Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
cache.php

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>
Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #70
Thread #71
Thread #72
Thread #73
Thread #74
Thread #75
Thread #76
Thread #77
Thread #78
Thread #79
Thread #80

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information
Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

MOST RECENT:

ISP presser of 10/3/17
The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

Could Daniel Nations, 32, get angry enough to pull a hatchet on people he felt offended him, as his arrest charges allege? "Possibly," his wife, Katelyn Nations, 30, told The Gazette. "In a fit of rage, yes."

DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Abby and Libby's thread is open.

From now on we are going to stick to our rules and discuss only those suspects or POI"s that have been in the mainstream media.

No more random sketches. Please do not even ask.

Terms of Service
in case you need a refresher course :)

As Monty Python would say "And now for something completely different".

I need a favor from someone who knows this case.

If you could please post a quick update on Abby and Libby&#8217;s case I would really appreciate it.

Most of us can&#8217;t follow this case like some of you so we are woefully behind.

More than one poster can post an update. That&#8217;s great.

Consider things like:

*What happened with Daniel Nations? Is he still a possible suspect?
*What is the latest from law enforcement?
*What is the latest from the girl&#8217;s loved ones?

Something along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia

I&#8217;m really glad the case was on Megyn&#8217;s show. Here is a link if you missed it - https://www.today.com/video/familie...en-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

Me too, gregjrichards. Thank you for your continued updates. Hoping for a 2018 with many answers to stop this man.
https://www.today.com/video/familie...en-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

At about 13 minutes Ms. Kelly mentions (paraphrased)
NBC affiliate WTHR reports that 'the search has been extended by the FBI into South Eastern Tennessee'

Police Superintendent Doug Carter is tracking with what is going on in Tennessee and he considers this a nationwide search.

View attachment 128860 Southeastern Tenn.
from here

Interesting, (my brief notes) that LE says no witness saw him, and that the body type and posture of that man on that bridge on that day should tell somebody who knows him who he is, nationwide. That it could be somebody who did this before and do it again because of the alacrity of the crime. So this freak may have covered a lot of ground over time, but honed in on Delphi for some reason.

He may have tried and failed at abductions before or since farther away?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 8.33.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 8.33.08 PM.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 110
Biggest take away I got out of the show is they do not have a viable suspect.

Damn.

moo

Just an update on DN as requested by Tricia on page 1 - his next court appearance is next week on the 24th in Clear Creek Colorado. He also has a date in March for child custody. See Tim Watkins thread for more details.

Being held on $500 bond...

[FONT=&amp]Daniel James Nations, 32, is being held on a $500 bond awaiting a Jan. 24 court appearance in Clear Creek County Court for missing a court appearance, a representative of the Clear Creek Sheriff's Office confirmed on Monday.[/FONT]

http://coloradosprings.com/drifter-...ncing-for-mount-herman-threat/article/1619065

IMHO, no murder charges will be filled against DN.

Hi Everyone,

Thought it best to start a new thread.

A reminder in case you missed my post above, no more random sketches or pictures of persons who are not POI's.

Again if someone could please post a quick update for those who may be new to the case I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and carry on, please.

Tricia

BumpityBump

Why is there only a 21 day window to return him to Indiana? If LE misses this deadline, is his warrant torn up?
He is in jail awaiting Jan 24 court in Colorado. What if they find him guilty there and put him back in jail?

Thanks for opening this thread.

I wonder ... If IN has 21d to come get DN, yet DN has a court date Feb 21 in CO, would DN's attorney appear on his behalf on Feb 21 without DN there?

Looks like we both had the same thought at the same time. LOL

I am so pleased to know that Indiana will bring DN back and try him. I am not even going to imagine any situation where this fails to happen.

wonder will KN follow him. she doesn't have the kids does she? would she have to leave them in CO? Im interested to see if she stays away, Im interested to see if she feels the heat, something about all this doesn't make sense it just doesn't jibe..

we just cant get answers or any proof... but there is synergy and a total lack of anything to clear DN..which is so weird..

his phone should clear him , right? if he had one, and he did.

even if we try to put him at the doctor, where he "maybe went"...nope.

lets get that DNA again.

IMO

I think once Indiana LE has him, they can arrest him and he can even be sentenced to jail or prison. Why have a warrant if they can't take any action on it?

Btw, this is just a guess. Didn't want to bring this up, but my oldest son is in an AZ jail waiting for sentencing on drug charges. He had a warrant in another county, but because he was in jail already they just said, "He needs to send us a letter from there explaining why he missed his court date and why he can't make any upcoming court dates." And that was the end of that so far and its been months. I don't think they can do anything but wait until he gets out of prison which may be in a decade or more.

JMO

There is a timeframe so that a state cannot imprison someone indefinitely or too long without a judge ensuring that the defendent’s rights are not violated. People have rights regarding a speedy trial and false imprisonment (awaiting extradition is dead time. The demanding state won’t give any credit for time served).

If Indiana failed to pick up DN, a CO judge would ask indiana what they are doing and what is taking so long. He could then either hold the inmate longer or release him.

Here’s one example of that process referenced:

https://www.colorado-sex-crimes-law...rocedures-in-colorado-the-long-arm-of-the-law

There are plenty of laws guiding this process, so NO. It’s not like 21 Days passes, and DN is free. Hope that makes some a little less weary of him being inadvertently released.

Why is there only a 21 day window to return him to Indiana? If LE misses this deadline, is his warrant torn up?
He is in jail awaiting Jan 24 court in Colorado. What if they find him guilty there and put him back in jail?

Thanks for opening this thread.

I am so pleased to know that Indiana will bring DN back and try him. I am not even going to imagine any situation where this fails to happen.

wonder will KN follow him. she doesn't have the kids does she? would she have to leave them in CO? Im interested to see if she stays away, Im interested to see if she feels the heat, something about all this doesn't make sense it just doesn't jibe..

we just cant get answers or any proof... but there is synergy and a total lack of anything to clear DN..which is so weird..

his phone should clear him , right? if he had one, and he did.

even if we try to put him at the doctor, where he "maybe went"...nope.

lets get that DNA again.

IMO

I have a feeling once they get him in IN (isn't he there now?) that he won't be getting out anytime soon. I think LE knows he's involved in the murders and are just waiting for that other piece of evidence for a solid case. I also think it's coming soon. I also still think KN is holding out, knows much more, is afraid, etc.

I have a feeling once they get him in IN (isn't he there now?) that he won't be getting out anytime soon. I think LE knows he's involved in the murders and are just waiting for that other piece of evidence for a solid case. I also think it's coming soon. I also still think KN is holding out, knows much more, is afraid, etc.

According to Vinelink he's still in Clear Creek Co., Colorado.

Johnson Co., Indiana has 21 days to pick him up, which they've indicated they will do. Not hearing anything out of Carroll County.

BBM
I agree. Things she said about DN continue to bother me.

Thanks to Tricia for re-opening the thread.
Sending get well wishes to those hard workers at WS who caught the flu. Rest up, keep hydrated, hope you have a speedy recovery.

I have a couple of questions. When Indiana does travel to bring him to Johnson County, will they send two police Officer&#8217;s by car? It is a long drive to Colorado. Would they drive straight through on their way back? Would they stop at a hotel and sleep with the prisoner in cuffs?
I am simply curious. Thinking of the Officers, I would not want this job task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni