Resolved VA - Springfield, foot found in backyard, Jan'18 - Non-human (Bear paw)

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
SPRINGFIELD, Va. - Police are investigating the discovery of a human foot in Springfield, Virginia.

A resident called officers to the 5900 block of Brunswick Street in Springfield on Saturday for possible human remains found in their backyard.

Investigators are unclear of the race or gender associated with the remains at this time. Officers and detectives canvassed the neighborhood to determine if there was any recent suspicious activity in the area.
http://www.localdvm.com/news/virginia/human-foot-remains-found-in-backyard/928608261

Could it be Katelin Akens? I guess partially decomposed foot would probably rule it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't they determine if the foot looks more like a woman or a man??

Must not be that easy, they are not even sure if it is from a human or a bear:

'Partially decomposed' remains found in Springfield likely to be bear paw, not human foot

SPRINGFIELD, Va. (ABC7) — Last weekend, a Springfield resident found what was initially believed to be a "partially decomposed" human foot in their backyard. Now, after further review, the remains may actually belong to a bear.
Authorities sent photographs of the remains to the Office of Chief Medical Examiner, which preliminarily determined its appearance was similar to that of a foot belonging to a human.

The body part was then sent to the Chief Medical Examiner's office, and after further review and a consultation with an anthropologist, the remains are likely to be a bear paw, instead of a human foot.
A forensic test is being conducted on the remains at this time, which will take several weeks.
http://wjla.com/news/local/partiall...ingfield-likely-to-be-bear-paw-not-human-foot

:dunno:

I don't mean any disrespect to the actual unidentified/missing, but I am extremely amused at the idea of this being moved to the Identified section as "Bear Paw".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back