CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
This is awful. I wonder what else we're going to find out.

http://abc7.com/13-kept-shackled-in-foul-perris-home-by-parents-officials-say/2948420/

PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

Media Thread

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread#8

Here's the deal.

No sleuthing of other family members. Doesn't matter who was related to which side of the family that invented that thing from England and passed along the patient to the brother on one side of the family do you get my point? Unless the relative has a direct connection to the criminal part of this case please do not sleuth anyone related to these people.

If you make a statement about injuries or a statement of anything and make it sound like a statement of fact without backing up what you say with a link you will be issued a timeout.

No politics.

I think that's it.

Carry on.

Tricia

Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

Looking at the case so far, the surface is just being scratched. I suspect the abuse had been going on before 2010.

I saw 20/20 about David and Louise Turpin. I think they could be injustice collectors.

Injustice Collectors
http://www.psybersquare.com/family/family_injustice.html

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors:
1.) Injustice Collectors are convinced that they are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It is simple: They are always right.

2.) Injustice Collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3.) Injustice Collectors truly believe that they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others chronically do not hold themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4.) Injustice Collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combined legislator, police, and judge and jury of

5.) Injustice Collectors never worry about what is wrong with themselves as their "bad list" grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6.) Injustice Collectors are never upset by the disparity of their rules for others with their own expectations of themselves.

7.) Injustice Collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

David and Louise Turpin show all seven characteristics.

Here are more with 20 characteristics
http://www.lisaescott.com/forum/2009/11/25/are-they-injustice-collector

Characteristics of Injustice Collectors

1. Injustice collectors are never wrong. How is it possible that they are never wrong? It's simple: They are always right.

2. Injustice collectors never apologize. Ever. For anything.

3. Injustice collectors truly believe they are morally and ethically superior to others and that others seem incapable of holding themselves to the same high standards as the injustice collector does.

4. Injustice collectors make the rules, break the rules and enforce the rules of the family. They are a combination of legislator, police, judge and jury to those they consider their subjects. They forever banish from their kingdom any subject they deem disloyal, and only grant clemency if there is sufficient (in their eyes) contrition.

5. Injustice collectors never worry about what is wrong with them as their "bad" list grows. Their focus is always on the failings of others.

6. Injustice collectors are never troubled by the disparity between their rules for others and their own expectations of themselves. Injustice collectors rationalize their own behavior with great ease and comfort.

7. Injustice collectors have an external orientation; the problem always exists in the world, outside of themselves, and in their view, the world would be an acceptable place if their rules and standards were followed at all times.

8. Injustice collectors do not have a capacity for remorse, empathy or guilt.

9. Injustice collectors scoff at the idea of therapy, therapists, self-help books, and other tools used by people who struggle to live with them.

10. The phrase "walking on eggshells" describes life with an injustice collector.

11. The IC (injustice Collector) will prey upon your weaknesses to frame all issues in their terms.

12. IC's will always cry foul when you are 'mean' to them and accuse you of being nasty when you are confronting them with their negative behavior.

13. They are titanically insecure and cannot trust anyone. All relationships they have, even with their own parents and children and trustless and must be reinforced by subordination over and over.

14. They can only strengthen relationships through imprisoning their mates and banning behaviors and other relationships. Friends and family are a huge threat to the IC.

15. They must repetitively revisit situations where you service them, give in to them and agree with them. They will over time shrink your world to a small plot of empty activities that only they like. They are terrified of travel, meeting new people, understanding new concepts and paroling you from any punishment they have previously 'convicted' you of.

16. They do not care about you at all, they care about aggrandizing themselves with you as an assistant producer.

17. They will occasionally do something for you, but if you are not completely brainwashed, it will be a negative experience for you in the end. Example is throwing you a birthday party. I guarantee you will not have fun at your own party.

18. They will force you to choose between them and other things you like or love. The more you choose them, the more they will make you choose them over and over. They do not understand the concept of loyalty at all.

19. Hypocrisy is their modus operandi for debating and arguing with you. Everything they say about you is true about them. (aka Projection) It makes it so you try to 'win' fights by getting them to agree with you, which they never can because their whole position is false.

20. Your life will disappear into their lives. Your hopes and dreams will fade, even in your own mind. You will eat what they want, you will watch what they want on TV, you will vacation where they want, or not at all.

David and Louise Turpin show all twenty characteristics.

Injustice collectors are often very controlling as they are paranoid. They are prone to extreme anger and in some cases extreme violence.

Injustice collectors are usually seen in mass killers and terrorists like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. There are many abusers who are considered injustice collectors like Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, Eliza Baker, Kayla Narey, and Theresa Knorr.

This what I think. I am sure we will hear more about them.

I have not heard of a motive yet for David and Louise Turpin.

Many injustice collectors are driven by envy and revenge. They come hand in hand. Elliot Rodger, Eric Harris, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, and Osama bin Laden are driven by extreme envy and revenge. They are really determined to get revenge.

It is unknown of David and Louise Turpin were driven by jealousy. It could be possible.

On Wound Collectors
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spycatcher/201509/wound-collectors

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

The Dangerous Injustice Collector: Behaviors of Someone Who Never Forgets, Never Forgives, Never Lets Go, and Strikes Back!
http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/vio.2014.1509

Identifying The Next Mass Murderer—Before It’s Too Late
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ntifying-the-next-mass-murderer-it-s-too-late

Psychology of Terrorism - National Criminal Justice Reference Service
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/208552.PDF

Terrorists are injustice collectors. It is not the sole reason, but a major factor.

Revisiting Adam Lanza: The Official Sandy Hook Report
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ing-adam-lanza-the-official-sandy-hook-report

Lanza is consumed by pathological envy.

Elliot Rodger-My Twisted World
http://abclocal.go.com/three/kabc/kabc/My-Twisted-World.pdf

Envy is a major theme in Rodger's manifesto.

Seung Hui Cho’s Manifesto
https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/cho_manifesto_1.1.pdf

Like Rodger and Lanza, envy consumes Cho.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

It starts at the 20:40 mark from September 2013 Websleuths Radio Interview. Tina Meier, Megan Meier's mother. She is describing Lori Drew as a very talkative person who complained nonstop. She is described as a very unhappy and bitter person in a unhappy marriage. Drew wanted everyone to know her plight and suffering in life. Meier's description of Drew is typical of an injustice collector. We do not know if David and Louise Turpin are constant complainers at this point. They are likely very negative people as they abused their children. Drew and Turpin are abusers, one being psychological, while the other is physical and psychological. Meier's description of Drew is more like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Elliot Rodger, and Osama bin Laden. I would not be surprised to see that describes David and Louise Turpin.

I cringe every time I see them described that way.

No worries. This “thing” was bothering too many of us, so we discussed this last night and decided on “Survivor 1, 2, 3, etc” with Tricia’s blessing. There is a photo on this thread and on the media thread with each of these dear survivors photoshopped with this designation by AnaPisces. Here it is again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0D26C536-F7B8-473D-8E36-470EABC5CEF3.jpeg
    0D26C536-F7B8-473D-8E36-470EABC5CEF3.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 87
attachment.php
Here is the cropped photo where she looks pregnant to me. Since she has had multiple pregnancies she may look further along than she actually is. I think this coincides with the 2013 Vegas renewal. She is wearing a different dress than the other times and her hair looks the same as this picture in length and color. If this is from the end of 2013, then it would not be the youngest child.

Attachments

• 67D31BF3-BDF1-4577-B4FC-AB4EFA2A9CF1.jpeg
    67D31BF3-BDF1-4577-B4FC-AB4EFA2A9CF1.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 84
Remember, not everyone is going to agree on everything in this thread.

Posters may come to totally different conclusions even after reading the same material.

If a poster does not believe everything the children are saying they have a right to express that. As long as it is expressed in a mature manner and within the guidelines of TOS.

Both have 12 counts of torture

Both have 12 counts of false imprisonment

She has 11 counts of child endangerment and he has 6

She has 6 willful harm to a child and he has 5

Both have 7 harm/cruelty to a dependent adult

He has 1 lewd act.

Did I count these right? Please check my work.

DT charges: http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801856P
LT charges:
http://jimspub.riversidesheriff.org/cgi-bin/iisinfo.acu?bkno=201801857P

ETA to add links from Kizzykat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Doesn’t appear to be that “steady”. See the pic below.

The screen cut looked way too perfect to me, as well. I DO think that is how she escaped, but it looks like it would have taken time, a decent tool, and a steady hand to make that cut. And it would have had to be done shortly before she escaped through it, because it was highly visible from the outside of the house, and would have been obvious if anyone opened the bedroom door and peeked in. JMO

a26eaf01be4263e0de864b325455f2cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody. I'm new to WS and this is my first post in a forum, so please be patient if I am a bit basic.

I have read so much about this case, but still feel like I am catching up. Being in Australia, I have a sneaky feeling that we are not necessarily getting the full story in our media coverage, and it is very difficult to find good links amongst all the rubbish online. I am very happy to have found this forum. Although I haven’t been able to read everything here, I feel like I am catching up. Thank you.

Could I ask a couple of things that are on my mind? (Apologies in advance as I am sure these may have been answered elsewhere):

Is there a floor plan / layout of the house in Perris anywhere? I am struggling to understand how the home was actually put together. eg where the bedrooms were.

The years gap between the penultimate survivor (#12) and the baby (#13) bothers me. I don’t subscribe to the idea that the baby is not biologically LTs child, but I wonder why there were no conceptions / births in between. The possibility of a baby / infant who deceased in between is quite strong - and might have provided the impetus for the eventual escape - eg the older siblings worrying what might happen to #13 as she grew out of the "honeymoon" stage of baby cuteness.

In all the pictures I have seen, the eldest female survivor (#1) and second eldest male survivor (#4) appear the most frail - #4 in particular. At times he looks unable to lift his arms and legs easily, and holds his head at strange angles. I wonder if he has some sort of neurological condition (eg Multiple Sclerosis or similar – probably in my thoughts as my son has MS) or if this is inflicted neurological harm due to the abuse.

The picture where the survivors are in different tshirts also plays on my mind. I don’t have the link but I saw it here. I think (but hard to tell) the shirts are all Disney characters - Aristocats, Lady and The Tramp, Toy Story, ?One of the teeny shows about a band - and one of the boys is (I think) wearing a Darth Maul shirt from Star Wars.

Given the fixation on dressing everyone alike it seems unusual to have a range of different shirts - implying they may have been gifted. The photo is clearly in the home, and everyone is barefoot. The pants are obviously new (or at least really well laundered and not that old) - but they dont fit. I think a bulk buy from an outlet store where maybe only one or two sizes were available, as a quick fix to allow a "thank you" photos to be sent to the gifter. Notice also that the three boys are at the back - meaning you cant see their legs (?to hide the fact that they are in pink pants - or maybe dressed in old/dirty/unsuitable clothing)

Just a few thoughts. Thanks for reading.

The exact floor plan of the Perris house is here. I hunted and hunted in the Internet Archive until I found it - http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/plan.php?plan=34:00425444-150.2367 is the link from KB Homes of the floor plan, but you need to click the option 3 car garage to see exactly what the floor plan was in the development (Sequioia at Memorial Park).

Someone else posted what it actually looked like before it was converted from a model home in the development. Here it is - http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/ios-viewer.php?tourid=70634&id=1178147 They escaped from the BR up front which is called Bedroom 5. In the house it is toward the street right next to what is labeled Den.

The press conferences also said I believe that they were locked in the bedrooms in small groups. The 22 year old boy and 14 year old and the 11 year old were shackled when police arrived, but I believe that the monster parents had removed the shackles of the 14 and 11 year old right as they arrived. That makes me think the 11 and 14 year old were maybe in the same room, but that is just a guess. I get so angry thinking about the suffering that these kids endured that I just have a hard time reading the reports and everything I see a picture of the two parents I just get a nauseated feeling.

I do know that in the press conferences that law enforcement discussed that some of the captives had neuropathy from years of abuse. Some press articles refer to it as nerve damage. I don't know a lot about it but neuropathy is permanent nerve damage and numbness and tingling which I have heard is similar to one of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.

http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/ios-viewer.php?tourid=70634&id=1178147

The exact floor plan of the Perris house is here. I hunted and hunted in the Internet Archive until I found it - http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/plan.php?plan=34:00425444-150.2367 is the link from KB Homes of the floor plan, but you need to click the option 3 car garage to see exactly what the floor plan was in the development (Sequioia at Memorial Park).

Someone else posted what it actually looked like before it was converted from a model home in the development. Here it is - http://fusion.realtourvision.com/m/ios-viewer.php?tourid=70634&id=1178147 They escaped from the BR up front which is called Bedroom 5. In the house it is toward the street right next to what is labeled Den.

The press conferences also said I believe that they were locked in the bedrooms in small groups. The 22 year old boy and 14 year old and the 11 year old were shackled when police arrived, but I believe that the monster parents had removed the shackles of the 14 and 11 year old right as they arrived. That makes me think the 11 and 14 year old were maybe in the same room, but that is just a guess. I get so angry thinking about the suffering that these kids endured that I just have a hard time reading the reports and everything I see a picture of the two parents I just get a nauseated feeling.

I do know that in the press conferences that law enforcement discussed that some of the captives had neuropathy from years of abuse. Some press articles refer to it as nerve damage. I don't know a lot about it but neuropathy is permanent nerve damage and numbness and tingling which I have heard is similar to one of the symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.

Thanks for this!

Question the picture in the far left corner of the first link does not look like the current house: How come?

http://ifp.blufishdesign.com/ifp/plan.php?plan=34:00425444-150.2367 Also, why does the house interior look so clean here?

I think that I might be looking at the wrong house or something. I was expecting the horrible pictures that we saw in the media.

Satch

Things were moving too fast and life got in the way, so I had to skip a few threads. So I apologize if this has already been discussed. If it has, please just let me know and/or ignore!

I've now found myself paying extra attention to the children's wrists in photos, and that drew my attention to something that looks odd to me in the "Thing 1, Thing 2, Etc." photo. I'm not good at detecting photoshopped pictures, so I'd like to know what others think.

Who's hand is this?

e934c9bcc899464e9f7b07d1cd78715e.png

I'm cautious of derailing the thread with this (Libby and Abby's thread, anyone?), but I think it could be important. If someone in the family was good at photo editing, then I think that would be important to know when looking at their other photos for signs of injury.

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it&#8217;s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and <modsnip> (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don&#8217;t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4&#8217;s stomach is not natural. It&#8217;s weird. As if the stomach isn&#8217;t there. The shirt is gathered in... can&#8217;t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it&#8217;s not.

f1dadf7570cd9da14f69e301c689e7d1.jpg

‘I Know My Sister Was Strange’ Says Sister Of Accused Child Abuser Louise Turpin

Elizabeth says once Louise left home at 16 to be with David, she noticed what she calls her sister’s strange behavior. Elizabeth claims Louise didn’t want to talk to her siblings or parents, and then in her 40s, she started to party like a teenager and bragged about having sex with a man other than her husband.
“She had blocked me and one of my other siblings off of Facebook,” Elizabeth says. “I haven’t talked to her on the phone for two years.”

VIDEO
https://www.drphil.com/videos/i-kno...sister-of-accused-child-abuser-louise-turpin/

He graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree in 1984 from Virginia Tech. He didn't graduate with a degree in Computer Science. He graduated from high school in 1979 so that means he probably was at Tech for 5 years (not sure why). It is hard to say what his actual job is though because there doesn't appear to be anything on the internet about his background in terms of employment that I can find other than the bankruptcy documents.
"James and Betty Turpin, his parents, still live in the Princeton area. They told*ABC News*that David Turpin became a computer engineer after graduating from Virginia Tech."

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/news...cle_23cf58c6-fc76-11e7-a919-5717fff88d0a.html

ETA

"They said David Turpin was a computer engineer who had graduated from Virginia Tech and had previously worked for General Dynamics in Texas."

http://abc7.com/grandparents-say-god-called-on-perris-couple-to-have-so-many-children/2950254/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it&#8217;s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and <modsnip> (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don&#8217;t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4&#8217;s stomach is not natural. It&#8217;s weird. As if the stomach isn&#8217;t there. The shirt is gathered in... can&#8217;t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it&#8217;s not.

