NC NC - Carlton Edmondson, 30, Burke County, 19 Jan 2018 *Guilty*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=3]Fourth arrest made in Burke Co kidnapping, victim still missing[/h]
15912591_G.jpg

Carlton Lamaar Edmonson is still missing after he was reportedly kidnapped, assaulted, and left in a wooded are of Tennessee (Burke County Sheriff's Office)
On Saturday, James Parker Combs, 30, was arrested in Watauga County on a fugitive warrant from Tennessee, and is accused of aggravated kidnapping.

Combs was charged with conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and his bond is $250,000.

On Friday, Michael Stacey James May, 39, was taken to the Watauga County Jail and held on an extradition warrant out of Tennessee. He is charged in TN with conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping.

Authorities say the "intense investigation" involves several counties in both TN and NC. They did not say what evidence led to May's arrest.

The investigation began on Jan. 19 when the family of 30-year-old Carlton Lamaar Edmondson contacted the Valdese Police Department. The family said they got phone calls from an unknown person saying Carlton - their son - had been kidnapped.

The caller was reportedly demanding money in exchange for Edmondson's return.
Read More: http://www.wbtv.com/story/37359205/fourth-arrest-made-in-burke-co-kidnapping-victim-still-missing

5a6e268e72cfe.image.jpg

James Parker Combs

Combs is being held in a Watauga County jail pending extradition to Tennessee, the release said.

The arrest came the day after Michael Stacey James May, 39, of Watauga County, was charged with the same crime and given the same bond, WCSO Capt. Dee Dee Rominger said.

May’s mother, Nancy May, spoke with WSOC-TV about her son’s alleged actions.

“I can’t make no excuses for him or nobody else,” she said. “But I do hope they get their son back and he can be home with them.”

Robert Leroy Littleton III, 30, of Fleetwood N.C., originally was charged with first-degree kidnapping for his alleged involvement before his wife, LeighKatherine Mina, 30, of Boone, was charged with the same. Both were given a $200,000 bond.

Littleton previously told officers he took Edmondson, 30, of Burke County, to a remote location in Tennessee, assaulted him and left him, according to law enforcement. Edmondson’s mother, Lanisha Kincaid, said the family received calls asking for $700 to return him.

Authorities had not released any information about Edmondson’s whereabouts as of 2 p.m. Sunday.
http://www.morganton.com/news/fourt...cle_7e5f5036-0462-11e8-bdb1-7f0539e2dc9c.html

5a6b851497e0a.image.jpg

Michael Stacey James May

Michael Stacey James May, 39, of Watauga County, was charged in Watauga County and placed in jail under a $250,000 bond Thursday for conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping, said Capt. Dee Dee Rominger of the Watauga County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers with WCSO arrived at May’s home and served a fugitive warrant from Tennessee, Rominger said. May was cooperative and was brought before a local magistrate, who gave him his bond.

WCSO has been asked to assist the Burke County Sheriff’s Office, Johnson County Sheriff’s Office and the State Bureau of Investigation with the case. Rominger said the Federal Bureau of Investigation also has been consulted, but she is unsure of its involvement in the case.
http://www.morganton.com/news/third...cle_1509d1de-02d1-11e8-95ed-b30876c00256.html

kidnapping-composite.jpg

Leigh Mina, left, and Robert Littleton III, center, have been charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Carlton Edmondson, right. (Burke County Sheriff's Office)
Littleton was arrested in Mountain City, Tenn., after being interviewed. He is charged with first-degree kidnapping and being a fugitive from justice. He was extradited back to North Carolina and booked on Thursday.

Investigators say they learned during the interview that Edmondson had been taken to a remote location in Tennessee, assaulted, and left there.

Tuesday night detectives arrested Littleton’s wife, Leigh Katherine Mina, and charged her with first-degree kidnapping as well.

WBTV was there when officials took Leigh Littleton into custody. When asked if Edmondson was still alive or if she wanted to say anything to the family, she remained silent.

Edmondson is described as a black male, 5 feet 9 inches tall, and about 250 lbs. He has black hair and brown eyes.
http://wncn.com/2018/01/25/two-charged-in-nc-kidnapping-victim-still-missing/

Another picture of Carlton:
cache.php

Investigators say Edmondson had been taken to a remote location in Tennessee, assaulted, and left.

WSOC TV reports authorities said there is cellphone video of Edmondson getting beat up.

Edmondson is 5’09”, approximately 250 lbs, with black hair, and brown eyes. Anyone who may have information about his whereabouts should contact the Burke County Sheriff’s Office at (828) 438-5500 or Morganton/Burke Crimestoppers at (828) 437-3333.
https://www.goblueridge.net/news/37487-fleetwood-man-charged-with-kidnapping-burke-county-man

It’s been over a week since investigators said Carlton Lamaar Edmondson, 30, was kidnapped and abandoned somewhere in Tennessee.

Edmondson's parents told Channel 9 that they received a half-dozen ransom demands about a week ago, but they haven't seen their son since.

"My worst fear is that he's never found. My greatest hope is he's still alive and they'll return him home to me," his mother, Lanisha Kincaid, said.
Eyewitness News reporter Dave Faherty was the only Charlotte TV reporter to cross state lines into Tennessee and see firsthand where crews have searched.

Neighbors along Canter Road near Trade, Tennessee, showed Faherty where a police helicopter circled for hours. It's a remote area with very steep terrain.
"It's mountainous. It's what they call backwoods," neighbor Johnny Porter said. "You could hide a tank up there and it would take forever to find it."

Faherty went to May's house, which is a few miles from the search scene. His mother Nancy May said that Edmondson was at her home last Friday and helped her move some bags of trash. She fears her son may somehow be involved in the alleged kidnapping and had a message for Edmondson's parents.

"I can't make no excuses for him or nobody else. But I do hope they get their son back and he can be home with them," Nancy May said.
http://wlos.com/news/local/4th-person-arrested-in-kidnapping-case-abandoned-victim-still-missing

This is truly disturbing...what connection did they have with the victim?...or was it just a random kidnapping? (The thought of which is even more disturbing!)...Those people are seriously depraved and callous! I hope they find Edmonson soon!

Man, I swear so called “journalists” really get my goat!...Duh! Is it really any wonder, that when Leigh Littleton was doing the perp walk, and a reporter shouted out in her direction (likely with a microphone shoved in her face or at her), “if Edmondson was still alive or if she had anything to say to the family”, she “remained silent”...*SHEESH*...she’s just been arrested, and is perp walking, doesn’t know this reporter from adam...I mean, it’s NOT like she (or any suspected criminal) is going to start yelling answers back..*shakes head*...just a sad sack attempt at sensationalism!...I mean it’s one thing to be sitting down with detectives in a formal interview, being asked similar questions, and refusing to answer LE’s direct questions, and at that time..’choosing’.. to remain silent when she could give LE vital information as to Edmondson’s location...quite another to be accosted while trying to walk with your hands cuffed and being lead by a stranger into custody...

Just to make it clear, I am NOT defending that ‘suspected’ she is...but rather, I’m condemning the carp ‘journalism’...which makes it seem like she was refusing to disclose information about the case...*sighs*...*shrugs*
Hopefully, future details of this case which they/the paper & media (& this reporter) cover, won’t be so intentionally skewed...

Again, Hoping that LE is able to glean some valid intel and to find Edmondson soon!...(I’m kind of hoping some of the bruises those two are sporting came from Edmondson getting his own with them!)...

All of the above is simply, and only, ever my own thoughts, views, perspectives, and presumptions, or opinion, unless, I otherwise indicate with a reference website URL and/or I reference a specific outside source...Thanks!✌️[emoji851]

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

How did the kidnappers know the victim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputies searched an area in Trade, Tennessee where the property owner says they used drones, a chopper and walked on foot for nearly 12 hours.

He says deputies located footprints that led into a trail but suddenly stopped.

Edmondson's family says they are praying he comes home soon.
Michael May and James Combs are both in Watauga County Jail waiting to extradited to Tennessee.
Robert Littleton and his wife Leighkatherine Mina are both in Burke County Jail.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nc/charlotte/news/2018/01/28/edmondson-latest-watauga-arrest

Best I can tell, all 4 of those arrested have records with NC Dept. of Public Safety. Katherine Littleton's name is also listed as Leigh Mina and Leigh Katherine Mina (maiden name?) in this article -- http://wncn.com/2018/01/25/two-charg...still-missing/

This is a weird one, IMO. What in the world does all this stuff mean? Kidnapping?

How did the kidnappers know the victim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How they know him is unclear at this time, however, this article says Carlton recently helped the mother of one of the suspects move bags of trash:
Faherty went to May's house, which is a few miles from the search scene. His mother Nancy May said that Edmondson was at her home last Friday and helped her move some bags of trash. She fears her son may somehow be involved in the alleged kidnapping and had a message for Edmondson's parents.

"I can't make no excuses for him or nobody else. But I do hope they get their son back and he can be home with them," Nancy May said.

http://wlos.com/news/local/4th-person-arrested-in-kidnapping-case-abandoned-victim-still-missing

Maybe they are neighbors? :thinking:

“They*wanted $700,” said Lanisha Kincaid, Lamaar’s mom.

That is an unusual amount, says Sheriff Steve Whisenant. He explained, there are details about the situation he cannot go into at this time. In any case, the family says the kidnappers were apparently beating*Lamaar during one phone call.

At one point the victim was allowed*to talk to his family. Robert Pearson, his father, says his son was begging. “Please help me, I’m sorry, “ and later added, “They are going to kill me.” *

Pearson says in the last ransom call when he explained he could not give the kidnappers all that they wanted, he said the man on the other end of the call did not argue.

http://m.wbtv.com/story/37332826/family-of-kidnap-victim-recounts-chilling-ransom-calls

This is really weird. Why $700?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Meth

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Likely -- there are not a lot of jobs up in the mountain areas for HS-level (yes, making an assumption here) or for those who might have a criminal record (although the quick check I made with NC Dept. P.S. cited misdemeanors with this bunch). IF it's meth -- we all know how meth sells, and there are lots of hide-outs in the mountain areas. Further, the folks who have family going back generations are very clannish & close-mouthed with folks they don't know. A good work friend of mine grew up in that area, and told me lots about the "mountain folk" -- they're close, proud of their ability to be fairly self-sustaining, etc. He was full of amazing stories -- let's not forget Eric Rudolph, the Atlanta Olympic bomber, who spent five years on the FBI Most Wanted Fugitves list. My work pal said folks up there were probably helping him hide and providing food.

So who knows what happened up there? LE needs to find him soon.
I don't like this one. Did he know them, or was he simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? It's very worrisome for Edmondson and his family. IMO.

Could he have owed them money and told them his parents would pay debt?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back