The neighbourhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florentia

Reaction score
What kind of neighbourhood was the one of Delmar street? All the information I have read is contradictory, for some state it was a normal, modest low-middle classed place, while others describe the area as rather dangerous, with some neighbours on the verge of crime. I wonder if there is a criminal record of the place, and how the issue was back in the nineties.

Florentia, as a Springfield area native, born and raised, I would like to offer my two cents....generally speaking, this area isn't what I would consider "the bad part of town". Also, Kickapoo High School isn't what I would consider "the low income school" either. That said, even the high class, big fancy house neighborhoods can have people living there who are up to no good....same as the best high schools in the country may have students who are up to no good.

I know that's kind of vague, but I was 6 in 1992 and nobody else has chimed in. For the most part, Springfield was really quiet in 1992. Was there drugs and crime....sure. But three people disappearing, never to be seen again was unthinkable. That's why this was, and still is, so big in Springfield. At the time, this was something that blew the whole town away!

My opinion only....I still live a couple miles NW of town, I would be happy to help satisfy curiosity any way I can, just send a pm if you like.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. Of course, I agree with you concerning neighbourhoods and their residents...there is nothing absolute in any aspect of life, sorry if you understood I was being someway critical with those who live or attend schools in the low parts of Springfield, I never meant that. I was just wondering about the place, for it really surprises me that some people assert it is rather creepy, while others talk about a kind place... I guess it is just a matter of opinions and impressions. Your word, as a Springfield resident, fits perfectly in my doubts.
By the way, I still think that someone in the neighbourhood knows something about this disappearance. Similarly, I do not believe the obscene phone calls were merely casual.

sorry if you understood I was being someway critical with those who live or attend schools in the low parts of Springfield, I never meant that.

No worries! That wasn't at all how I took your inquiry....just offering what little information I have. ��

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member