503 users online (75 members and 428 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    I haven't seen anything reported about Sarah being in court - unless I missed it. Anyone else?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney

Opinions are my own and are not to be copied, repeated or used outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by sleepinoz View Post
    I haven't seen anything reported about Sarah being in court - unless I missed it. Anyone else?
    Haven't seen it reported that any of the family were there sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by sosocurious View Post
    Haven't seen it reported that any of the family were there sleep.
    In Yesterday's reports, either on Channel 9. or other media, it was stated 'no family or friends were present in Court for BR'.
    Sorry, unable to find where this was stated: if someone else remembers!!!!

The R's home has been up for rent since October with no takers.
    Lowered from 900 to 700 per week.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...legal-defence/

Vacant since October ...ouch!!

Who is mowing the lawn?
    The news report got it wrong, perhaps brought it to a round figure for dramatic effect, not sure, but as far as I can tell it started out as $900, then went to $800 and very recently dropped to $775. I mean, you could get a Gone with the Wind mansion for less ...... with a decent price like 600, 650, would have been leased soon enough and provided many thousands of dollars for the legal people to gobble up .... just my opinion

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    At this point nothing would surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Itsapuzzle View Post
    The news report got it wrong, perhaps brought it to a round figure for dramatic effect, not sure, but as far as I can tell it started out as $900, then went to $800 and very recently dropped to $775. I mean, you could get a Gone with the Wind mansion for less ...... with a decent price like 600, 650, would have been leased soon enough and provided many thousands of dollars for the legal people to gobble up .... just my opinion

Maybe 700 hundred is next months plan... and they are just getting in early ..lol

BORCE Ristevski’s last court appearance revealed a tired man fresh from a prison beating. Yesterday, the 53-year-old charged with his wife’s murder looked like a different man.

BORCE Ristevski may very well be struggling inside the Metropolitan Remand Centre but he certainly doesn’t look like it.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...f8c60e9d081549
    I was intrigued by this aspect of Borce's appearance, also... he looked like a man who has been at a gold class spa... or.. conversely, a man who has gone cold turkey and come thru the other side having dropped all the addiction baggage..

No reason to suppose that drugs of choice were not a part of life out there in Avondale. ...
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by tmar View Post
    In Yesterday's reports, either on Channel 9. or other media, it was stated 'no family or friends were present in Court for BR'.
    Sorry, unable to find where this was stated: if someone else remembers!!!!
    I wonder if the family members that we know of cannot attend court at the moment. Perhaps they are going to be called as witnesses, and therefore cannot be privy to any court proceedings before they get called to the stand.

You are not allowed to sit in the courtroom and listen to the other witnesses before you give your evidence.
    http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/getdoc/551...a-witness.aspx
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

H'mmm, 22,000 pages in the hand-up-brief showing BRs guilt, and yet he maintains his innocence .... completely interesting .... this case may have more twists and turns than a Rubiks cube in a mad psychotic frenzy .... wish i could have the hand-up-brief slotted into my inbox ... end of spontaneous thought on this Friday evening ....... I bid you goodnight, fellow sleuthers

Last edited by Itsapuzzle; Yesterday at 05:05 AM.
    At this point nothing would surprise me

Makes me wonder how long this trial will run, with a brief of evidence that huge. I think the prosecutor will need to be very careful to speak in clear layman's language when trying to get across to a jury the intricasies of the financial history and situation ... which, presumably, is the motive. The juggling of directorships and ownerships, the debt, and who had the money and assets.

I would imagine the actual proof of murder will be easier to show - with the CCTV, other recordings and tracking, and the forensics that they have.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    Makes me wonder how long this trial will run, with a brief of evidence that huge. I think the prosecutor will need to be very careful to speak in clear layman's language when trying to get across to a jury the intricasies of the financial history and situation ... which, presumably, is the motive. The juggling of directorships and ownerships, the debt, and who had the money and assets.

I would imagine the actual proof of murder will be easier to show - with the CCTV, other recordings and tracking, and the forensics that they have.
    Mr Ristevski is set to face a committal hearing in July which has been scheduled to run for four weeks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-1...-death/9670306

Mr Ristevski is set to face a committal hearing in July which has been scheduled to run for four weeks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-1...-death/9670306
    I just realised this morning that your quote says it is the committal hearing that will run for 4 weeks. Wow! Seriously?!

Four weeks to decide if there is enough evidence to commit Borce to trial?

Do they have to touch on everything in that massive brief of evidence during the committal?

All the relevant evidence is presented to the magistrate by the prosecution. Some witnesses may be required to appear in person to give evidence and be cross-examined by the defence barrister. Not all witnesses who make a statement are required to give evidence at the committal hearing. Their statement will be included in the brief of evidence which is provided to the magistrate.
    http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/Witnesses-...re-trial-stage
    - Surangama Sutra

Looks like the May 16th hearing is another mention .. to make sure they are on track for the very long committal hearing in July.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned before, and should have been obvious. I only just twigged to what the court dates are all about.)

He will return to court on May 16 for a second committal mention.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...26f3a97c4d940b
    - Surangama Sutra

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12