GUILTY UK - Celine Dookhran, Kidknapped, Raped and Murdered & a Survivor, London, July 2017

Legally Bland

Reaction score
cache.php

18 January 2018

A builder who kidnapped, raped and murdered his niece appeared to admit he knew she was dead during a furious WhatsApp row with his wife while on the run from police, a court heard.

Jurors at the Old Bailey were told how 33-year-old Mujahid Arshid had become "sexually fixated" with Barclays bank worker Celine Dookhran.

He is alleged to have enlisted the help of labourer Vincent Tappu to kidnap the 20-year-old and another young woman by bundling them into the boot of his pick-up truck in July last year.

They were said to have been bound and gagged as he drove them to a southwest London home he was renovating, and upon arrival they were raped and had their throats cut.

While the other woman - who cannot legally be identified - was able to escape after tricking her attacker into believing they could be together, the body of Ms Dookhran was stuffed into a chest-high freezer at the empty property between Wimbledon and Kingston.

https://news.sky.com/story/celine-d...er-being-raped-and-murdered-by-uncle-11212557

18 January2018
When Arshid's wife demanded to know where their niece was on WhatsApp, Arshid initially told her: "How do I know. She's the one that ran off."

She replied: "You would stoop that low. You're the p***y."

Arshid then said: "Whatever I may be, you made me. I'll call you from Pakistan."

But when his wife told him not to and that he was "dead to me", he retorted: "So is Celine apparently."

https://news.sky.com/story/celine-d...er-being-raped-and-murdered-by-uncle-11212557

19 January 2018

An obsessed builder was “inspired” by an infamous acid bath killer as he plotted to abduct, rape and murder his niece and another young woman, the Old Bailey has heard.

Mujahid Arshid, 33, allegedly came across convicted serial killer John George Haigh as he trawled the internet for ways to dispose of the bodies, jurors were told.

In July last year, he snatched Celine Dookhran and another young woman, bundling them into his pick-up truck with the help of a labourer, Vincent Tappu, jurors have heard.

Dookhran, 20, who worked at Barclays, was found stuffed into a freezer with her throat cut at a house Arshid was renovating in south-west London after the other woman managed to raise the alarm.

Following his arrest at a Holiday Inn in Folkestone, police examined Arshid’s laptops and found pictures of both victims and a bank payment to Tappu in the days before the killing.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...shid-murder-plot-acid-bath-killer-court-hears

19 January2018

On day three of the trial, the Old Bailey was played a video interview the surviving woman gave from her hospital bed to detectives two days after the attack.

Jurors heard how both women "tried to relate" to Mr Arshid before he took Ms Dookhran, his niece, upstairs.

The woman, in her 20s, described hearing screaming and thudding, before eventually "there was no more noise."

When the alleged killer emerged he said Ms Dookhran was "sleeping upstairs," jurors heard.

Arshid then ordered the woman to get into the freezer but she wedged her body and claimed she could not fit in, she said.

She started fighting the defendant, but he overpowered her before attacking her with a knife, the court heard.

"I was trying to play dead. He molested Celine's body while she was dead and then he molested me thinking I was dead. He's such a psycho.

"He said okay you've got 10 minutes to live," the woman said.

"I genuinely thought I was dying," she added.

After the defendant realised she was still alive she convinced him not to attack her further by saying "I love you" and "we can run away together," the court heard.

He initially refused, but she insisted that "I can take this pain away" and held his hands to keep them away from the knife, jurors heard.

She then described seeing the defendant put Ms Dookhran's bloodied body in the freezer and having "to act like it wasn't affecting me."

Jurors heard the woman's ordeal ended when Mr Arshid drove her to meet his brother, who intervened and took her to hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42750634

19 January 2018

“He molested Celine’s body while she was dead and then he molested me thinking I was dead. He’s such a psycho.

“I sat up and he said ‘how have you got so much energy?’. I was covered in blood from head to toe. I was swimming in it.

“I started saying things he wanted to hear – I love you, we can run away together, we can be happy together, we can have a family.

“He said ‘I’m not good enough for you, look what I have done’.”

The woman managed to raise the alarm and was rescued by Arshid’s brother who saw her in the back of the defendant’s truck and took her to hospital.

