Neil Diamond diagnosed with Parkinson's

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Neil Diamond retires from touring after Parkinson’s diagnosis
by Alex Johnson

Neil Diamond, the pop music craftsman who ranks among the best-selling musical artists in history, is retiring from concert touring because of Parkinson's disease, he said Monday.

Diamond, who turns 77 on Wednesday, revealed the recent diagnosis in a statement on his website announcing the cancellation of his March tour dates in Australia and New Zealand.

"It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring," Diamond said in the statement, which said Diamond's condition "has made it difficult to travel and perform on a large scale basis but will allow Mr. Diamond to continue his writing, recording and development of new projects." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...s-touring-after-parkinson-s-diagnosis-n840086

Neil Diamond Retires From Touring After Parkinson's Disease Diagnosis
Meg Swertlow, EONLINE / 3:23 am ET Tue Jan 23, 2018

Done too fast...

Legendary singer, songwriter and performer Neil Diamond announced earlier today that he would be retiring from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease.

According to a press release given to E! News, the decision to stop touring is on his doctors' advice. The "Sweet Caroline" singer was slated to begin the third leg of Diamond's 50th Anniversary tour this March in Australia and New Zealand.

"It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring. I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years," said Diamond in a statement...

https://my.xfinity.com/articles/ent...nd-Retires-9224?cid=featuredent_media_diamond

One of my mum's favourite singers. She adores him so I am just glad today that she cannot understand a word of English and most likely she won't see this in the news back home.

I just wish all those millionaire talentless celebrities out there would donate more money towards research on finding a cure for Parkinson, Alzheimer and other devastating illnesses.

Neil Diamond is a very talented gentleman and comes across as a nice person; this diagnosis is not fair at all. Nobody deserves to go through this.

I'm so happy that I got to meet him back when he was touring, definitely up in my list of 10 favorite singers!

BetteDavisEyes, Do you think that was his Father and maybe sister they kept showing in that video?

BetteDavisEyes, Do you think that was his Father and maybe sister they kept showing in that video?

:dunno: Thanks for mentioning it. I watched again and agree that they could be family members.

I've seen Neil in concert twice- he is a wonderful showman. And his body of songwriting work is amazing.

Parkinson's is a horrible disease, takes the body but not the mind. I hope he has many, many years of effective symptom treatment ahead of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back