Nickname/Alias: Lynn
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Andrew may have a full beard

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h]Andrew and his wife, Sharon Redmon , were last seen in their hometown of Unionville, Virginia on February 22, 1993. Their son was staying with Andrew's parents on the day the couple disappeared. Andrew's mother told authorities that he arrived at their home with some of their child's belongings and mentioned that he and Sharon were considering traveling to Florida in the near future. Investigators also determined that Andrew asked an acquaintance for money on the day he and Sharon disappeared.
The couple's vehicle, a blue 1986 Oldsmobile Calais with Virginia license plates HIQ-285, has never been recovered. Andrew was employed as a truck driver with Panel Construction in Fredericksburg, Virginia at the time of his disappearance.
Andrew's family contacted authorities after they were unable to locate the couple by early March 1993, approximately one week after they were last seen. Law enforcement officers searched the Redmons' residence and discovered shell casings from a small caliber handgun, as well as a broken table and other evidence of a struggle. DNA testing proved that blood stains located on the carpet were from Andrew. Investigators believe that someone else was inside the house on the day Andrew and Sharon vanished, but additional details have not been released.
There has not been any activity on either of the Redmons' bank accounts since the day they vanished in 1993. Investigators found inconsistencies in statements from witnesses questioned at the time of the couple's disappearance and also stated that there is a possible suspect in the case. The person has not been identified publicly and no arrests have been made in connection with the Redmons' cases. Their disappearances remain unsolved.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]Agency Name: Orange County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 540-672-1200
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 93-06-0063

NCIC Case Number: M-626879306
NamUs Case Number: 1195

[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h]NamUs
Richmond Group International
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/588dmva.html

[h=1]823DFVA - Sharon Kim Redmon[/h]
SRedmon.jpg
SRedmon1.jpg

Name: Sharon Kim Redmon
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: February 22, 1993
Location Last Seen: Unionville, Orange County, Virginia

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Date of Birth: circa 1964
Race: White
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Kim
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo of the word "Deakons" on her right bicep

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h]Sharon and her husband, Andrew Redmon , were last seen in their hometown of Unionville, Virginia on February 22, 1993. Their son was staying with Andrew's parents on the day the couple disappeared. Andrew's mother told authorities that he arrived at their home with some of their child's belongings and mentioned that he and Sharon were considering traveling to Florida in the near future. Investigators also determined that Andrew asked an acquaintance for money on the day he and Sharon disappeared.
The couple's vehicle, a blue 1986 Oldsmobile Calais with Virginia license plates HIQ-285, has never been recovered. Andrew was employed as a truck driver with Panel Construction in Fredericksburg, Virginia at the time of his disappearance.
Andrew's family contacted authorities after they were unable to locate the couple by early March 1993, approximately one week after they were last seen. Law enforcement officers searched the Redmons' residence and discovered shell casings from a small caliber handgun, as well as a broken table and other evidence of a struggle. DNA testing proved that blood stains located on the carpet were from Andrew. Investigators believe that someone else was inside the house on the day Andrew and Sharon vanished, but additional details have not been released.
There has not been any activity on either of the Redmons' bank accounts since the day they vanished in 1993. Investigators found inconsistencies in statements from witnesses questioned at the time of the couple's disappearance and also stated that there is a possible suspect in the case. The person has not been identified publicly and no arrests have been made in connection with the Redmons' cases. Their disappearances remain unsolved.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h]Agency Name: Orange County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 540-672-1200
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 93-06-0063

NCIC Case Number: M-626880893
NamUs Case Number: 1194

[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h]NamUs
Richmond Group International
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/823dfva.html

Strange. I perform a Google search on both names and there is nothing. Nada. Zip. (This is same jurisdiction that couldn't solve Samantha Clarke's disappearance.)
So I try the Charley Project and both are still listed.
Sharon Kim Redmon – The Charley Project
Andrew Lynn Redmon Jr. – The Charley Project

I notice on the site that they don't have Sharon's birthday listed (they have Lynn Redmond's DOB) and it was on the site for 6 years before they even updated her age. It makes me wonder what Orange County is doing with this and are there any family members following their case.

