TV storm chaser Joel Taylor aged 38 has died

gregjrichards

Reaction score
TV storm chaser Joel Taylor has died aged 38 leaving friends and family "shocked and absolutely devastated."

Joel was well-known for his role on the 'Storm Chasers' reality TV series which aired on the Discovery channel.

His pal and co-star Reed Timmer confirmed the tragic news on Twitter last night.

Sharing images of his "best friend", Reed wrote: "RIP my best friend and storm chasing partner, Joel Taylor.

"I am shocked and absolutely devastated by the loss of my incredible, caring friend.

"We chased so many intense storms, and I wish we could have just one more storm chase. I'll miss you forever, Joel.

"We lost a legend."

The cause of Joel's death remains unclear at this time.

But according to a local Facebook page it was not "chase related".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tv-storm-chaser-joel-taylor-11904645

3087B30E-9CA8-4F3E-967E-A6EDFF823644.jpeg

I loved his show even though it scared me. May Joel Rest In Peace.

Discovery Channel storm chaser Joel Taylor found dead on Royal Caribbean cruise
by Yelena Dzhanova

Discovery Channel’s popular storm chaser Joel Taylor has been confirmed dead on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship docked in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the local police told NBC News on Wednesday.

Taylor was vacationing aboard the ship when the police found him deceased in his cabin, officials said. He was 38...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...oel-taylor-found-dead-royal-caribbean-n840811

Sad... He collapsed on the dance floor, and none of his friends thought to bring him to the ships doctors office. Could've been prevented, if he had better friends.

Sad... He collapsed on the dance floor, and none of his friends thought to bring him to the ships doctors office. Could've been prevented, if he had better friends.

Could you please post a link for this info? Without knowing the cause of death, how can anyone know it was a preventable death?

Most common cause of death in young men of this age is accident and overdose. Sometimes, but very rarely a congenital condition of the heart or circulatory system.

RIP. I knew a man who in his early 40s went on a singles cruise, got drunk, fell backwards off a bar stool and hit his head. He died a week later from an undiagnosed subdural hematoma. (Like what Liam Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson died of from a skiing fall, but it took longer.) He was taken from the ship to a hospital in the Bahamas. Took the family a week to make arrangements to have him medically evacuated back to a U.S. hospital but he died during the flight back.

Alcohol poisoning and/or alcohol/drug interaction?

My friend's nephew went on a cruise with a bunch of friends for a bachelor party weekend. He was best man for wedding so they were drinking heavily all weekend.

He passed out on Sunday night, after they were doing tequila shots and beer all day. He never woke up. :rose:

They think it was alcohol mixed with some xanax, which he had no tolerance for, never used it before.

Binge drinking can be very dangerous. And when people go on a cruise they tend to over do it.

TMZ is reporting it as a OD:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/26/storm-chasers-joel-taylor-party-cruise-drugs/
TMZ broke the story ... law enforcement sources tell us they believe Taylor's death was an OD.

Passengers told us Taylor consumed enough GHB Monday night to lapse into unconsciousness on the dance floor. He was taken back to his room where he was later found unresponsive.
Taylor's autopsy has been completed and officials are waiting on toxicology results to determine a cause of death.

TMZ is reporting it as a OD:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/26/storm-chasers-joel-taylor-party-cruise-drugs/
TMZ broke the story ... law enforcement sources tell us they believe Taylor's death was an OD.

Passengers told us Taylor consumed enough GHB Monday night to lapse into unconsciousness on the dance floor. He was taken back to his room where he was later found unresponsive.
Taylor's autopsy has been completed and officials are waiting on toxicology results to determine a cause of death.

Very sad indeed. How would they manage to get drugs on board the ship?

It is pretty easy to get designer drugs like GHB or ecstacy past screenings. If cruise ships even have strict screenings?

But you can put GHB in a water bottle and it looks like clear water. Scared the heck out of me knowing that, back when my kids liked going to raves when they were in college. Lots of deaths at the time. My daughter was so sick of me 'reminding' her about how dangerous that drug can be.

It is pretty easy to get designer drugs like GHB or ecstacy past screenings. If cruise ships even have strict screenings?

But you can put GHB in a water bottle and it looks like clear water. Scared the heck out of me knowing that, back when my kids liked going to raves when they were in college. Lots of deaths at the time. My daughter was so sick of me 'reminding' her about how dangerous that drug can be.

I didn’t know that thank you.

Storm Chasers Star Joel Taylor Died of Overdose Caused by Deadly Mix of Drugs, Authorities Reveal

Joel Taylor‘s cause of death has been revealed, four months after the Storm Chasers star was found dead on a cruise ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Taylor, 38, had a fatal mix of drugs in his system, according to a toxicology report by the Institute of Forensic Sciences of Puerto Rico in January which was obtained by The Blast on Friday.

MDMA (also known as ecstasy) along with Zolpidem (a version of Ambien), ketamine (an anesthetic) and MDA (a psychedelic amphetamine) were found in his system at the time of his death, according to the report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back