Australia - Ho Ledinh, 65, shot to death, Bankstown, NSW, 23 Jan 2018

kelynn

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...e/news-story/1a988a5e1386d1a6d30fc511915dbd0e

[FONT=&amp]THE man shot dead at point-blank range in a Sydney cafe while sipping coffee has been identified as a local criminal lawyer. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The man, aged in his 60s, was sitting at a table when at Happy Cup Cafe in Bankstown when a gunman pulled out a handgun and shot him execution-style this afternoon.
[FONT=&amp]Acting Superintendent Brad Thorne said the gunman had not been identified but the shooting was believed to be a “targeted” attack. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

NSW Police probe Bankstown shooting death of prominent lawyer Ho Le Dinh
ABC News
BY NADIA DALY AND RILEY STUART
UPDATED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO [as at 08:12 AEDT 23 January 2018]

‘Friends of prominent Vietnamese lawyer Ho Le Dinh are struggling to make sense of the family man's brazen daylight shooting murder on a busy Sydney street yesterday.

Key points:

• Police said Ho Le Dinh was shot several times in Bankstown
    [*]The father-of-three's death has shocked Sydney's Vietnamese community
  • He was aged in his 60s and was a well-known criminal lawyer
Mr Ho, aged in his 60s, died on the side of a Bankstown road after being shot several times just before 4:00pm in what New South Wales Police described as a "targeted attack".

Police are still searching for the gunman behind the shooting, with witnesses saying the attacker fled on foot.’

‘'A targeted attack'

The ABC understands Mr Ho was a well-known criminal lawyer, and lived in Randwick.

Police said they believed a handgun was used in the attack.

"We do believe that it is a targeted attack — that's how it appears at this stage," Acting Commander Brad Thorne said.’

‘The street is a major artery in the western-Sydney centre of Bankstown, and was closed to the public after the attack.’

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...gate-bankstown-shooting-of-le-dinh-ho/9354270

Someone not happy with how their case (or family member)was handled?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh my, I sure hope they find this murderer, and fast.

Prayers for Mr Ho's family.

Someone not happy with how their case (or family member)was handled?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am guessing he maybe recently dealt with a case which involved a 5T gang member. They are still quite active in Sydney and the modus operandi is what they would normally do.

Oh my, I sure hope they find this murderer, and fast.

Prayers for Mr Ho's family.

For murderer, read ‘enforcer’ or ‘hitman’. If it benefits someone and/or their enterprise, his name will be whispered in the right ears. Whether he’ll be arrested or has fled OS, to a country that doesn’t have a criminal extradition treaty with Australia, is another matter.

This is going to be interesting.

It’s understood Mr Ledinh’s young wife and their three children left yesterday morning for Vietnam, JUST HOURS BEFORE THE KILLING. A friend told media the couple met at the same cafe he was killed in, which he is believed to part own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The long coat could have hidden a sawn-off rifle.

According to that DM article, he was shot 4 times in the pelvic region. Huh?

According to that DM article, he was shot 4 times in the pelvic region. Huh?

That answers why there was no blood up in the wall.
Why the pelvic region?

Was it for a slower painful death, revenge for adultery/affair or a larger target region.

Totally off topic but I am surprised at a criminal lawyer having such a modest home. I would be living in fort knox.

That answers why there was no blood up in the wall.
Why the pelvic region?

Was it for a slower painful death, revenge for adultery/affair or a larger target region.

My first thought upon reading about the shots to his pelvic region was adultery. But supposedly he thought his much younger wife was beautiful, so presumably no need to roam.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...s/news-story/801592a69f83a9f25e443b8a41d0419f

[FONT=&amp]IN HIS final hours alive, shooting victim Ho Ledinh texted a close friend about how he could obtain a controversial product banned in several countries.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Mr Ledinh sent a series of text messages to Van Nguyen yesterday asking where to get bear bile from. The product is used in traditional Asian medicine and is said to cure conditions like liver and digestive problems — but it is banned in many countries including Australia because the way it is extracted is considered barbaric.
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back