TN TN - Alice Sullivan, 20, Nashville, 28 Aug 1986

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Alice Mae Sullivan
Davidson County, Tennessee
20 year old black/african american female

Height: 62 inches
Weight: 90 lbs

Black Hair
Brown Eyes

Circumstances: Alice Mae Sullivan has been missing since August 28, 1986.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18/

[h=1]Alice Mae Sullivan[/h]
  • alice_mae_sullivan_1.jpg
  • alice_mae_sullivan_2.jpg
  • alice_mae_sullivan_3.jpg
Sullivan, circa 1986

• Missing Since 08/28/1986
  • Missing From Nashville, Tennessee
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 08/03/1966 (51)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 90 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Black jeans, a white shirt and a black silk jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies give Sullivan's name as "Alicia." Her ears are pierced.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Sullivan was a sophomore business major at Tennessee State University in Nashville, Tennessee in 1986. She moved from Gallatin, Tennessee with her three-year-old son and they lived with her boyfriend at Town Terrace Apartments at the time of her disappearance.

Sullivan left her home that morning, dropped her son off at preschool, and then attended an 8:00 a.m. class. After class she stopped to visit a friend at a dormitory room in Hankal Hall on the university's campus. Her friend stated that she last saw Sullivan at approximately 10:00 a.m., when her friend left Sullivan alone in the dorm room to attend her own class.

Sullivan had another class from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m., but never showed up for it. She was last seen walking near the university's Gentry Center.

Sullivan's parents traveled to Nashville the next day to report her disappearance, after her boyfriend told them she hadn't picked up her son from his preschool and hadn't come home the previous night.

The police suggested Sullivan had simply decided to drop out of sight for a few days and would return of her own volition. They allowed her parents to stay in her apartment and wait for her, which contaminated a possible crime scene.

The maintenance man at Town Terrace Apartments in 1986 was friends with Sullivan; he is now in prison for rape and murder. He's considered a person of interest in Sullivan's disappearance, as is Sullivan's boyfriend, but authorities don't have sufficient evidence to bring charges against anyone or name any suspects.

Foul play is suspected in Sullivan's case; she was very close to her parents and they don't believe she would have left without warning. She made good grades in college and paid her way through school with a job at Burger King. Her case remains unsolved.

http://charleyproject.org/case/alice-mae-sulliva

GALLATIN, Tenn. (WTVF) — A Tennessee State University student and young mother mysteriously disappeared, and 36 years later, her family is still waiting for answers.

Alice Sullivan grew up in Gallatin and attended Gallatin High School. She enrolled in classes at TSU, pursuing a major in business. Her mother said she had a bright future ahead of her.

"She said, 'when I get me a good job, I am going to take care of you,'" recalled Lilly Sullivan, Alice's mother. "She was all about going to school."

The 20-year-old also had a 3-year-old son and was very close with her family.

"Me and her were best friends and daughter and mother all round up in one," said Lilly Sullivan

In August of 1986, Alice was living with her boyfriend at the Town Terrace apartments not far from the TSU campus. She was just starting her sophomore year. On August 28, 1986, Metro Police said Alice dropped her son off with a neighbor in the morning and left for school. She attended her 8 a.m. class and visited with friends at the Hankal Hall dormitory, but did not attend her 1 p.m. class. She was last seen walking on campus near the Gentry Center.

Lilly Sullivan said she knew something was wrong when she didn't receive her normal nightly phone call from Alice.

"It's strange when she don’t call me," said Lilly Sullivan. "She would call me at night, sometimes twice. I said, 'you are going to have my telephone bill sky high.'"

Lilly said she called Alice's apartment and her boyfriend answered and said Alice hadn't come home the night before, and he was watching her son. Lilly said this was odd because Alice had said in the past she didn't want to leave her son with her boyfriend.
More at link:

Alice Mae Sullivan was a sophomore at Tennessee State University. She lived with her boyfriend and 3-year-old son at Town Terrace Apartments at the time of her disappearance.

According to police, Sullivan left for school at about 8 a.m. on August 28, 1986. She was supposed to return at 1 p.m. but hasn’t been seen since that morning.

Authorities suspect that foul play may have been involved in her disappearance.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1705029212893.png

Demographics​

Missing Age 20 Years
Current Age 57 Years
Legal First Name Alice
Middle Name Mae
Legal Last Name Sullivan
Chosen Name/Nickname/Alias--

Biological Sex Female
Height 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight 90 lbs
Race / Ethnicity Black / African American

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact August 28, 1986
NamUs Case Created December 12, 2008

Last Known Location Map

Location Nashville, Tennessee
County Davidson County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Disappearance Alice Mae Sullivan has been missing since August 28, 1986.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Black
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description Brown

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online