On her ordeal, she told the court: “I’m not going to lie, I was scared for my life. I thought if we get out alive, he cannot get away with this.”

She said Arshid wanted to kill them both so “no-one else can have us”, adding: “It doesn’t make much sense but in his head it made sense.”

From her description, police found the house where the pair had been held, broke open a freezer in the utility room with a crowbar and found Ms Dookhran’s body.

Arshid was arrested at a Holiday Inn in Folkestone and his laptops were examined.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...fter-slitting-throat-court-told-36508057.html

19 January 2018

Internet searches included "chest freezers for sale", "at what temperature does the human body freeze" and "can a person freeze to death".

Arshid also allegedly researched strong pain killers, sulphuric acid, and googled "acid bath murderer" - which led him to the Wikipedia page about John George Haigh.

The notorious killer was hanged in 1949 for brutally murdering six people and disposing of their remains in baths filled with acid.

Prosecutor Crispin Aylett QC told jurors Arshid set up a new Google email address - ineedanacidbath@space.com - after being "inspired" by the monster.

He looked into "human cremation" and "butchering the human carcass", jurors were told.

The builder also allegedly viewed a YouTube video entitled "Woman cut throat".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53814...cle-mujahid-arshid-inspired-acid-bath-killer/

19 January2018

The two women were having sexual relationships with their boyfriends and Mr Arshid decided that if he could not have them sexually then no one could, the Old Bailey was told.

The two young woman had fallen out with their families over their boyfriends and Mr Arshid, from Mitcham, southwest London, used this as an opportunity to kidnap them and make it appear they had run away.

[…]

The woman told police: “He put Celine in the chest freezer. All I saw was her legs sticking out. I had to act like it didn’t affect me. I didn’t shed a tear at all. I had to pretend like she wasn’t there because if he saw my emotions he would kill me.”

The court was told that Mr Arshid drove the woman to meet his brother and when the brother saw her wounds he told her to get out of the pick-up truck. He rushed her to hospital where she told police where the house was and said: “Please go and get Celine out of the freezer.”

When police entered the house in Kingston-upon-Thames, southwest London, they found the body of Miss Dookhran inside the padlocked deep freezer.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...er-in-freezer-i-loved-him-to-escape-b3vd22f8l

19 January 2018

Ms Dookhran's family wept in the Old Bailey as the survivor recounted her experience from her hospital bed, with bandages on her arms.

She told how they were abducted by Ms Dookhran's uncle and an accomplice wielding a taser and bundled into the back of his pick-up truck.

In the police interview, she described hearing screams and thuds as Arshid allegedly killed Ms Dookhran after molesting both women in July last year.

[...]

A post-mortem examination found 5ft 3in tall Ms Dookhran had tape wrapped around her mouth and a sock rammed inside, reducing her ability to breathe.

She had three cuts to the neck, slicing through her voice box.

She died from the combined effect of loss of blood and obstruction to the airways.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...-10-minutes-to-live-court-hears-a3745176.html

20 January 2018

He recruited labourer Vincent Tappu to abduct the pair, wearing balaclavas and gloves, his trial heard.

Bound, gagged and covered in a dust sheet, he allegedly bundled them into the boot of his car and took them to a house he was renovating.

[…]

The defendant had allegedly abused the other woman when she was aged 13 and was "beside himself with rage" that she was going out with someone else, the court heard.

Mr Aylett said: "The evidence in this case shows that, for a period of about three weeks before July 19 last year, the first defendant was planning to kidnap both young women.

[…]

Two days before, Arshid had installed a chest-high deep freezer into the utility room, Mr Aylett said.

Armed with a lock knife, Arshid allegedly raped each woman in turn in an upstairs bedroom.

Mr Aylett said: "The defendant took Celine back upstairs. He cut her throat in the bathroom, most likely with the lock knife.

"With her mouth still stuffed with a sock, Celine died from the combined effect of the restriction of her airways and lost blood."

[…]

The women's mothers became "frantic" with worry when they went missing and eventually the surviving woman was able to ring in and raise the alarm, even though she did not know where she was.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/celine-dookhran-rape-throat-slit-11884535

22 January 2018

Giving evidence, the surviving woman described how she was woken in July last year by a man standing over her wearing pyjamas.

