GA - Brentley Gore, 3, beaten to death, Villa Rica, 23 Jan 2018 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Brentley Gore, 3, died Sunday afternoon at the hospital. Arrested in the case is 21-year-old Joshua Richards, the child's stepfather, the son of a Carollton Police Chief.

Authorities responded to the Hickory Falls Apartments this past Tuesday morning after a report of an injured child. Police said the mother noticed bruises when she went to wake the boy up Tuesday morning.

The child was airlifted to an Atlanta-area hospital with multiple skull fractures.

An investigation determined that Richards caused the injuries, using a belt.

Richards was charged with aggravated assault, aggravated battery, cruelty to children in the first degree and possession of marijuana. Murder charges are now expected later Sunday or Monday.

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...-by-carrollton-police-chiefs-son/85-512184360

Fractured skull from a belt...this was an extremely vicious attack, poor boy.

Bringing this over from another thread posted by YESorNO:

Georgia police chief's son, 21, weeps in court as he's charged with murder for 'beating his three-year-old stepson to death with a BELT'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-stepson.html

"Joshua Richards, 21, charged with murder in beating death of three-year-old Brentley Gore

Brentley died of severe head trauma on Sunday, just days after suffering a beating as his mother slept in another room.

Richards' attorney alleged the toddler's death resulted from an accidental fall

Richards works for a home security company and is the son of the Carrollton, Georgia, chief of police

Richards and Brentley's mother have been married for only eight months; the woman is two months pregnant with their first child together...."

My bold above - as I said on the other thread - if this little boy was being beaten with a BELT (!!!) I would believe he would be screaming bloody murder, and the "mother" stays asleep??? I'm not buying this story....

:candle: RIP Brentley

Yup no way Mom slept through her son being violently beaten in the next room:(

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I live in the area. While I think the stepfather did beat the son to death I highly doubt it was with a belt. That seems to be him wanting to distance himself, even if ever so slightly, from killing him with his bare hands. I believe he beat him to death with his fists or threw him up against something.

Why would anyone think it's ok to use a belt on a three year old child...

Bringing this over from another thread posted by YESorNO:

Georgia police chief's son, 21, weeps in court as he's charged with murder for 'beating his three-year-old stepson to death with a BELT'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-stepson.html

"Joshua Richards, 21, charged with murder in beating death of three-year-old Brentley Gore

Brentley died of severe head trauma on Sunday, just days after suffering a beating as his mother slept in another room.

Richards' attorney alleged the toddler's death resulted from an accidental fall

Richards works for a home security company and is the son of the Carrollton, Georgia, chief of police

Richards and Brentley's mother have been married for only eight months; the woman is two months pregnant with their first child together...."

My bold above - as I said on the other thread - if this little boy was being beaten with a BELT (!!!) I would believe he would be screaming bloody murder, and the "mother" stays asleep??? I'm not buying this story....

:candle: RIP Brentley

It is disgusting to see that monster weep for himself knowing the suffering he caused to the prescious Brentley. There is no way in heck his mother slept through this.

When a mom has a toddler in the next room, she sleeps very lightly. I have never known a Mom with a 3 yr old, that didn't wake up if they heard strange or loud sounds coming from the child's room.

And Mom was pregnant, so I doubt she was drunk or high.

Very hard to believe she sleep through this horrible assault.

I see he had an arraignment on Jan. 29th - anything further on any more court dates?

Following this one....

TIA!

Why would anyone think it's ok to use a belt on a three year old child...

Its incomprehensible to me.

However, this sweet little boy could have sustained these injuries if the hit him with the metal buckle part of the belt. :(

I see he had an arraignment on Jan. 29th - anything further on any more court dates?

Following this one....

TIA!

Joshua Richards was led into a courtroom in a lime-green jail garb, with handcuffs on his wrists and shackles around his ankles. Courtroom footage showed him weeping while answering the judge's questions.

Richards' attorney claimed the toddler's death was the result of an accidental fall when his stepfather dropped him while his wife was asleep.

The frantic 911 call had been placed by Brentley's mother when she noticed injuries on her child’s head and could not wake him up in the morning. Investigators believe the woman was asleep in another room during the attack on her son, which left him with multiple skull fractures.

The man made his initial court appearance on Wednesday and was denied bond.

Richards works for a home security company headquartered in Tennessee. He and Brentley’s mother got married last June, and the woman is now two months pregnant with her second child.

48B4D41C00000578-5324095-Final_photo_Richards_final_Facebook_post_dated_December_8_2017_f-a-1_1517245324255.jpg

Final photo on Richards' Facebook - posted December 8, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-charged-killing-stepson.html#ixzz55m0Er2u5

I have some questions. The call to the EMT’s came at 10:00AM on aTuesday morning. Is it customary for the whole family to sleep in on a work day? Does the stepfather work second shift? The timimg seems odd to me.

This was a rage killing. They are rarely silent. How big is this apartment that the Mother hears nothing...no cries of pain from her baby...no sounds of fury from her killer husband?

I find it unlikely that this was the first time this child was beaten and that the Mother was unaware. The stepfather had a troubled history but seemed, according to his social media, to be totally besotted with his bride...for years. Would he risk losing her by beating her child...if he thought a beating would have that-consequence?

This was a STEP CHILD to him and they were expecting their child in several months. STEP CHILDREN are FREQUENTLY expendable in so many of these recent cases. It's absolutely sickening the number of children we've lost recently to similar circumstances.

“The baby had multiple marks, bruises all over his body and a large knot over his eyebrows,” the judge said in court. The judge also noted that the child had massive injuries to both sides of his brain.

Richards denied hurting his stepson on purpose. He said he dropped the child while his wife was asleep. “He does admit to disciplining the child, as he was, in fact, living with the child for a number of months while he was in his custody,” said Richards’ defense attorney. “But at this point, he’s made no indication that he’s ever abused this child in any way,”

http://people.com/crime/georgia-police-chief-son-allegedly-beat-3-year-old-belt/

Can someone link his Facebook page for me?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dropped him? He is 3 - I assume that is him in the pic posted above - and a big boy.

Dropped him my butt. I can not imagine this mother's grief.

When a mom has a toddler in the next room, she sleeps very lightly. I have never known a Mom with a 3 yr old, that didn't wake up if they heard strange or loud sounds coming from the child's room.

And Mom was pregnant, so I doubt she was drunk or high.

Very hard to believe she sleep through this horrible assault.

Any thoughts on why msm isn't naming Brentley's mother? I agree that it's hard to swallow that she was asleep while Josh was beating this poor little boy to death. I do understand that currently she's considered a victim - I'm trying to understand how she slept through what was probably a prolonged and loud beating.

IMO this was not the first time Josh "disciplined" Brentley. It's sad that it only took 7 months before the little guy was dead.

I really hate it when they have an article and don't tell you the next court date..... Don't they know people are following this case!!??!!
Sorry for the rant.... :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back