UNSOLVED AZ - Newborn Baby Left on Changing Table at Tucson Airport, Jan 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Newborn baby abandoned on changing table at airport[/h]
TUCSON, Ariz. -- A newborn baby boy was left at a changing table at an Arizona airport, and authorities are now looking through security footage to try and find who left the child, according to WPIX.

A Tucson International Airport employee found the infant on Sunday evening in a women’s restroom outside of the security checkpoint.

The child was found clean and wrapped. The airport’s fire and police departments aided the infant and said he appeared to be healthy. He is now at a local hospital.
http://myfox8.com/2018/01/17/newborn-baby-abandoned-on-changing-table-at-arizona-airport/

Very strange. I hope the mother has not been harmed in the airport bathroom or something.

More likely, she abandoned the baby and got on a plane though... I bet this will be solved quickly.

While cases like this are distressing, I maintain that leaving an infant somewhere very public like that is far up the list of other possible locations and outcomes.

While cases like this are distressing, I maintain that leaving an infant somewhere very public like that is far up the list of other possible locations and outcomes.

I completely agree. While it's a sad story, I'm thrilled the baby was found alive rather than...you know... dead in a trash can somewhere. I hate even typing that.

After reading the note, my heart breaks for the mother and I wish they hadn't released all these photos of her. She didn't harm the baby. I know that an airport restroom isn't a "safe haven", but she did leave him in a public place where he was sure to be found. She could've done much worse.

Wow.

15991064_G.jpg

15990377_G.jpg

After reading the note, my heart breaks for the mother and I wish they hadn't released all these photos of her. She didn't harm the baby. I know that an airport restroom isn't a "safe haven", but she did leave him in a public place where he was sure to be found. She could've done much worse.

I agree. I hope they never find her. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of prospective adoptive parents who would be more than happy to adopt that newborn and raise him. Nothing would be solved by prosecuting that girl/ woman.

I personally think that the laws allowing voluntary relinquishment/ voluntary abandonment should be substantially broadened and liberalized, as long as the child hasn't been injured intentionally. And as long the birth mother can never lay claim to the child again in the future, or have any contact with the child.

I'd like to see lots and lots of baby hatches in America. If we had them, and they were publicized, they would possibly be used as they are in other countries by desperate birth mothers. But I've also heard a lot of LE opine that if we had baby hatches here, it would be an invitation for criminals to put bombs in them, or there would be protests and vandalism, or take hidden video of people using them so they could "out" them on social media. *Sigh.*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_hatch

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...e-haven-baby-boxes-abandoned-newborns-n568811

https://www.rt.com/usa/341881-baby-box-indiana-koc/

I feel like this girl did what she thought was best for her baby. Giving birth in the rest room alone must have been so scary. It seems she was hiding her pregnancy for a reason, now it’s out for the whole world to see!!! Hope she can get through this ok. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think I've ever said this on WS: I forgive this mother.

I dont think I've ever said this on WS: I forgive this mother.
I wish they had not shared her photos. I admire her for doing what she felt was best in a very difficult situation

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

It's painful to see her photo. She was trying so hard to do what she felt was the right thing. Her baby has a chance to be in a happy home. Why would LE do that? Why? What is it accomplishing?

It's painful to see her photo. She was trying so hard to do what she felt was the right thing. Her baby has a chance to be in a happy home. Why would LE do that? Why? What is it accomplishing?
BBM

I wonder if LE is concerned that something may have happened to the mother and that she didn’t actually write the note. I hope they are just checking on her welfare in case she is a victim. I really don’t think she will be prosecuted. But I do feel for her having her photos all over the news. We will probably never hear what happened.

It looks like she’s carrying a Boppy pillow for propping a baby. I wonder if it was found with the little one on the changing table.

https://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Nursing-Pillow-Positioner-Naked/dp/B000KW5I6E

Pretty bizarre for someone to leave baby at the airport considering airport has so many cameras. Not a good place for someone to do it if that someone wants to remain anonymous.

I, too, wish they had not published her photos - I have been through the Tucson Airport, it's quite nice.

Quite honestly, I suspect that by the time the authorities found the baby, she already left the country

MOO

She looks so young and scared. I would not want her prosecuted for anything but I worry this baby was the result of an abusive relationship. I would hope she could be found to check on her safety and make sure there were no complications after she gave birth alone in an airport bathroom. JMO.

BBM

I wonder if LE is concerned that something may have happened to the mother and that she didn’t actually write the note. I hope they are just checking on her welfare in case she is a victim. I really don’t think she will be prosecuted. But I do feel for her having her photos all over the news. We will probably never hear what happened.

It looks like she’s carrying a Boppy pillow for propping a baby. I wonder if it was found with the little one on the changing table.

https://www.amazon.com/Boppy-Nursing-Pillow-Positioner-Naked/dp/B000KW5I6E

I think it's a neck/travel pillow. I've never given birth, but I can't imagine giving birth alone, without medical attention, and then getting on a plane (if she did in face get on a plane, idk). I can't imagine how she must have felt, both physically and mentally. The note was heartbreaking.

Awww, I feel for this mama and baby. She probably has no clue what the safe haven law is and left the baby in a safe place.....a ladie's restroom would only be populated with women, other mothers, etc.

So cruel to post her photos. IMO, whoever did that needs to be fired

So cruel to post her photos. IMO, whoever did that needs to be fired

It could have been a decision made by LE. Maybe they are concerned about her well being, since she gave birth in an airport bathroom with no medical care. Or they may want to confirm she hasn’t been a victim of abuse. Whoever posted her photos was likely directed/given approval by a superior to do so.

But I do agree that her photos shouldn’t have been published. We don’t know the full story. I can’t fathom who would choose to give birth in an airport, so it may not have been planned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back