She said: ‘He had a balaclava on he was wearing his glasses and you could see his nose coming through.’

The witness told how their captors later changed clothes and took off their balaclavas once they arrived at the house in Coombes Lane West, Kingston.

She said she managed to find a mobile phone at the property and sent messages to her boyfriend and mother - but warned them not to call the number back.

The last message she sent at 4.41pm to her mother read: ‘He is going to kill me, don’t reply.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-kidnap-victim-sent-mother.html#ixzz55If1ZbyS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

23 January 2018

She rejected claims that she and Miss Dookhran, an aspiring make-up artist, went to the house in Kingston-upon-Thames willingly with Arshid in July last year and had consensual sex with him in an upstairs bedroom.

'He is going to kill me, don’t reply': Haunting text 'kidnap...

The witness told jurors: 'I never went up willingly. He forced me upstairs.'

Ms Khan then suggested that the witness made texts and calls on a phone while Celine went upstairs because she was feeling tired.

The barrister said: 'Had you heard the sound of the defendant [Arshid] having sex with Celine?'

The woman replied: 'I disagree.'

Ms Khan continued: 'When you went upstairs you saw them both getting dressed and you were upset and jealous at what you saw and you started to shout abuse.

'You punched the defendant in the chest and Celine was crying and saying she was sorry. The defendant then left.

'He was outside for about 15 or 20 minutes and when he came back he went upstairs and everything was silent up there.'

The woman said: 'I disagree. What is being said is not the truth.'

Ms Khan said: 'When he went upstairs you were in the bathroom with a knife in your hand and Celine was in the bath and she was bleeding.'

The witness sobbed as she replied: 'Disagree'.

Ms Khan told her: 'You say that he caused the fatal injuries. His case is you caused the fatal injuries.'

The witness, who claims that Arshid also stabbed her after murdering Miss Dookhran, replied: 'I disagree. Why would I do it to myself? I disagree with it completely.'

Ms Khan said: 'He was shouting at you, 'What the hell's happened, what have you done?' At some point you suggested that Celine be put in the freezer.

'You both took her downstairs.'

The witness replied: 'He did that, he dragged her himself.'

Ms Khan suggested that Arshid couldn't carry Celine's body himself because he had suffered a back injury in the past.

The barrister also claimed that after dropping the body on the way down the witness told Arshid: 'She took what's mine.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-murder-surviving-victim.html#ixzz55IqjeChf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
More at link.

24 January 2018

When Mrs Kalyansingh called her husband again and told him she was going to call the police he said: ‘You always do this to me.’

Shortly afterwards he turned up outside her house. ‘I was shouting: “Where are the girls.”

‘He wouldn’t answer me. He was trying to get his stuff. He was trying to get his passport.’

Arshid left and Mrs Kalyansingh then found out the second victim was with his brother and was going to St Georges Hospital in Tooting.

She met up with the victim there who had suffered a 13cm gash to her throat. ‘I could see she had been badly hurt,’ she said.

Arshid fled to a hotel in Folkestone, Kent, and his wife sent him a series of WhatsApp messages.

She told him he would not get away with the crime and was ‘a *advertiser censored**ing psycho.’

He replied: ‘Whatever I am, you made me. You and those *****es.’

Arshid added: ‘A darkness came over me. They attacked me. He claimed the second victim had helped him plan the abduction. Arshid told her he would text her when he arrived in Pakistan but his wife replied: ‘You’re dead to me.’

He then said: ‘So is Celine apparently.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/24/woman...-niece-left-body-freezer-7257292/?ito=cbshare

Giving evidence at the Old Bailey for the first time in this trial, the 21-year-old woman told the jury in between sobs that she was in hospital until July 26 and was operated on twice to treat wounds to her neck and hands.

She described how Arshid had previously sexually abused her for about a year.

She said when he did so in her house, he put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming and used emotional blackmail to get her not to tell anyone about it. "When I finally stood up to him and said 'I will scream' he left the room," she said.

The woman said the sexual abuse happened "every two to three days over the course of roughly a year" and "sometimes he got into her single bed".

