CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
This is awful. I wonder what else we're going to find out.

http://abc7.com/13-kept-shackled-in-foul-perris-home-by-parents-officials-say/2948420/

PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

Media Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Here's the deal.

No sleuthing of other family members. Doesn't matter who was related to which side of the family that invented that thing from England and passed along the patient to the brother on one side of the family do you get my point? Unless the relative has a direct connection to the criminal part of this case please do not sleuth anyone related to these people.

If you make a statement about injuries or a statement of anything and make it sound like a statement of fact without backing up what you say with a link you will be issued a timeout.

No politics.

I think that's it.

Carry on.

Tricia

Sister (who wrote chapters in book compilations) was banned from seeing the kids or speaking to them. Says she's had no cintact for 19 years:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53579...-kids-reveal-their-strange-secret-upbringing/

From your link: " My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time."

Several flights? Why would her parents go to see them after the first time going there and not being told where to go, let alone several times? Wouldn't you think after the first time they would have found out where to go before booking another flight? What she's saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

I have not heard of a motive yet for David and Louise Turpin.

Many injustice collectors are driven by envy and revenge. They come hand in hand. Elliot Rodger, Eric Harris, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, and Osama bin Laden are driven by extreme envy and revenge. They are really determined to get revenge.

It is unknown of David and Louise Turpin were driven by jealousy. It could be possible.

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Terrorists are injustice collectors. It is not the sole reason, but a major factor.

Revisiting Adam Lanza: The Official Sandy Hook Report
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ing-adam-lanza-the-official-sandy-hook-report

Lanza is consumed by pathological envy.

Elliot Rodger-My Twisted World
http://abclocal.go.com/three/kabc/kabc/My-Twisted-World.pdf

Envy is a major theme in Rodger's manifesto.

Seung Hui Cho’s Manifesto
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/cho_manifesto_1.1.pdf

Like Rodger and Lanza, envy consumes Cho.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

It starts at the 20:40 mark from September 2013 Websleuths Radio Interview. Tina Meier, Megan Meier's mother. She is describing Lori Drew as a very talkative person who complained nonstop. She is described as a very unhappy and bitter person in a unhappy marriage. Drew wanted everyone to know her plight and suffering in life. Meier's description of Drew is typical of an injustice collector. We do not know if David and Louise Turpin are constant complainers at this point. They are likely very negative people as they abused their children. Drew and Turpin are abusers, one being psychological, while the other is physical and psychological. Meier's description of Drew is more like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. I would not be surprised to see that describes David and Louise Turpin.

Ricky Vinyard walked through the family’s trailer at the time, and reading reports from California this week reminded him of what he saw.

“It was waist-deep in filth. There were dead dogs and cats in there,” he said, the smell “rancid.”

He found two Chihuahuas that had survived by eating waste from a mound of soiled diapers. The family’s Ford F-150 truck was heaped with the dirty diapers and empty Vienna sausage cans, he said, “It seemed like that’s all they ate.”

The couple had claimed to home-school their children, and the feces-littered living room had the trappings of a makeshift classroom, he said, including eight small desks, a chalkboard, alphabet and number signs stapled to the wall.

As he moved from room to room, he noticed something odd: “Everything had locks on it: The closet had locks, the toy chest, the refrigerator.”

“There were no beds, just mattresses,” he said, and “There wasn’t a place in that house that wasn’t filthy.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-na-perris-texas-20180120-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a link to the msm and not the Facebook link. It won't come up for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This was posted by Neeha Curtis @ Cleveland 19 News, on her FB page. I’ve copied and pasted the full text below.
8bc2b4e2b719afe8c12e9b24a8950725.jpg

* This is a post from someone who was in 3rd grade with the oldest daughter.
—————————————
J—— Turpin was the one girl at Meadowcreek Elementary that nobody wanted to be caught talking to. Every grade level had a designated "cootie kid" and she held the title for our year. She was a frail girl, had pin-straight hair with bangs, and often wore the same purple outfit. She was often made fun of by the other third graders because her clothes would sometimes look as though they had been dragged through mud, which she would also smell like on most days. I distinctly remember my entire third grade class scoffing at her one day because our teacher had asked her to discard a scrunchy she had used to tie her hair out of a discarded tin foil wrapper from an old Hershey's bar. After that year, J—— moved away, and she was forgotten about after we moved on to the the next "cootie kid."

Several years later, after high school, I found myself thinking about her again. I was bored at home and was passing the time by facebook stalking old elementary school classmates to see how they turned out, and I remember searching specifically for J——-. Her name was so distinct that there couldn't be any more than a few people who shared the name, yet no matching results came up. I had naturally assumed that J——- was one of the lucky few who hadn't been bit by the social media bug. I also thought somewhere, somehow, J——- was probably living her best life, showing up all of us gawky third graders in Mrs. Llano's class how far she'd come. She was going to be that person at the reunion looking completely flawless and making six figures while the rest of us tried to conceal our receding hair lines and minimum wage jobs.

I feel like we all kind of have that hope that those people who were marginalized growing up (sometimes by our own hands) somehow grew past those circumstances, and essentially grew up to kick *advertiser censored* in real life. That's what I had hoped for
J——-. That she had used the insults that we hurled at her, the isolation we provided for her, and the ill-looks we gave her and used it as ammunition to forge a successful path in life. I was so sure that was what had happened, but today I was in for a rude awakening (see articles below).

I've been reading these articles and seeing these statements and looking at these pictures, and I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and shame. Of course, none of us are responsible for the events that ensued, but you can't help but feel rotten when the classmate your peers made fun of for "smelling like poop" quite literally had to sit in her own waste because she was chained to her bed. It is nothing but sobering to know that the person who sat across from you at the lunch table went home to squalor and filth while you went home to a warm meal and a bedtime story.

The resounding lesson here is a simple one, something that we're taught from the very beginning: be nice. Teach your children to be nice. If you see someone that's isolated, befriend them. If you see someone that's marginalized, befriend them. If you see someone that's different, befriend them. We can never completely put ourselves in others' shoes nor can we completely understand the circumstances that one is brought up in, but a simple act of kindness and acceptance may be the ray of hope that that person needs. Befriend the J——- Turpins of the world.

J——-, despite being vehemently vilified by her peers, was still one of the most pleasant people I have had the opportunity to meet. She had this whimsical optimism to her that couldn't be dampened, couldn't be doused no matter what anybody threw at her. That cheerful disposition is what makes me certain that J—— will prevail. That one day, I'll remember to facebook stalk her, and see that she is living her best life. That despite being let down by her parents and by her peers alike,
J——- rose above it all. And I'm going to be rooting for her, as her peer, as her classmate, as her friend. J—— Turpin: from "cootie girl" to "conquered the world."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5359201/house-horrors-turpin-family-kids-squalid-texas-home/

—————————————

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cringe every time I see them described that way.

No worries. This “thing” was bothering too many of us, so we discussed this last night and decided on “Survivor 1, 2, 3, etc” with Tricia’s blessing. There is a photo on this thread and on the media thread with each of these dear survivors photoshopped with this designation by AnaPisces. Here it is again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0D26C536-F7B8-473D-8E36-470EABC5CEF3.jpeg
    0D26C536-F7B8-473D-8E36-470EABC5CEF3.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 84
attachment.php
Here is the cropped photo where she looks pregnant to me. Since she has had multiple pregnancies she may look further along than she actually is. I think this coincides with the 2013 Vegas renewal. She is wearing a different dress than the other times and her hair looks the same as this picture in length and color. If this is from the end of 2013, then it would not be the youngest child.

Attachments

• 67D31BF3-BDF1-4577-B4FC-AB4EFA2A9CF1.jpeg
    67D31BF3-BDF1-4577-B4FC-AB4EFA2A9CF1.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 89
Remember, not everyone is going to agree on everything in this thread.

Posters may come to totally different conclusions even after reading the same material.

If a poster does not believe everything the children are saying they have a right to express that. As long as it is expressed in a mature manner and within the guidelines of TOS.

Both have 12 counts of torture

Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

He has 1 lewd act.

Did I count these right? Please check my work.

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801856P
LT charges:
http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801857P

ETA to add links from Kizzykat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Right. He was talking to another student (I believe it was a music class) and they went outside together where his mom was waiting by the van. He asked the mother, "This is ____. Can I be friends with her?" She replied, "Whatever" and they got in the van and left. He never returned to that class again.

There are a few articles with this in it, but the only one I can find right now is the Radar Online article and since it's a gossip rag I'm not sure if I should post the link or not.

