AZ - Jerry, 62, & Susan McFalls, 62, homicide, Littlefield, 11 Jan 2018 *reward*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Possibly endangered from Littlefield, Arizona: Jerry and Susan McFalls, both are 62-years-old. Last heard from on January 11th.

Jerry and Susan have homes in Littlefield, as well as West Jordan, and split their time between the two areas. Their daughter-law from Bountiful said Jerry and Susan texted her to say they were going to drive back to Utah on January 11th, but they never arrived. that's when family members drove down to Littlefield. "And we were able to go to the property on Sunday where everything appears normal. The dogs were home. Everything looked normal. Just mom and dad are missing."

Detectives utilized search dogs. Investigators found the couple’s phones, as well as guns, money, medications, identifications and family pets inside the residence. There was no sign of foul play.

missing-persons-970x546.jpg

http://www.good4utah.com/news/southern-utah/utah-couple-missing-from-arizona-home/935653327
https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...couples-home-eerily-undisturbed/#.WmiIMLynHAU

So this couple has been missing for 12 days already.

It sounds like the dogs were left in the house, so I have to wonder what kind of condition both the dogs were in and the house if they were inside, not because no walked and have no eaten or had anything to drink.

From the sound of things in the resports, they never got on the road to go back to Utah.

I wonder if there are any indications they were packed up for their trip back to Utah?

It sounds like they just walked out of the house for a bit and had every intention on coming back. This is worrisome.

I wonder if something happened while out on their property. I hope they scoured every square inch of the property AND house.

I wonder if something happened while out on their property. I hope they scoured every square inch of the property AND house.

Like a wild animal attack or something? That could be.

I read they had done a search but the report didn't indicate where exactly.

Like a wild animal attack or something? That could be.

I read they had done a search but the report didn't indicate where exactly.

I would think if it happened on their property, there might be some evidence left behind like a torn off piece of clothing, blood, etc.

Very frightening that both are missing. The dogs, to me, show that something is very very wrong, as no animal lover would leave their dogs without food or water for several days. Good thing their daughter in law decided to check up on them when she did.

Praying they'll be found safe and sound, but this doesn't sound good to me.

By the way, just wanted to say I hope you are doing well, Seajay. Good to see you posting.

So glad to see this thread started! Very strange circumstances.

So was the front door wide open? Or was it unlocked? Some people use those words interchangeably.

Yes. In their own. Which unfortunately fed the idea that they disappeared voluntarily. In this case we don't even have that.

LE is not calling it foul play. But acknowledges that they disappeared under suspicious circumstances.

The Sheriff’s Office is actively investigating the pair’s disappearance, listing both individuals on a BOLO (Be on the Lookout For) poster as having disappeared under “suspicious circumstances.” The couple has been entered into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center’s missing and endangered database.

http://gephardtdaily.com/local/utah-couple-arizona/

From the video at the Good4Utah link in the first post, it sounds like family members drove down on Sunday, Jan. 14, after they hadn't heard from Jerry and Susan, who were scheduled to arrive in West Jordan on Jan. 11.

It's worth nothing that the missing couple was last heard from via text. It doesn't sound like that text raised any alarms (as it might if it didn't sound like Jerry and Susan), and that family members grew concerned after they didn't arrive in West Jordan. I wonder when the last time they were confirmed to be seen or spoken with on the phone?

The video also shows other houses in the semi-rural area and what looks to be a highway in the background. I noticed that front window of the house looks like it's boarded over (or maybe that's cardboard to shield from the AZ sun?), there's a home security sign in the same window, and the front door has a barred entryway. Jerry's FB page has a few photos with firearms.

Is the area prone to crime? Had they been robbed in the past (too common when people split time between residences)? I wouldn't think much about any of these factors individually, but when combined, they make me wonder if they either feared for their safety or felt they were being targeted for some reason?

http://kutv.com/news/local/just-van...-missing-utah-couple-baffled-by-disappearance
Family of Jerry and Susan McFalls, Utah couple who went missing Jan. 11 at their Littlefield, Arizona, winter home are baffled after no signs or evidence point to where they could be.

... investigators have found no obvious sign of struggle in the house.

"Vehicles were here, car keys are here, wallets are here, drinks were out, the door was open, the dogs were here," McFalls said.

Right now the Mohave County Sheriffs Office, along with friends and family, are combing the desert terrain that surrounds their home.
"Friends that have ATVs [are] now searching anywhere and everywhere we possibly can. It's open range out here it's desolate there's nothing out here," McFalls said.

"They're frail, they're older," McFalls said. "Dad is insulin dependent [on] her shots and mom is pill dependent on her shots for her diabetes."
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DUVpXiGVQAAeJCg.jpg
    DUVpXiGVQAAeJCg.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 2,208
  • DUVlQooVoAM9uM4.jpg
    DUVlQooVoAM9uM4.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 2,220
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46244690&nid=1417

From this link, a little bit more information about their habits, especially regarding their dogs.

The son said it was extremely uncharacteristic for his parents to leave their dogs behind.

“My mom, when they would go to the buffets, hid her little miniature dachshund in her purse,” he said. “Even when they were working on the tractor out here, the dog would sit on the tractor with (Susan)."

The article also quotes the family as saying it would be highly unlikely the couple went for a walk. Since they know the terrain, they would have only left the property in one of their vehicles.

So very strange to leave their phones behind too, especially being diabetic.

I so hope they will be returned safely. Feeling really concerned for them...

It looks like the Mcfalls were going about their daily routine and then something interrupted them.
What I find troubling was the shed was open and I am curious if any digging tools are missing from it.
Is there any evidence that there were suitcases or travel bags that were open and possibly filled with clothing or other items.
I hope the family and/or LE are looking at computer records for any clues.

If they left everything open, doors, etc. left the dogs there, wallets, cell phones, meds, drinks out, etc., they were definitely interrupted from their daily routine and forced out of their home would be my guess. There are too many reasons why they would not have disappeared voluntarily.

This SO reminds me of the McStay case. Home at night, family routine, groceries not put away yet, an interruption, family disappears, cell phones left behind, one vehicle left behind in this case.

I think since they were snowbirds, they probably didn't make many enemies, which means there would be another reason for their disappearance. Financial gain?

What were their interests? Someone disappeared this couple, I highly doubt they left on their own. IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back