The woman was visibly upset in court, at times crying and being handed tissues. At one point she broke down and the case had to be adjourned.

Defending Arshid, Judith Khan QC said that Arshid alleged the woman had once tried to kiss him on the lips. But the woman, who gave evidence behind a screen, denied this and said she never felt comfortable around him. "I don't want to go near him," she said.

She said she did not tell doctors about the abuse as she was "too scared".

When Khan alleged she had had consensual sex with him in the past, she said: "No, that is disgusting."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/nri/other-news/british-indian-woman-breaks-down-as-she-tells-uk-court-how-man-raped-her-murdered-his-own-niece/articleshow/62624966.cms

Absolutely horrendous! Still shaking just from reading all this.

I know defence lawyer is just doing his job, but how can he/she sleep at night with such a statements? If this guy get lenient sentence I will be very upset. It is enough that majority of rape cases in UK are dismissed in court, but seriously... this... I really hope surviving woman will be believed and jury will have some common sense.

By the way, what about the other guy, the hired one? I have not seen anything mentioned about him. Did he play any further role in this? I do hope he is behind bars too.

Absolutely horrendous! Still shaking just from reading all this.

I know defence lawyer is just doing his job, but how can he/she sleep at night with such a statements? If this guy get lenient sentence I will be very upset. It is enough that majority of rape cases in UK are dismissed in court, but seriously... this... I really hope surviving woman will be believed and jury will have some common sense.

By the way, what about the other guy, the hired one? I have not seen anything mentioned about him. Did he play any further role in this? I do hope he is behind bars too.
I believe the other guy was 'just' involved in the initial kidnap.

But yeah, the defence case is horrific. I can't imagine what this poor girl is going through.

And she shouldn't have been giving evidence from behind a screen in court. It should have been pre-recorded on video.

Bit more, his story(ies) is all over the place.

Ms Kalyansingh told the jury her husband claimed in WhatsApp messages that the women "attacked me" after she called him a "psycho".

He added "a darkness came over me" and cast blame on the survivor, claiming she had planned it with him and "it was her idea about Celine".

He also said he was "running away" and would contact his wife when he got to Pakistan, the court heard.

Ms Kalyansingh said Ms Dookhran, 20, had come to live with her and Mr Arshid after having problems with her family about her Libyan boyfriend.

The Old Bailey has heard the day before the alleged kidnap, there was a family meeting about the relationship.

Ms Kalyansingh said before the boyfriend arrived, Mr Arshid produced an axe which he said was "just for safety".

She also told the jury when she spoke to her husband after the women went missing, he suggested they had "run off" with £13,000 of his money.

The court also heard from Ms Dookhran's boyfriend Omar Khmag who said she thought her uncle was "a pervert" and "creepy".

In a written statement, Mr Khmag said she "believed Mujahid had a camera set up in the bathroom" in the family's home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42805817

Well, this is grim. Very brave of the survivor to speak out.

Poor woman, this is so harrowing. I hope she has some good support.

It looks like Arshid is on the stand so there may be some reporting.

Central Criminal Court 11 T20177285Mujahid Arshid
Vincent Hussain Tappu
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:58
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 9 Sworn - 11:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Defendant Sworn - 11:29
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:10 - 13:01

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Central-Criminal-Court.php

[FONT=&amp]CourtNewsUK‏ @CourtNewsUK 56m56 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Accused 'body in the freezer' killer explains he had bought the freezer because he wanted to strip it down to make bio fuel

[/FONT]
@CourtNewsUK 56m56 minutes ago
More

Accused 'body in the freezer' killer explains he had bought the freezer because he wanted to strip it down to make bio fuel

https://twitter.com/CourtNewsUK/status/958328168355594240
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

A builder accused of murdering his niece before stuffing her body in a freezer had fanticised about drugging and sexually abusing the surviving victim more than three years before, a court heard. Mujahid Arshid, 33, was questioned by police in 2014 after he talked to an undercover officer on the internet about seizing a 17 year-old virgin at her home and forcing themselves on her for six hours. But the Crown Prosecution Service decided not to charge Arshid after…

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/sick-fantasies-body-freezer-killer/

The rest of the article is behind a paywall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back