Sounds to me like they owed someone money and were in trouble. Also sounds like they found it.

Sadly, they are most likely unidentified remains somewhere. Their family should make sure they provide DNA samples to LE, and register with Ancestry in case LE somewhere attempts a familial match.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Strange. I perform a Google search on both names and there is nothing. Nada. Zip. (This is same jurisdiction that couldn't solve Samantha Clarke's disappearance.)
So I try the Charley Project and both are still listed.

I notice on the site that they don't have Sharon's birthday listed (they have Lynn Redmond's DOB) and it was on the site for 6 years before they even updated her age. It makes me wonder what Orange County is doing with this and are there any family members following their case.

I agree - the only other place I found anything is NamUs, and it’s the same write up as the Charley Project. Appears to me that the police have written it off.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Strange. I perform a Google search on both names and there is nothing. Nada. Zip. (This is same jurisdiction that couldn't solve Samantha Clarke's disappearance.) It makes me wonder what Orange County is doing with this and are there any family members following their case.

I’m sure you’re aware of the Route 29 stalker, Alicia Reynolds, and Anne Carolyn McDaniel.... none of these have been solved by area law enforcement yet. I live in the Route 29 corridor and there are plenty of cases I don’t think will ever be solved.

I’m sure you’re aware of the Route 29 stalker, Alicia Reynolds, and Anne Carolyn McDaniel.... none of these have been solved by area law enforcement yet. I live in the Route 29 corridor and there are plenty of cases I don’t think will ever be solved.
Also Samantha Greene and while there is an arrest and conviction for Alexis Murphy they have never found her body. Randy Taylor, who is a suspect in Samantha's disappearance and convicted of Alexis' murder still claims he is innocent. Nearby is the case of Janet Fields in Fluvanna County. Janet's car was found several miles away in Zion Crossroads Park and Ride and she has never been found.

Also Samantha Greene and while there is an arrest and conviction for Alexis Murphy they have never found her body. Randy Taylor, who is a suspect in Samantha's disappearance and convicted of Alexis' murder still claims he is innocent. Nearby is the case of Janet Fields in Fluvanna County. Janet's car was found several miles away in Zion Crossroads Park and Ride and she has never been found.

Samantha Clarke :). Lovingston is between where I live and Charlottesville so I’m very aware of Alexis Murphy, Samantha Clarke, DaShad Smith, Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham... this area seems to be breeding killers. I have no doubt Randy Taylor killed Samantha Clarke.

Andrew Lynn Redmon Jr.

MlDhVeOaF5FZMApr0bOJzrjzIyn_2HXN62xdoFpx6cQMMkMYLzN9ABqGg-7u-8aQmzayv_SHaE5BmSiElpYPuD5IrjFUNqQff5qVzYq79nDv8xB6UtZjL3d_zCyqsO3GHQ

Age at time of disappearance: 40

Sex: Male

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Height: 61”

Weight: 230 lbs

Missing From: Orange, Virginia

Details: Andrew and his wife Sharon were last seen on February 22, 1993. There blue 1986 Oldsmobile has not been recovered. There has been no activity on their bank accounts.

Sharon K. Redmon

DsL5luI2HW0arXPNCiSpz2Be2cuwwfBGtC3yhHkZdFYp0SuphmEljaZXQiryW9MzhjT36U4TU0QczR9BUu6VxJp2zE2oY1aiBWj7J5Yl4zdSccJwaCzCK6s5sjPdQAMHFg

Age at time of disappearance: 28

Sex: Female

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 125 lbs

Missing From: Orange, Virginia

Details: Sharon and her husband, Andrew were last seen on February 22, 1993. Their blue 1986 Oldsmobile has not been recovered. There has been no activity on their bank accounts.

