason.

He may have tried and failed at abductions before or since farther away?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 8.33.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 8.33.08 PM.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 135
Biggest take away I got out of the show is they do not have a viable suspect.

Damn.

moo

Ok a few of us have been referring to a Tenn suspect's eyes as being blue in between the other posts today and I think I've figured out what the confusion is - we are talking about 2 different Tenn suspects. I am probably part of this confusion so my apologies if so.

Anyway, one of them is a man charged with a double murder in Bledsoe County, TN. He comes up when you look for other murders in Bledsoe Co and IIRC also when you search for RSOs. I think it's his RSO page that says "hazel eyes".

The second is from a poster mentioning a suspect on the Bledsoe Co Sherriff's Dept FB page with "Captured" written across it. If you go to their FB and click photos, you'll see it. This is the blue eyed fellow.

Not sure that either of them is related to Delphi at all, just we were all looking for stuff this morning I guess before the Tennessee info was changed. MOO

The above, I couldn't get to reply with quote. But I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the "Captured" pic guy, his eyes are hazel as listed on the Hancock In inmate website. Not blue.

I am thankful that we have a new thread as we follow this case and hope that this is the one where the suspect is found.
I do fear however that this case may end up following the way of Elizabeth and Lyric's case from Evansdale, IN with no suspect after more than five years.

There is a SM group, headed by BP to generate ideas on how to raise awareness about Libby & Abby’s case. In the passed two weeks, there have been several members sending the flyer to LE SM pages, asking those LE dept’s to share the flyer on their pages. Sadly, that was part of the confusion. I really hope that does not stop other LE dept’s from sharing the flyer. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok a few of us have been referring to a Tenn suspect's eyes as being blue in between the other posts today and I think I've figured out what the confusion is - we are talking about 2 different Tenn suspects. I am probably part of this confusion so my apologies if so.

Anyway, one of them is a man charged with a double murder in Bledsoe County, TN. He comes up when you look for other murders in Bledsoe Co and IIRC also when you search for RSOs. I think it's his RSO page that says "hazel eyes".

The second is from a poster mentioning a suspect on the Bledsoe Co Sherriff's Dept FB page with "Captured" written across it. If you go to their FB and click photos, you'll see it. This is the blue eyed fellow.

Not sure that either of them is related to Delphi at all, just we were all looking for stuff this morning I guess before the Tennessee info was changed. MOO

The above, I couldn't get to reply with quote. But I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the "Captured" pic guy, his eyes are hazel as listed on the Hancock In inmate website. Not blue.

BBM

Of all the hundreds of mugshots, etc, I've looked at, that guy has the right nose IMO. I hope LE is looking at him long and hard.

With all due respect to Megyn Kelly, she was not the first to report the breaking news. Our local TV station apps were sending alerts to our phones in Indiana before her show was aired. It is my understanding that her show is live (?)
I received my alert from WTHR phone app at least an hour before the show airs.
My reason for sharing this, I just don't want people grilling Megyn because in Indiana people were already aware of the TN possibility.

Aaaaaahhhh, a nice new thread.
With all the great publicity going on out there (whether due to, or in spite of, the mixup) I am very hopeful the tv exposure and subsequent news articles (and posters going out to various LE SM pages) will all serve to re-invigorate John Q. Public's interest in this case. May today be the day!

Just an update on DN as requested by Tricia on page 1 - his next court appearance is next week on the 24th in Clear Creek Colorado. He also has a date in March for child custody. See Tim Watkins thread for more details.

What I thought was different about the NBC morning show compared to their prior media appearance was family members spoke about the possibility the girls fought back. If indeed there was direct physical contact between both/either of them and the suspect, the odds weigh in the favour LE do have his DNA, he's not presently incarcerated and his DNA is not in the national database. In addition, the comment by Spr Carter that he believes this person has killed before and may kill again supports the high level of investigative energy, almost one year on, that LE continues to devote to this case.

With all due respect to Megyn Kelly, she was not the first to report the breaking news. Our local TV station apps were sending alerts to our phones in Indiana before her show was aired. It is my understanding that her show is live (?)
I received my alert from WTHR phone app at least an hour before the show airs.
My reason for sharing this, I just don't want people grilling Megyn because in Indiana people were already aware of the TN possibility.

Megyn's show was not about the "breaking news." It was about informing the public of the case. It was a coincidence that the "breaking news" happened on the same day as her show. She never announced the sit-down as containing "breaking news." It was well into the interview when she brought up the subject. It is a live show so the "breaking news" was most likely conveyed to her during the live taping.

(See above posted link)

Just an update on DN as requested by Tricia on page 1 - his next court appearance is next week on the 24th in Clear Creek Colorado. He also has a date in March for child custody. See Tim Watkins thread for more details.

Thanks, Shire!

What I thought was different about the NBC morning show compared to their prior media appearance was family members spoke about the possibility the girls fought back. If indeed there was direct physical contact between both/either of them and the suspect, the odds weigh in the favour LE do have his DNA, he's not presently incarcerated and his DNA is not in the national database. In addition, the comment by Spr Carter that he believes this person has killed before and may kill again supports the high level of investigative energy, almost one year on, that LE continues to devote to this case.

Is there a database of DNA from unsolved crimes that can be accessed by LE? I wonder if they have a match of DNA from an unknown perp in another murder. Carter seemed pretty sure that this person killed before.

Is there a database of DNA from unsolved crimes that can be accessed by LE? I wonder if they have a match of DNA from an unknown perp in another murder. Carter seemed pretty sure that this person killed before.

Yes. CODIS would return a hit if that was the case.

Or maybe BG has prior victim(s) not currently known to be murder victims, as in one of the countless missing persons out there?

Being held on $500 bond...

[FONT=&amp]Daniel James Nations, 32, is being held on a $500 bond awaiting a Jan. 24 court appearance in Clear Creek County Court for missing a court appearance, a representative of the Clear Creek Sheriff's Office confirmed on Monday.[/FONT]

http://coloradosprings.com/drifter-...ncing-for-mount-herman-threat/article/1619065

IMHO, no murder charges will be filled against DN.

I don't know the answer to that either but I agree with you, I also got the impression Cpr Carter had a reason to say what he did. Either LE has successfully linked this crime with some other prior case or possibly the theory arose from the low statistical likelihood that a first time predator would target two victims in a high risk location such as near a public trail.

My present theory continually jumps here and there, whether only one person was involved or were there more, especially if what occurred was a planned assault or abduction of one or both girls. As mentioned on the Morning Show once again, about one of the girls having an opportunity to flee (but chose to stay together in strong loyalty to each other), a sole perp couldn't know that in advance. But the risk could be mitigated if two or more people were involved.

ETA: Another thing, Abby's mom said Abby might've been injured first....given how closely they've worked with investigators, IMO she had good reason to say what she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong