Poor ATF Dog

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
An ATF dog who was doing a security sweep, sniffing for potentially dangerous chemicals, in preparations for this years NBA All Star game fell to his death this morning at the convention center. He fell from a ledge about 4 stories up from the street.

OT Guys how do you post links. I haven't done it in years and I forgot. TIA

Hi kato. I heard this on KILT this morning. So sad. I said a prayer for him. :angel: It always makes me so sad to hear about animals dying.

NewMom2003 said:
Hi kato. I heard this on KILT this morning. So sad. I said a prayer for him. :angel: It always makes me so sad to hear about animals dying.

I agree about animals dying being sad. Sometimes I take it harder than when a person dies. I wonder why.

kato said:
I agree about animals dying being sad. Sometimes I take it harder than when a person dies. I wonder why.
Cause they are as close to prefect as ya can get!

kato said:

I do too kato. It's that unconditional love that they give. I have to turn off the tv when I hear stories about animals getting hurt or intentionally murdered and I tend to stay away from threads on here where animals have been abused or killed. It hurts me.

NewMom2003 said:
I do too kato. It's that unconditional love that they give. I have to turn off the tv when I hear stories about animals getting hurt or intentionally murdered and I tend to stay away from threads on here where animals have been abused or killed. It hurts me.

I'm gonna have to take time off work when my cat, Kato, kicks the bucket. I've had her 17 yrs. But she's as feisty as ever so hopefully she has a few good years left. I think the only prob. she has is her hearing might be going cuz she doesn't notice the vacuum til I'm right up on her.

I'm the same way as the other posters here. I can't read things on animals being hurt or watch shows like vet emergencies or the like.

I once was flipping around the dial and stopped on a channel that was showing a beautiful wild turkey walking around just doing his turkey thing. I thought it was a nature show.

Next thing I know a shot rings out and the poor turkey was shot. I screamed! I was not expecting it. Then these two guys come out and hold it up and were laughing about killing it and I was just sick. I cried .

I had no idea I was on some hunting show or other.

I'm not down on hunters, although I hate it, but I felt the show should have had a written warning . It may sound silly, but at the time I felt like I'd just witnessed a murder.

Just read an article that has more info.. Apparently the dog, Mikey, was taking a break and was chasing after a pigeon. There is a pic and he sure was a pretty black lab. He was only 4. It was the 1st fatal federal death in the history of the 20 yr. old explosives - detection canine program. His handler was trying to put him back in his kennel when he spotted the bird. He leaped over a vehicle ramp and fell 50 ft..

I did not read the article and cannot look at the picture. I have a black Lab. If mine is any example of the breed, they can be very determined and very excitable when seeing another animal. As this was a working dog and he knew he was on break, all bets were off as to behavior, I suspect.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back