IL IL - Kathleen Beitzel, 33, Streamwood, 14 July 1979

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
No Picture

Kathleen Beitzel
Cook County, Illinois
33 year old white female

Height: 64- 66 Inches
Weight: 115-120 lbs

Brown Hair
Blue Eyes

Distinctive marks:
Scar left knee
Silicone Breast implants

Clothing: Black Blouse white satin slacks

Circumstances: Hasnt been seen or heard from since July 14th, 1979.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40487/0

Starting her thread in hopes that someone can find a picture or more information.

Familysearch.org records show her middle initial as M and her date of birth as 01 Mar 1946.

This record has her associated with a residence in Bartlett, IL from 1998-2004:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJN2-7JFT

That record doesn't necessarily mean she lived there in those years, however.
Sometimes family members of missing persons maintain their own address as a mailing address for the missing person and the public record shows as if the person lived there. Or if she disappeared and left an open bank account, for example, her family may have had no way to close the account and so that address continued to be listed.

Familysearch.org records show her middle initial as M and her date of birth as 01 Mar 1946.

This record has her associated with a residence in Bartlett, IL from 1998-2004:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJN2-7JFT

That record doesn't necessarily mean she lived there in those years, however.
Sometimes family members of missing persons maintain their own address as a mailing address for the missing person and the public record shows as if the person lived there. Or if she disappeared and left an open bank account, for example, her family may have had no way to close the account and so that address continued to be listed.

Just adding that Ancestry.com has this same address record but shows the birthday as Jan 3, 1946. Strange that there is a discrepancy but I guess we can say her birthday is likely 1946.

Just adding that Ancestry.com has this same address record but shows the birthday as Jan 3, 1946. Strange that there is a discrepancy but I guess we can say her birthday is likely 1946.

I think the discrepancy in birthdate is just confusion between US and UK protocols in dates. In the UK the 3rd January 1946 would be 3/1/1946. In the US it would be 1/3/1946. Which date is correct is another question.

Pictures have been added to NAMUS:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40487/

Does anyone know what her husbands name is? I know it is the day after, but its close in proximity so I was comparing her to this Doe.
The Doe Network: 1174UFIL
Her birthday is 1/3/1946.
Have inquired about this Jane Doe from the Doe Network since this was posted. Kathleen was reported missing on July 14, 1979. Do not know the exact day she was deceased.

Last edited:
Have inquired about this Jane Doe from the Doe Network since this was posted. Kathleen was reported missing on July 14, 1979. Do not know the exact day she was deceased.
Hey who do you enquire with? Any indication if she had a child? Possibly in 64 called Joe? I guess she would have been 18ish

The link posted from the Doe Network can not be Kathleen Beitzel. She was last seen on July 14, 1979.

Does anyone know what her husbands name is? I know it is the day after, but its close in proximity so I was comparing her to this Doe.
The Doe Network: 1174UFIL

Did you find.out what her husband name was? Or if she had a child?

There was no Joe as far as I can tell. She possibly* had two sons-- neither born in 1964. I'm not going to share their names here because that would be against the rules, but they are common first names starting with F and D. The F was named after her husband who is also F. Her husband appears to still be alive and was never named as a suspect in Kathleen's disappearance so I don't believe we are allowed to name him here.

*I'm saying "possibly" her sons because I'm basing this info on shared address history and DOB of people who lived with her. They are the right age to be her sons and one has a variation of her husband's name.

Last edited:
The link posted from the Doe Network can not be Kathleen Beitzel. She was last seen on July 14, 1979.

Welcome to Websleuths Dsawal. That is a good point that Kathleen was supposedly last seen the day after the unidentified woman's body was found. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that dates can be off sometimes. Especially in very old cases. Typos might be made when transcribing from handwritten reports to computer records. Sometimes people are not reported missing right away and memories can be flawed if the person is reported missing years later. Or sometimes the person reporting someone missing may lie about the date they actually last saw someone.

In Kathleen's case we don't have any details as far as who reported her missing or who saw her last. We don't know if she walked away from her life or was murdered. But imagine if she was murdered by someone close to her a day or even a week earlier than reported. And then imagine if the person who murdered her lied and said he last saw her July 14th. Well it would be very hard to match her up with a body found the day before. If we had more details about when Kathleen was last seen and who saw her that would nail down the date better. Did she have a job she didn't show up for on July 14th? Did multiple people remember seeing her that day? It's too bad we don't have more info on this case.

Last edited:
Kathleen is my sister. Her husband was/is a suspect! She did not just walk away. It will be 40 years this July. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of her.
I'm sorry about your sister. I hope one day you get the answers you are after.
Just a question. Does a tattoo with words “joe 64” and “swe...” mean anything to you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back