CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
This is awful. I wonder what else we're going to find out.

http://abc7.com/13-kept-shackled-in-foul-perris-home-by-parents-officials-say/2948420/

PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Here's the deal.

No sleuthing of other family members. Doesn't matter who was related to which side of the family that invented that thing from England and passed along the patient to the brother on one side of the family do you get my point? Unless the relative has a direct connection to the criminal part of this case please do not sleuth anyone related to these people.

If you make a statement about injuries or a statement of anything and make it sound like a statement of fact without backing up what you say with a link you will be issued a timeout.

No politics.

I think that's it.

Carry on.

Tricia

Sister (who wrote chapters in book compilations) was banned from seeing the kids or speaking to them. Says she's had no cintact for 19 years:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53579...-kids-reveal-their-strange-secret-upbringing/

From your link: " My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time."

Several flights? Why would her parents go to see them after the first time going there and not being told where to go, let alone several times? Wouldn't you think after the first time they would have found out where to go before booking another flight? What she's saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

From the Los Angeles Times. My apologies if this article has already been posted.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-couple-children-endangered-20180118-story.html

Formal charges were announced Thursday in the case of the parents accused of torture and child endangerment after authorities said their 13 children were discovered chained and malnourished inside their Perris home.

David Turpin, 56, and Louise Turpin, 49, were charged with multiple felony counts of torture, child abuse, abuse of dependent adults and false imprisonment, Riverside County Dist. Atty. Michael Hestrin announced. David Turpin was also charged with one count of a lewd act on a child by force. If convicted, the couple faces up to 94 years to life in prison. They were arrested this week on suspicion of torture and child endangerment

Like a poster said before me this is becoming one of the biggest cases of child abuse in a home with 2 parents. It is mind-numbing what is coming out about these poor kids and the adults who were tortured too.

I don't even know how to comment on something like this.

Maybe one of the girls is pregnant.
Lewd acts on a child Under 14?
If any of them are pregnant, they had no contact with anyone outside the family so...
Possible, but due to malnutrition unlikely, however babies are born to starving women in other cultures every day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

I want to give you a heads up.

No matter how new a member to Websleuths, no matter if this is the first time on the Internet and you don't know what you are doing, if
anyone sleuths family members who are only connected because they are related and posts that info on Websleuths, that person will get a timeout.

Please stop and think. What if this is your brother who you haven't spoken with and now your name is being splashed all over the Internet.

We have plenty to talk about with what is going on in this case. Plenty to dissect.

Please do not sleuth other family members and post your findings.

Thank you,
Tricia

David and Louise Turpin would tie up or chain their offspring as punishment, both the minor children and the adults, Hestrin alleged.
"Punishment would last weeks or even months at a time," Hestrin said. Evidence, he added, suggests the victims often were not released from their chains to go to the bathroom.
It "started out as neglect" and became severe, pervasive child abuse, Hestrin said.
The torture included beatings and chokings, the DA said.

Besides suffering severe caloric malnutrition associated with muscle wasting, several have cognitive impairment and "neuropathy, which is nerve damage, as a result of this extreme and prolonged physical abuse," Hestrin said.

Toys in the house were still in boxes!
Food was purchased and left on the counter (including desserts) and children were forbidden from touching it. They could only see it. :( This just gets worse and worse.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/us/turpin-family-investigation/index.html

Today's presser.

[video=youtube;409yDlIDzFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409yDlIDzFY[/video]

http://ktla.com/2018/01/18/turpin-c...ess-to-food-bathrooms-and-regular-showers-da/

"...When deputies knocked the the Turpins’ door on Sunday morning, the Turpins unchained two of the three children, but one – a 22-year-old – remained chained, according to the DA. An 11-year-old and 14-year-old were unchained as deputies stood at the door, Hestrin said. ..."

Guessing - #4 (boy) is 22, #12 (girl) is 11 and #10 (girl) is 14

Bumpity Bump

From 20/20:

The sister says LT and DT stopped following Pentecostal beliefs and looked into other religions like Mormon and witch doctors. They told the sister people in a church cannot be trusted.

Talking to a neighbor in Texas who said through a window she saw a toddler who seemed to left alone in a playpen all of the time.

do not ever post pictures of minor children unless they have been identified by the police.

Following from UK, any updates on 20/20 from across the pond most gratefully received.

Why did they rene me their vows multiple times???
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The two renewed their vows 3 times, 2 times with all of the children.

(Where were the children the time they were not present?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123