I found 2 obits that I'm fairly certain are Andrew's father and brother. I don't know how significant it is, but I thought I'd point out that in his father's obit from 2012, Andrew is referred to as a surviving relative, while his brother's obit from 2016 refers to him as deceased. Interestingly enough, Sharon isn't mentioned as his spouse in either obits. Thoughts?

BBM
A L “Skinny” Redmon (1916-2012) - Find A Grave...
A.L. "Skinny" Redmon, 95, of Orange, died on Tuesday, February 14, 2012, at the Dogwood Village of Orange.
He was born on December 30, 1916, in Rapidan, the son of the late James Harrison and Mamie Bryant Redmon. Skinny was a member of the Orange Presbyterian Church, owner and operator of the Redmon Fire Extinquisher Service and former business manager and chaplain of the Orange County Volunteer Fire Company where he had been an active member for 48 years. He was retired from Virginia Metal Products where he was a shipping supervisor. Skinny is survived by his wife, Dorothy Garnett Redmon; a daughter, Doris Jean Redmon; two sons, Greg Redman and wife, Mary, and Andrew Lynn Redmon Jr.; four grandchildren and three step-grandchildren.

Redmon, Gregory Lee
Gregory "Greg" Lee Redmon 62, of Unionville died Saturday, September 17, 2016, at the Mary Washington Hospital. Born on August 10 1954, in Charlottesville, he was a son of the late Andrew "Skinny" and Dorothy Garnett Redmon, and was also preceded in death by a brother, Andrew Lynn Redmon Jr.

They were definitely married as their marriage record from 1986 in Harrisonburg is on Ancestry. It was his second marriage as there is a prior record from 1975. Sharon was previously Sharon Kimberly Garrett. She was born 28 May 1964 in Richmond Va. It certainly is an oddity that Sharon seems to have been written out of the history of the family. She does not appear in any of the family trees on Ancestry which include Andrew, despite their marriage being easy to find.

They were definitely married as their marriage record from 1986 in Harrisonburg is on Ancestry. It was his second marriage as there is a prior record from 1975. Sharon was previously Sharon Kimberly Garrett. She was born 28 May 1964 in Richmond Va. It certainly is an oddity that Sharon seems to have been written out of the history of the family. She does not appear in any of the family trees on Ancestry which include Andrew, despite their marriage being easy to find.

So A few years back ,two bodies were rumored to be hidden at the luck stone quarry in fredericksburg va . It was a news article and photo of two set of remains were photo graphed and shown to LE. ,The Spotsylvania Sheriff office sent people to go look and the quarry workers had hidden the remains. The SCSO said they would resume the search when the ground wasn't as frozen. This has never been talked about again. It was a Free lance star article before they sold .

I emailed the Orange County Sheriff's office a while ago but they weren't interested in speaking with me. They did email me back but we never spoke about the case. I worked with Lynn before he disappeared and knew him well. I wanted to tell them a few important things but I got the cold shoulder. Very strange way for a police department to react.

I emailed the Orange County Sheriff's office a while ago but they weren't interested in speaking with me. They did email me back but we never spoke about the case. I worked with Lynn before he disappeared and knew him well. I wanted to tell them a few important things but I got the cold shoulder. Very strange way for a police department to react.
At the contruction company? I am interested !
Yeah. I dunno I guess they have their reasons,but I have been puzzled by their reactions in a few cases that seem stuck.
Call it into crime stoppers maybe?

It seems like they were involved in something shady and were planning on running away for a while, but whoever was running caught up with them before they could get out of town... thank goodness they had the foresight to put their son somewhere safe first.. .
Without judging, it seems that way to me. It feels like something scared them that day, leaving the kid with a cover story for a few days, trying to borrow money... and finally he just drove off and Andrew got hurt (probably shot) with the car and all. This is a case where, with the car missing, I don't think they are in a body of water or, if they are, they were placed there not in an accident...
There is also the possibility of drugs... they screwed the wrong people and ran away... That's why they borrowed the money and left the child. Unfortunately someone caught them as they were leaving. It's not surprising since whoever they screwed would be watching the house...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam