CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
This is awful. I wonder what else we're going to find out.

http://abc7.com/13-kept-shackled-in-foul-perris-home-by-parents-officials-say/2948420/

PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

Thread #1

Here's the deal.

No sleuthing of other family members. Doesn't matter who was related to which side of the family that invented that thing from England and passed along the patient to the brother on one side of the family do you get my point? Unless the relative has a direct connection to the criminal part of this case please do not sleuth anyone related to these people.

If you make a statement about injuries or a statement of anything and make it sound like a statement of fact without backing up what you say with a link you will be issued a timeout.

No politics.

I think that's it.

Carry on.

Tricia

Sister (who wrote chapters in book compilations) was banned from seeing the kids or speaking to them. Says she's had no cintact for 19 years:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53579...-kids-reveal-their-strange-secret-upbringing/

From your link: " My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time."

Several flights? Why would her parents go to see them after the first time going there and not being told where to go, let alone several times? Wouldn't you think after the first time they would have found out where to go before booking another flight? What she's saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

From your link: " My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time."

Several flights? Why would her parents go to see them after the first time going there and not being told where to go, let alone several times? Wouldn't you think after the first time they would have found out where to go before booking another flight? What she's saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

On her GMA appearance this morning she changed this info a bit. She said her father said he 'once' called Louise
to see about visiting them (had not booked a flight yet) and Louise said No, did not want him to visit. Nothing said about the mother.

I think the Soc Services person in the presser was speaking in generalities not specifically about this family.
It is going to be a long, long time before any future plans could be considered for these children IMO.

JMO
Just saw the morning show interview and thinking about how social services is going to be able to handle things and sadly I think the children will end up having to be separated and placed with different families.

It takes a special type of adult responsible couple that could even handle that many children. So the reality of the situation is probably that the kids will need to be separated from each other and divided up amongst some good responsible volunteer parents.

The situation speaks again to the selfishness of the adult parents who kept having babies on purpose like its a contest or something to see if they could break a record and they probably never thought about what they would do if one of the adults ever got too ill to take care of the kids. Which is likely to happen eventually as they got older.

And to think they were still having babies. Its horribly irresponsible and selfish IMO.

I think the Soc Services person in the presser was speaking in generalities not specifically about this family.
It is going to be a long, long time before any future plans could be considered for these children IMO.

I think there’s almost no chance the 13 will be placed together (they apparently didn’t even have a hospital for all 13). I guess the bright side is that provides more opportunity for each child to get the attention they deserve. But a huge loss too. [emoji22]

Bringing my post over from the last thread.

I think there’s almost no chance the 13 will be placed together (they apparently didn’t even have a hospital for all 13). I guess the bright side is that provides more opportunity for each child to get the attention they deserve. But a huge loss too. [emoji22]

I hope the offspring (I'm using that word to cover the children and adult children - I want to treat the adults like adults) are placed in homes other than extended family members. I'll just leave it at that. Just my opinion. My hopes are that kind, patient, loving people are placed in their paths, people who are generous enough to keep out of the media and realize this is a time for the siblings to heal and grow....not be used, exploited, displayed.

jmo

While the children may be physically separated for a time so whatever psychological issues can be addressed, I think (I hope) soc. services has the common sense to recognize that these children (both adult and minor) have been through a horrific ordeal and separating them from the only friends and confidants they have will only serve to exacerbate whatever trauma they already have. Hopefully the children/adults can be introduced to their grandparents or other family members when the time is right and they can go on to live with their family.

I hope the offspring (I'm using that word to cover the children and adult children - I want to treat the adults like adults) are placed in homes other than extended family members. I'll just leave it at that. Just my opinion. My hopes are that kind, patient, loving people are placed in their paths, people who are generous enough to keep out of the media and realize this is a time for the siblings to heal and grow....not be used, exploited, displayed.

jmo

Why wouldn't you want them placed with extended family members? Unless I've missed something the family as a whole sound like very loving, stable people, it's only the parents of these kids who are screwy.

Missed this article yesterday.
Horror for 13 California Siblings Hidden by Veneer of a Private Home Schoolhttps://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/california-captive-family.html

“They’re very friendly, they’re very cooperative, and I believe that they’re hopeful that life will get better for them,” Mr. Uffer said. Asked about the conditions in which the siblings were found, he responded, “I’ve never seen this.”

Wow. These incredible humans are hopeful. After the horror they’ve been through. ❤️

jmo

And I would add experienced/trained.

While the children may be physically separated for a time so whatever psychological issues can be addressed, I think (I hope) soc. services has the common sense to recognize that these children (both adult and minor) have been through a horrific ordeal and separating them from the only friends and confidants they have will only serve to exacerbate whatever trauma they already have. Hopefully the children/adults can be introduced to their grandparents or other family members when the time is right and they can go on to live with their family.

I agree, that every effort should be made to keep the children together. Has there been a fund set up, does anyone know? Could that perhaps help in some way to ensure that they are cared for in the same home?

jmo

I completely agree with you. Sadly, IMO, the older offspring will probably never fully recover, physically or emotionally
or cognitively. I believe the older ones are in terrible shape and as the M.D. said, this has been a prolonged period
of neglect and starvation.
I hope social services can find outsiders, not family, who can take these children in and give them some semblance of a normal life. But the system is fraught with people only taking fosters in for the money and not necessarily for the good of the children.

I completely agree with you. Sadly, IMO, the older offspring will probably never fully recover, physically or emotionally
or cognitively. I believe the older ones are in terrible shape and as the M.D. said, this has been a prolonged period
of neglect and starvation.
I hope social services can find outsiders, not family, who can take these children in and give them some semblance of a normal life. But the system is fraught with people only taking fosters in for the money and not necessarily for the good of the children.

I have hope even for the adults. I think job training is absolutely possible...and what a thrill it will be for them to have a job. I hope this case disappears from public sight and then years from now there is a follow-up that shows real progress and stability. My hopes, jmo.

A few years back, a friend of our family, (TP) was a foster mother (still is) and she fostered this family of siblings... a big biiiiiiig family like this one and they had come from a bad home, they were of all ages and they were all being put up for adoption. Separately. All they had ever known was each other but they were about to be separated. So, our friend, who also has two biological children, 1 other adopted child, 5 grandchildren + 1 on the way, and foster kids here and there, decided to adopted them. All of them. They have been with her ever since, always will and she's just happy to know they are together. Which is all that those kids wanted.

Here's hoping there is a TP out there for these siblings.

Too hard to keep up with this thread completely. Just want to say that under the circumstances and for whatever psychological issues the parents may have (Hoarding, psychosis, whatever), the "Thing" t-shirts says it all. These children were not people to them. In these circumstances the t shirts are disgusting whereas they may seem cute in a normal family. Those t shirts really bother me.

Aunt on the father: "He did things that made me feel uncomfortable," she said. "If I were to get in the shower, he would come in there while I was in there and watch me, and it was like a joke. He never touched me or anything."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/aunt-13-siblings-allegedly-held-captive-years-touch/story?id=52401005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear