GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

Betty P

Reaction score
A very mysterious tragic murder.

Few answers in Calera mother's mysterious murder

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/few_answers_in_calera_mothers.html

A stay at home mother was found partially nude in the street in front of her beautiful suburban home that she shared with her husband and daughter. She had been bludgeoned in the head. Nearby on the street was a cell phone with a green bottle balanced on top.

Kathleen West touted herself on social media as a stay-at-home mom but also had a subscription-only website, where she went by the name Kitty Kat West. Her Twitter and Instagram accounts, also under the name of Kitty Kat West, featured revealing photos of West, and directed viewers to her paid adult website, which cost $15.99 per subscription.

A very mysterious tragic murder.

Few answers in Calera mother's mysterious murder

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/few_answers_in_calera_mothers.html

A stay at home mother was found partially nude in the street in front of her beautiful suburban home that she shared with her husband and daughter. She had been bludgeoned in the head. Nearby on the street was a cell phone with a green bottle balanced on top.
Hmmm..... wonder if she was meeting some of the men from her website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wonder what part was partially nude. I would assume not the husband. He had to be aware and financially benefit from her website. Someone was helping take the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The initial article linked says the husband was there "and then neighbors called 911".

From the same article, the husband is an "unsworn campus police officer". What exactly is an unsworn campus police officer, if anyone knows?

Did the police conduct an investigation of her house to see if there were any signs of a struggle? Why does it sound like from every article that the only avenue being looked at is a stranger?

Initial article posted also said police investigators were at her house all day after her body was found early in the morning.

One would think the only reason she would have been outside laying in the street with only a bra on was that she was trying to get away from someone. Other than to say they are investigating it as a homicide, where did it say they are only looking for a stranger?

The initial article linked says the husband was there "and then neighbors called 911".

From the same article, the husband is an "unsworn campus police officer". What exactly is an unsworn campus police officer, if anyone knows?
Not sure but in college we had campus police who weren't "real cops". Or at least people thought they weren't real cops. They could take people into custody and cite people for things but I don't think they had guns. Maybe a taser.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

She had over 51,000 followers on her instagram. Some people that run sites that have a lot of fans have Amazon wish lists so people can send presents. I wonder if someone found out her address this way? My heart goes out to her little girl.

Mall Cop type of thing. Security guard. No arrest powers (those are only for 'sworn officers')

This article states her followers could buy lingerie and send it to her as a present. I am guessing she used a PO Box -not her home address- but even so it would have been relatively easy for any disturbed/sexually obsessed man to keep an eye on the times she went to the post office to collect her mail and follow her by car to find out where she lived.

I really hope her husband & child are already packing up and moving to another house, even better to a different state. Who knows how many people know her address by now?
This is an extremely dangerous thing to do.

http://time.com/5109951/calera-woman-found-dead-instagram/

Regarding the evidence, from what I've read, found naked across the street with only sports bra, blood on driveway, cell phone and a green liquor bottle placed on top of the phone (if I remember that correctly from one article of a neighbours daughter found her leaving for work early that morning). Wonder if intruder was in the house? Any reports of the whereabouts of the husband and daughter at the time?

Her mom is talking to media:

"It seems so impossible for the extreme sadness and grief we feel as the loss of our beautiful daughter Kat to ever diminish or decease however, the Lord is our hope and our salvation, and he can turn our mourning into comfort. God wants to encourage us and relieve our suffering if we will just go to him at all times. And his word is powerful enough to bring healing and solace even during our darkest hours.

My family asks for your prayers and support in our time of loss. My beautiful daughter Kat was not just my daughter but a cherished wife to Jeff, as well as a loving mother to their daughter. So much negativity is out there, but with God all I see and hear is the goodness of my Kat. My family and I ask for help in the services to lay our daughter to rest with the good Lord, to where she will be guiding her daughter and husband through this. If you're not able to make a donation we ask for prayers."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/kat_west_was_cherished_wife_lo.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back