Resolved IL - Chicago, Male, Race unknown, Found in RV with Drivers License, 30 Oct 2017 - Name withheld

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
NamUs case number 17261:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17261

Pictures include a Missouri drivers license with a St Louis address; the name Daniel Ismael Aguilar; DOB 1/23/83. He was found in an RV behind a building in Chicago.

I have located someone on social media and websites with this name and with ties to Chicago and St Louis. I don't find any social media footprint from this person beyond Feb 2017. The drivers license picture is similar to the pictures on SM but I just can't tell for sure. However the SM indicates a wife and lots of friends so it seems odd that he would go unreported/unclaimed.

Suggestions for how to rule this person in/out?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I guess I'm missing something here... have they been unable to positively identify the decedent as this person?

I guess I'm missing something here... have they been unable to positively identify the decedent as this person?
Apparently.. He is listed as unidentified on the NamUs webpage.

NamUs case number 17261:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17261

Pictures include a Missouri drivers license with a St Louis address; the name Daniel Ismael Aguilar; DOB 1/23/83. He was found in an RV behind a building in Chicago.

I have located someone on social media and websites with this name and with ties to Chicago and St Louis. I don't find any social media footprint from this person beyond Feb 2017. The drivers license picture is similar to the pictures on SM but I just can't tell for sure. However the SM indicates a wife and lots of friends so it seems odd that he would go unreported/unclaimed.

Suggestions for how to rule this person in/out?

I'd say that the ID of Daniel Aguilar is not that of the UID, since the UID was 5' 1" tall and 92 lbs. According to the ID from Missouri, Daniel Aguilar is 5' 9" and 165 lbs.

Also, Daniel Aguilar may not be what he seems on social media, if you know what I mean. Why get a Missouri ID if you're living in NYC? Was that RV in Missouri for the riots in Ferguson? Did this body come from there? Again, something very fishy with the Aguilar guy.

I'd say that the ID of Daniel Aguilar is not that of the UID, since the UID was 5' 1" tall and 92 lbs. According to the ID from Missouri, Daniel Aguilar is 5' 9" and 165 lbs.

Also, Daniel Aguilar may not be what he seems on social media, if you know what I mean. Why get a Missouri ID if you're living in NYC? Was that RV in Missouri for the riots in Ferguson? Did this body come from there? Again, something very fishy with the Aguilar guy.
I assumed the weight in particular differed due to decomp. Height is a fair point, I would not expect decomp to affect that.

Per the SM history of the D.I.A. I found, he is from Chicago (went to high school there), moved to STL (got married there and seemingly got into some political activism), moved to NYC within the last couple years. I didn't think it was a stretch that he might still have his Missouri ID.

Anyone have access to look up the name and birth date from the drivers license and see if we can rule it a false ID?

I assumed the weight in particular differed due to decomp. Height is a fair point, I would not expect decomp to affect that.

Per the SM history of the D.I.A. I found, he is from Chicago (went to high school there), moved to STL (got married there and seemingly got into some political activism), moved to NYC within the last couple years. I didn't think it was a stretch that he might still have his Missouri ID.

Anyone have access to look up the name and birth date from the drivers license and see if we can rule it a false ID?

In my opinion, the DIA on FB is the same person in the ID photo but I guess it could be the ID didn't belong to the UID.

It looks like the UID's shoe size is "10" which makes me think the person is taller than 5'1". I realize he could have had on shoes which are much too large, but I thought I would point it out.

Maybe can help out here a bit...

915 N. Homan is in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. Humboldt Park is becoming gentrified, much like Logan Square which is a little bit North and West of there.

You have a lot of young professionals moving into the area and many from out of state.

Not sure it helps much, but it may...

In my opinion, the DIA on FB is the same person in the ID photo but I guess it could be the ID didn't belong to the UID.
Any of you that have more experience on the UID side than myself, is this enough information to submit to the case manager? Or do I need to identify a living potential family member and contact info for them?

Any of you that have more experience on the UID side than myself, is this enough information to submit to the case manager? Or do I need to identify a living potential family member and contact info for them?

I appreciate your desire to respond with finding the owner of the license on social networks. Unfortunately, the ID found with the body does not match, otherwise CPD would have made the match. I believe this is a helpful link to a checklist and submission post...https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?74855-Tips-before-submitting
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?74855-Tips-before-submitting

There's a strong possibility that the body indeed belonged to Daniel Ismael Aguilar. They might just be waiting for DNA confermation.

Also, does anyone see the white thing which appears to be hanging in one of the pictures of the RV? I hope its not a pillow...YUK...anyway it appears to have a picture on it...from what I can make out possibly an odd cartoon character? Also, the other picture show something thru the window as well and again looks like some sort of odd cartoon character when I lighten the picture with Microsoft Picture Manager.

There's a strong possibility that the body indeed belonged to Daniel Ismael Aguilar. They might just be waiting for DNA confermation.
I agree. We can't assume that it's the same guy just because he had that ID on him, but I think there's a very strong chance that this is Daniel. :(

I found his wife's profile on FB. She hasn't posted since the end of March 2017. I hope she's not also a missing person. It honestly just looks like both of them fell off the face of the earth.

I wonder if he is Antru Devito-Enriquez. He went missing in 2014 from the Humboldt Park neighborhood. He was 14 went he went missing and 5"4" tall and weighed 135 lbs when he went missing. It is not a stretch of the imagination that he could have lost weight if he was a runaway. The height seems to be in the range. He is Hispanic, brown hair and hazel eyes. Humboldt Park as I mentioned upthread has been mostly Hispanic for a good 20 years or more, although in the last few years it is becoming more gentrified with young Urban professionals moving in.

He was last seen wearing a dark colored shirt, blue jeans and grey Jordan gym shoes. He may also be carrying a black backpack.

If he was a runaway, he could have very well have picked up an I.D. somewhere on the streets of Chicago.

http://oururbantimes.com/police-news/missing-juvenile-antru-devito-enriquez

By the looks of the UID's clothing, I think he was quite decomposed and will have to be identified through DNA.

By the looks of the UID's clothing, I think he was quite decomposed and will have to be identified through DNA.

It is odd about the height difference on the ID, but I know in Michigan they don't measure your height. They basically just ask you how tall you are. When I got my first drivers license I didn't have an exact answer so I just took a round about guess. They've never since ask me again, and that was many years ago.

It is somewhat of a difference though isn't it?

It is odd about the height difference on the ID, but I know in Michigan they don't measure your height. They basically just ask you how tall you are. When I got my first drivers license I didn't have an exact answer so I just took a round about guess. They've never since ask me again, and that was many years ago.

It is somewhat of a difference though isn't it?

If you look at Mr. Aguilar's social media you will see that he is the height stated on his DL. A difference of 8" between him and the UID.

I'm questioning whether this may be Mr. Aguilar's son, who oddly fits the physical parameters ...
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41487/7/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back