AR - Shannon Ridener, 38, Crossett, 13 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

Dalagali

Reaction score
She hasn't been seen in nearly two weeks, and now the family of 38-year-old Shannon Ridener fears the worst.

Ridener was last seen January 13, when she went to visit her father and stepmother at their home in Crossett.

"She was with someone in a little white car and we've yet to figure out who she was with in that car," said Carolyn Jordan, Ridener's stepmother. "We didn't pay attention - the person didn't get out of the car. We just didn't know to look, or to check and see who she was with."

There was no reason to check who Ridener was with because Jordan and her husband David didn't think it would be the last time they saw their daughter. Unfortunately it was also the last time they would hear from her.

"Her brother had a birthday and she always calls on that," recalled Jordan. "She calls us every day - she's kind of a daddy's girl and she has not called. We just know that's something that's not normal for her."

The Jordan's say the Ashley County Sheriff's Office has been keeping them up to date, working daily leads on the case. But the lead that has Ridener's family so concerned is what a group of kids found nearly an hour from Crossett, underneath a bridge on Highway 63 in Bradley County. What they found was her purse.

"It had her cigarettes, it had her I.D., it had her prescription medicine - everything that she would need," said Jordan.

Her purse had everything except for her cellphone. Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging Ridener's cellphone without much luck, but Jordan said detectives are supposed to be getting their hands on cellphone transcripts to see who Ridener was talking to when she disappeared.

In the meantime the search continues for the mother of three. If you have any information on Ridener's whereabouts or what may have happened to her, you're urged to call the Ashley County Sheriff's Office at (870) 853-2040.

http://katv.com/news/local/family-fears-missing-crossett-woman-may-be-dead-still-holding-out-hope

Video at link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ashley County Sheriff’s Department is seeking information on a missing person.

On Jan. 15, Shannon Jordan Dickerson Ridener, 38, of Crossett was reported missing by her son.

He told deputies that he received a text message from his mother on Jan. 13 saying that she was meeting someone in Louisiana. Since then, he has not seen or heard from her despite trying to contact her several times by phone and by going to her residence.

Deputies have interviewed several people for information, but they have received nothing definitive.

Anyone with any information regarding Ridener’s whereabouts is encouraged to contact the Ashley County Sheriff’s Department at (870) 853-2040.

http://www.ashleycountyledger.com/w...cle_d37c367a-ffb6-11e7-8fb2-1b7dbc3b19bc.html

96711583be0f7c5426ebd142dacdeecd.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Her purse (with possessions) was found at least an hour away, under a bridge.
cda0cc95627ea9a5ec1a92e08f7df5ea.jpg

The Ashley County Sheriff’s Department is seeking information on a missing person.

On Jan. 15, Shannon Jordan Dickerson Ridener, 38, of Crossett was reported missing by her son.

He told deputies that he received a text message from his mother on Jan. 13 saying that she was meeting someone in Louisiana. Since then, he has not seen or heard from her despite trying to contact her several times by phone and by going to her residence.

Deputies have interviewed several people for information, but they have received nothing definitive.

Anyone with any information regarding Ridener’s whereabouts is encouraged to contact the Ashley County Sheriff’s Department at (870) 853-2040.

http://www.ashleycountyledger.com/w...cle_d37c367a-ffb6-11e7-8fb2-1b7dbc3b19bc.html

96711583be0f7c5426ebd142dacdeecd.jpg

Her Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/shannon.ridener.7?ref=content_filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A group of kids found her purse nearly an hour from Crossett, underneath a bridge on Highway 63 in Bradley County.

"It had her cigarettes, it had her I.D., it had her prescription medicine - everything that she would need," her mother said. Everything except for her cellphone. Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging it without much luck, but detectives are getting their hands on cellphone transcripts to see who Ridener was talking to when she disappeared.

http://katv.com/news/local/family-fears-missing-crossett-woman-may-be-dead-still-holding-out-hope

A group of kids found her purse nearly an hour from Crossett, underneath a bridge on Highway 63 in Bradley County.

"It had her cigarettes, it had her I.D., it had her prescription medicine - everything that she would need," her mother said. Everything except for her cellphone. Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging it without much luck, but detectives are getting their hands on cellphone transcripts to see who Ridener was talking to when she disappeared.

Still missing: http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Family-fears-the-worst-for-missing-Crossett-woman-471839153.html

They say Ridener came to their house on January 13th, riding with someone in a small white car.

"I asked her who she was riding with and she just said a friend and I didn't question her anymore," David recalls.

Carolyn says Ridener’s son texted her that night, asking where she was. She said she was on a blind date in Bastrop.

That was the last time anyone heard from Ridener.

"We were saying 'find the blind date find the blind date," Carolyn says.

Police say those texts aren't enough.

"They said 'you don’t know that was her necessarily texting. We are checking out all leads, but just because somebody texts doesn’t mean that's the person actually texting. Someone may have her phone," Carolyn says.

They say the only evidence they have is her purse, which was found in Bradley County, an hour away from Crossett.

"The purse had been thrown off the bridge and I would assume somebody thought they threw it in water but they threw it on the bank," Carolyn describes.

The family fears the worst and I do too.

Doesn't sound good. I went on one blind date in my life. I verified where the guy worked, had his phone number, and gave that, his name, and where we were eating dinner (a very expensive steakhouse) to my best friend. It's good as she had to come get me. He thought LEO was my astrological sign, he liked LEO's he said, and I explained it was actually my line of work. He, and his ankle monitor, as he was under house arrest, fled the restaurant leaving me without a ride and holding the check for the meal not eaten. Lesson learned.

Can someone make a flyer? Is there a flyer? Finally, there is a case that I actually recognize where things are.

He thought LEO was my astrological sign, he liked LEO's he said, and I explained it was actually my line of work. He, and his ankle monitor, as he was under house arrest, fled the restaurant leaving me without a ride and holding the check for the meal not eaten. Lesson learned.

O/T, and with deep apologies to GraceG: this is hilarious.

"Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging Ridener's cellphone without much luck..." ...what an odd way of putting that. Does that mean they've gotten no results? Conflicting results? Pings they can't reconcile with any of the other facts of the case?

"Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging Ridener's cellphone without much luck..." ...what an odd way of putting that. Does that mean they've gotten no results? Conflicting results? Pings they can't reconcile with any of the other facts of the case?
The rest of the sentence is more telling....as well why LE doesn't give out their info. Next thing, they see it in a news article.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Sheriff's investigators have tried pinging Ridener's cell phone without luck, but her stepmother has told other news sources that detectives are supposed to be getting their hands on cellphone transcripts to see who she was talking to when she disappeared."

http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2018/01/missing-womans-purse-found-in-bradley.html

O/T, and with deep apologies to GraceG: this is hilarious.
I thought so, too. It really needs to go on one of those "stupid criminal" websites.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

BRADLEY COUNTY, Ark. - The body of a missing Crossett woman has been found in Bradley County.

That's according to Ashley County Sheriff Tommy Sturgeon.

He says an off-duty Arkansas Game & Fish Commission wildlife officer found the body of Shannon Ridener on Thursday, near Beech Creek, south of Hermitage along U.S. Hwy 63.

Ridener, 38, was reported missing about a month ago. Sheriff Sturgeon says her death is being treated as a homicide.*

He says a man is in jail and considered as a person of interest in the case.

Ridener's body has been sent to the State Crime Lab for an autopsy.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news...-crossett-woman-found-in-bradley-co/977766636

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back