f1dadf7570cd9da14f69e301c689e7d1.jpg

Also, if you enlarge photo with yellow circles, the one in the middle with #10s shoulder circled... her hair appears to go into a fold of cloth. This looks quite unnatural to me. It&#8217;s not like it&#8217;s behind a person, more that it&#8217;s behind a fold of cloth. While conceivably it could be a wrinkle in her brother&#8217;s shirt it would be very strange for it to have arrived in that position on its on I think. To me it looks like someone attempted to clone that spot and missed the fact the hair is now lying unnaturally. That said, I&#8217;m not sure anything nefarious can be assumed fro the photoshopping of Facebook pictures. I often photoshop my own and am quite good at it if I do say so myself. I think for so ek e like LT who is presenting her life as something it&#8217;s obviously not it would be almost a given she&#8217;s trying to make the pics look as good as possible. And if her husband was a computer engineer they most likely owned top of the line computers. I own the latest version of photoshop so, while expensive, it&#8217;s not out of reach for someone making the kind of money the bankruptciy papers said they made (or someone who went about racking up cc debt silly nilly!) all that said, I don&#8217;t think there is definitive proof one way or another for this pic bing edited. IMO.

I don't think that she, nor he, was teaching "about" Kadinsky. However, there are home school, and home fun projects, on the web, about making "Kadinsky" rocks, construction projects, and drawing projects. I doubt that there are very many of the parents who do these projects, who get deep into teaching, or even scratch the surface, about Kadinsky, himself. There's also Pablo Picasso and Monet art projects but, for most, they're just art/drawing projects. I can draw a Picasso Cat but could also know nothing about Pablo Picasso.

Examples o projects:
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/723601865102585851/

And that is exactly why the art teacher is critical.

Developmental stages cannot be taught. As a comparison, you cannot make a child walk if s/he is not ready. Children go through developmental stages in drawing as well as cognition.

Art work is a visual representation of a child&#8217;s developmental stage as well as their inner emotional life. It is represented in the symbols they use.

Artists that left the representational level such as Picasso were superb realistic drawers, but he moved onto the symbols which he seemed to have.copied from indigenous peoples.

That drawing on the wall is an internal expression. Like Picasso&#8217;s face of the woman which shows more than one side, Or Edvard Munch&#8217;s Scream. Farmmore powerful than a realistic rendering.

Art of the native people of Australia use the dot. So fascinating .

(first post)
Just wanted to chime in on a few issues here. I am a parent and a grandparent and I come from a large family so the extended family is very large. I can&#8217;t even begin to imagine treating any one of them in such a horrific way.

I think there are definite signs that the abuse/neglect began way back. The fact that Fantastic #1 went to school in the same dirty clothes every day is a red flag. And several facts supplied by the sister remembering her visit around that time were also troublesome &#8211; very little family time, to begin with. The kids had to stay in their room. And the control of LT was there as well, as evidenced when the child couldn&#8217;t even eat what was on the table in front of them without first getting visible permission from LT. None of these alone is proof of anything, but the signs are there nonetheless.

As for the relatives, I can understand them wanting to take care of them. I would accept any of my family members with open arms and be there for them if they needed it. However, in this case, I don&#8217;t think that&#8217;s wise, for several reasons. To begin with, the siblings (I will call them &#8220;the siblings&#8221; or &#8220;The 13&#8221; rather than kids) need a greater degree of separation from DT/LT than immediate family can provide. They need time &#8211; a LOT of time &#8211; to heal, and some scars will never heal. That is part of what is disheartening about this &#8211; there is some damage that will be forever with them, I believe. It will take a lot of time for them to really see and believe and understand that THIS WAS NOT THEIR FAULT &#8211; not an easy road to recovery.

Apart from that, however, we know that families can sometimes push each other&#8217;s buttons. And I fear that under the surface (if not spoken outright) some extended family will resent them for breaking apart the family and besmirching the family name, and I am afraid it would come out in ways both subtle and not so subtle. Perhaps especially so against Fantastic (and Brave) #8 who brought it all to the light of day. They don&#8217;t need that.

Also I wonder if there will be ramifications or charges relating to the possibility that they registered as a home school but very little to no actual schooling was going on, at least with regard to required subjects.

Regarding the Dr. Seuss pictures, personally I don&#8217;t believe it was touched up, but I could be wrong. When you have that many people in a picture, hands, arms, elbows, etc. get thrust in every direction.

That&#8217;s enough for now, although there is so much more&#8230;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member