Found Alive TX - Wilson Stratton, 17, Houston, 19 Jan 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A missing 17-year-old Houston boy has sparked a Texas EquuSearch hunt amid fears of a possible abduction. Wilson Stratton, 17, was last spotted at a River Oaks-area gas station on Jan. 19. Given the gas station's proximity to the upscale neighborhood, the boy's family worried about the possibility of ransom demands and hesitated to come forward sooner for fear of putting their son in danger.

Typically ransom demands come in within a few days of a disappearance. But after nearly two weeks with no call or clue, the Strattons this weekend finally decided to go public and launch a search.

The teen was wearing a green and white fishing shirt, gray gym shorts and white tennis shoes when he was seen on surveillance video.

He has no history of running away.

920x920.jpg

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...nch-hunt-for-17-year-old-missing-12531884.php

Why do they think it was an abduction? I feel like that's a semi-rare claim for men/boys.

I wonder about cell phone pings?

His poor family must be frantic. Glad to see Tim Miller is on the case.

I wonder if the gas station had video that showed something suspicious.

Why do they think it was an abduction? I feel like that's a semi-rare claim for men/boys.

In the article in the first post, it mentioned that he was at the gas station that was in their upscale neighborhood. Perhaps they are rich and hence why they might think he was abducted for a ransom?

Something is missing in the details here. His family waited for a ransom demand before calling the cops to report him missing? He's 17 years old! I am sure the police would have helped them keep it quiet if they suspected that someone would harm him if a ransom was made.

Something is very hinky with this story, sorry, folks.

Wait a minute- he's been missing since January 19- yet the family states they waited two weeks to report him missing? Today is the 28th- that's nine days! Has he been missing for 9 or 14 days?

I smell a dirty rat with this one.

"They've done every bit of research they can do," he said. "They've been working around the clock for nine days. And so now they fear that maybe possibly something else has happened."

This statement makes me think they might have hired a private firm to investigate his disappearance before calling police. This is really strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circle is location of Exxon station. A lot of houses....
c9a0d274f605bc2bddcc1461c6b7a83c.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I still want to know why the family thought that someone would demand a ransom. That is so odd, unless someone in their family was involved in something illegal. Just my opinion, but this sounds very fishy to me.

From his FB, it looks like he drove an Aston Martin. If so, his family is very wealthy and it makes sense that they thought it might be a ransom kidnapping.

It does look like his family is wealthy. His older brother attended a boarding school in Connecticut where tuition is $57,000 a year. I don't know where Wilson attended school though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wait a minute- he's been missing since January 19- yet the family states they waited two weeks to report him missing? Today is the 28th- that's nine days! Has he been missing for 9 or 14 days?

I smell a dirty rat with this one.

Ditto! There is NO WAY they didn’t publicize this because they thought he was abducted. Best case scenario wealthy parents didn’t want the world to know their son had run off. Many worse cases to imagine, including that he was disowned for some reason.

From his FB, it looks like he drove an Aston Martin. If so, his family is very wealthy and it makes sense that they thought it might be a ransom kidnapping.

I didn’t get that at all from looking at his Facebook. He has his profile and cover photos set to Aston Martin stock photos. My son has the same thing, except his is Ferrari. Either way, my son doesn’t own one!
Not trying to be snippy. Just pointing that out since this is such a baffling case.

Speaking of his Facebook...I was able to find his brother’s and father’s pages too. Just looking at it I did not get the impression that this family was extremely wealthy. It doesn’t appear that way just based on the photos and posts that are public. I believe his mother passed away from cancer and his father is raising him and his 3 brothers. JMO hope I didn’t break any rules by going there With the family. It’s nothing that no one else couldn’t find easily.

Hope he’s okay and comes home soon. He is very loved and missed by his family.

I don't think it's cool to insinuate any wrongdoing by the family at this point. There could be stuff we don't know. At this point his family are victims.

I don't think it's cool to insinuate any wrongdoing by the family at this point. There could be stuff we don't know. At this point his family are victims.

If you’re responding to me, I never said the family was involved. At all.
I said I found their Facebook profiles and don’t feel they’re extremely wealthy. As well as this kid doesn’t appear to own an Aston Martin.

I didn’t get that at all from looking at his Facebook. He has his profile and cover photos set to Aston Martin stock photos. My son has the same thing, except his is Ferrari. Either way, my son doesn’t own one!
Not trying to be snippy. Just pointing that out since this is such a baffling case.

Speaking of his Facebook...I was able to find his brother’s and father’s pages too. Just looking at it I did not get the impression that this family was extremely wealthy. It doesn’t appear that way just based on the photos and posts that are public. I believe his mother passed away from cancer and his father is raising him and his 3 brothers. JMO hope I didn’t break any rules by going there With the family. It’s nothing that no one else couldn’t find easily.

Hope he’s okay and comes home soon. He is very loved and missed by his family.

Not sure if he really drives an Aston Martin but the family's home in Houston is appraised for 5.8 million so they are definitely wealthy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back