Got it

https://radaronline.com/videos/cali...pin-kid-college-classmate-mentally-disturbed/

It says it was an acapella class that ran at 8.30pm

If the link can be allowed I think it fits. I think another news source ran an interview with a schoolfriend of DT and said he took acapella? Or have I mis-remembered? And the time of the class being stated is interesting that it's an evening class.

Like anything we have to decide for ourselves how much of a media article can be believed, but it sounds reasonably believable to me when you add it to other things we've heard.

I was thinking that if the siblings had mostly been on restricted diets (to put it mildly) and never got treats of sugary foods, maybe there have been limited cavities?

But, wisdom teeth is a good point, lots of people have impacted wisdom teeth. And there are other childhood injuries that are normal in growing up, not associated with abuse. I was well looked after and had a bad burn at about 18 months old, then I trapped my fingers in a door when I was about 3 or 4, and both of these incidents required hospital treatment. Then I had things like measles, mumps, rubella, and I needed GP care for those things. Lots of kids break an arm or a leg while playing, or hit their head badly. How could all of the siblings avoid all these normal childhood accidents and illnesses?

We've heard that one child was treated for a dog bit, maybe there was more healthcare in the earlier years and it's just that the siblings have been more restricted in their movements/actions and physically chained too, to avoid many of these things like broken bones in later years. But you can't avoid things like impacted wisdom teeth, you either get them or you don't, and being smaller in stature than they probably would have turned out if not for malnutrition, wouldn't that make impaction more likely if their jaws grew too small for their wisdom teeth to fit in their mouths?

But then there's one sibling who looks like he's missed out on eye treatment. I am wondering if another of them has scoliosis. These things we can conjecture were ignored by LT and DT out of neglect, and I suppose a child crying with toothache or earache would be told to shut up instead of being given a tylenol and taken to a doctor?

An abscessed tooth can be fatal. It can go to the brain. I beliee they may have been fortunate enough to may have inherited good teeth. We see at least two children with eye issues though.

I'm also wondering about their concept of time. I know when my ex became so malnourished, he lost all concept of time. I thought he'd had a stroke, only he hadn't. I thought at one point he was faking, so people would take care of him, but he wasn't. (You'd have to know him...). One of the kids, usually my eldest, would go see him frequently and even stayed with him for awhile before his memory got so bad (he was old enough to choose). I'd call his house, to get in touch with my son, and he'd tell me he hadn't been there. While we were on the phone, my son would come strolling through the room, and his father would say, Well I didn't know you were here!

When we looked back, we saw when it had started. It was very strange. It wasn't until he was hospitalized that we learned of the malnutrition, and the severity. I'd even called in a wellness check, because I knew something wasn't right, and, because our son was staying there, and, thought he should come back home. They came, asked the ex some simple questions, but didn't "talk" to him, and declared him, and his living quarters, just fine. Stunned. I think that they thought I was just a disgruntled ex (anything but).

From the link below: Nutritional Deficiencies (Malnutrition)
"Deficiencies can lead to a variety of health problems.These can include digestion problems, skin disorders, stunted or defective bone growth, and even dementia."

Vitamin A is a group of nutrients crucial for eye health and functioning and reproductive health in men and women. It also plays a part in strengthening the immune system against infections.

B1 deficiency/lack of thiamine.
A lack of thiamine can result in weight loss and fatigue as well as some cognitive symptoms such as confusion and short-term memory loss. Thiamine deficiency can also lead to nerve and muscle damage and can affect the heart. (Often seen in long term alcohol abuse)

Niacin (vitamin B-3) is another mineral that helps the body convert food into energy. A severe deficiency of niacin is often referred to as pellagra... Symptoms of pellagra include diarrhea, dementia, and skin disorders. You can usually treat it with a balanced diet and vitamin B-3 supplements.

B9 Deficiency (Folate) Folate is especially important for fetal development.

Vitamin D Deficiency: A lack of this nutrient can lead to stunted or poor bone growth

Calcium Deficiency: Calcium helps your body develop strong bones and teeth. It also helps your heart, nerves, and muscles work the way they should.

Nutritional Deficiencies (Malnutrition)
https://www.healthline.com/health/malnutrition#causes

In this photo, I green boxed the hands of two of the survivors because of the very long overgrown fingernails on the one (found chained on arrest & rescue day) compared to the other (allowed to take some CC courses).

Attachments

• fingernails1.JPG
    fingernails1.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics