TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1Thread #2Thread #3Thread #4Thread #5Thread #6
Thread #7Thread #8Thread #9Thread #10Thread #11Thread #12
Thread #13Thread #14Thread #15Thread #16Thread #17Thread #18
Thread #19Thread #20Thread #21Thread #22Thread #23Thread #24
Thread #25Thread #26Thread #27Thread #28Thread #29Thread #30
Thread #31Thread #32Thread #33Thread #34Thread #35Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41Thread #42
Thread #43

CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

FB Warrant Probable Cause Affidavit

Another video recently released online shows what police call a “vehicle of interest,” although investigators will not confirm if they have identified its driver or explained its unusual appearance near the church. It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much of the time with its lights off. The church is on the opposite side of the divided highway, less than a half mile away.
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/01/1...terest-emerge/

READ THE OPENING POST AND THIS ONE AND THANK BOTH IF YOU INTEND TO POST. Pay particular attention to Tricia's warning about bickering and how to post in regards to your suspect(s). Outright accusations will not be tolerated.

Referring to people or groups of people by nicknames or alternate names needs to cease. You may use initials. Keep in mind that some of you are discussing a family that has lost a member to murder. It is one thing to find someone's demeanor off or point out perceived inconsistencies in their statements. It is quite another to bash them when they have been accused of nothing by Law Enforcement. I urge everyone to find that line and stay on the right side of it.

Thread #44, who'd've thunk it...
I honestly thought, when the news of Missy's murder broke, that it would be solved within the week.

I believe it hasn’t been solved because the SP was a stranger to her and everyone she knew. I still stand by my theory of the SP cosplaying and looking for cash. If you remember from the screenshots I posted I believe this man has something wrong with his right index/middle fingers. I believe that’s a huge clue to catching this man. It has been reported to the MPD. MPD may have already recognized that from the video because I bet they have watched it a lot more than us. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, I don't know that there is something wrong with his right hand? I actually was thinking about your post the pther day when I bundled up to go outside with my kids. I put on my thick winter gloves and my hand/fingers hung very similar to the perp. I think the gloves were just very thick, and by default with all that fabric your hands stay open?

I believe she was targeted and guns, money, sex and LE (current or former)are involved somehow. JMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SP either knew, or expected there to be working cameras inside the church, which is why she/he wore that ridiculous get-up. The costume served several purposes.....to look at first glance, like a cop, to stash equipment, to disguise body shape and most importantly, to cover all skin to not leave DNA....probably expecting that fitness pro Missy would try and maybe succeed in defending herself. SP was probably thrilled to learn that the actual assault (and other activity) was NOT captured on camera.
SP may have known that the outdoor Northside lights were not operating, or, as some have suggested, earlier that night, drove in, broke in the kitchen door and then drove off to spy and wait to see if an alarm alerted police.......then when no alarm, and no cops showed up, she/he went back in time to get her/his bearings and wait for Missy to show up. Whoever this was, HAD to know that Missy would enter the building, would enter from the S doors, and (probably) turn on the lights to the restrooms. I think that she saw SP in the foyer, and may have approached SP, confused, and was assaulted mortally in the SW portion of the foyer, out of sight from the south hall unless you walk to the end of the south hall. I think that she was mortally wounded, unresponsive, after the first blow, and that would mean that not as much blood flowed. The disfigurement was after the initial killing blow. It IS amazing that there were no bloody footprints....if that is true..... Spatter evidence would indicate exactly where the first blow took place. Grapevine talk indicates that some campers were able to describe her wounds, somewhat, so I doubt that they were peeking through the front doors. They must have entered the south doors, and gone down the hall at least far enough to see into the foyer. How close they got to Missy's body is unknown. That's how I see it.......as always, JMO

Quoted from last thread: "At least for me it really made me question why only certain parts were released when it appeared that more could have been released without jeopardizing the case. The goal was for the public to help identify the suspect to help LE out wasnt it. So why not give us all they can."

Right. I thought this after the gun shop posted the parking lot surveillance-camera video of the Acura driving around in the rain (discovered by Ezrah iirc). LE had released one blurry, confusing closeup of the car, focusing on an incomprehensible decal that may be important -- but why didn't they release that video? It showed the car in various angles, making strange moves. Maybe the video isn't that helpful either, but certainly had it been released with the photo (and are there better close-ups that we haven't seen?), the conversation and focus would have been different.

Perhaps LE thinks they know everything that needs to be focused on but they could be wrong. Someone could see something in the car video that the police don't -- recognize something about the car or driver. Perhaps the same can be said of the church video, without releasing parts that may be disrespectful to the family.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13901812

[quote name="Tippy Lynn" post=13901799]Agreed. I sure wish LE would make an arrest and release the info they have or at the very least release something so we can help them solve this.[/QUO......

I am hoping that I referenced the above correctly. My response is a response to Jethro and why he feels the NE doors are an enigma.

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed and I don't think SP is/was either., which is why I'd like to take a gander at the breeching of the NE doors.

In trying to outsmart MPD, perhaps SP thought it was only logical to enter
at the NE doors. But....he knew it wouldn't be good for him to enter that way, because he knew the inside camera in the NE corner was working and he was not yet in full gear.

So he goes to the kitchen door which was his 1st choice all along as he knew it was the kitchen and that it would allow himself time to get settled and or garbed for Missy's ambush. But he didn't want anyone thinking the
kitchen was his first choice as it
shows knowledge of the church
layout.

How do you see the breeching of the NE doors as an enigma? I respect your thoughtfulness and I'd like to know what you think.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Reactions: AGT
Respectfully, I don't know that there is something wrong with his right hand? I actually was thinking about your post the pther day when I bundled up to go outside with my kids. I put on my thick winter gloves and my hand/fingers hung very similar to the perp. I think the gloves were just very thick, and by default with all that fabric your hands stay open?

The gloves I believe are like these. They’re very flexible, not like gloves for winter time. JMHO
1030e121792ff7bae5ffb35019e93ce9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was an interrupted burglary, I find it highly unusual for the SP to enter via N side of the church as opposed to enter through the SE side. With him being costumed up like that (balaclava, helmet), his hearing and his view of field was limited. A burglar would have a strategic entry and exit point pending on what he is looking for. A burglar in a larger building would rather choose a different egress, than going back to a possibly compromised entry point, unless he is being warned by an accomplice. Even with an accomplice in a larger building, why taking the risk while being relatively limited in hearing/ seeing to go all the way back, if that's what happened here of course.

The entry point should have been at the SE side of the church IMO, as that would be the closest to the offices, where any collections/funds would be expected to be. The directional sign in the front parking area clearly indicates the offices being on the S side of the church. One can argue, that the SP was perhaps looking for movable electronics etc..We just don't know, as nothing was taken from the Church.

So he knows the church has surveillance inside the building and supposedly also outside the building. He is dressed accordingly, or is he? Why choosing an elaborate swat team outfit possibly jeopardizing hearing and view of field as opposed to just wear a dark clothing with head concealment? As a burglar, what would you choose? I mean, is he really there to burglarize the church? It better be more worth then, than his outfit..

That costume - I do not think it is authentic or it did not directly belong to the SP IMO - would have facilitated a possible plan i.e. to murder MB. However, the other possibility besides burglarizing would be gaming or vandalism. We talked about either one before. I just think the vandalism factor could be way bigger, than anticipated. The person in the video knew he would be on the video. He may or may not have known, that MB would enter the church. This person is not LE IMO. He would be too easily ID'd..someone would have recognized the gear, then which local swat team wore or did not wear that kind of gear. They would then check other agencies. Way too risky for a real LEO. A person however wanting to "pay back" and blame LE, now that I find quite explicable. Some security guard LE rejected perhaps. Someone like that.

Of course the killer theory is not off the table at all. The gear fulfilling a dual purpose, yes, that is still possible. I just don't think burglary was the intention. Rather Vandalism - Gaming - Murder angle.

Based on that, I would be highly interested to seeing the complete footage of SP revealing all his/her movements. The part MB enters the church - if applicable- could be spared. I hope, we will get to see the whole video at some point.

All IMO

-Nin

It's just so very sad that this case remains unsolved, with what seems like more evidence than many other cases. I remain firmly in the targeted and personal camp in regards to the type of crime. I've really thought about the arguments and points of view on the interrupted burglary, and I can't make it fit with what we know. I listen closely to the details of many church break-ins in my area, and none of them seem anything remotely like this. Most, if not all, are quick "grab and dash for cash", target older churches where doors are often kept open always for worshippers, do not wear disguises to conceal identity besides maybe a bandana, and certainly none of them involve this level of violence. I'm not saying it's not possible that this was a one in a million break-in, but it just feels like they went in with one purpose - to kill Missy.

I remain suspicious of BB and that whole side of the family. The fact that he doesn't want the killer found only added to my suspicions. I have never heard an innocent family member state that position. I am aware it was physically impossible for any of them to have committed the crime itself, but as far as motive goes, they have plenty IMO, and untangling threads for outsourcing a hit take a long time. I think there is a reason for the deafening silence from Missy's side of the family.

Could the weather be a factor in committing the crime on that date?

I have started to read the threads again from the beginning.....tedium, I know! But thread 1 post 207 quotes Spann answering a question about who discovered Missy. It is weirdly worded, but worth some thought. JMO

I have started to read the threads again from the beginning.....tedium, I know! But thread 1 post 207 quotes Spann answering a question about who discovered Missy. It is weirdly worded, but worth some thought. JMO

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=12479331&share_type=t

Halfway through the video Midlothian Police Capt John Spann comes on and answers a reporter's question concerning who discovered Terri. I listened to his answer several times and believe he answered that Terri was "actually discovered by one of the boot camp participants who got there a bit early and when a couple of the other participants arrived they went in"...

Extremely odd wording...

Extremely odd wording...

Yeah. I think it means that the first camper waited for others to show up and then camper 1 and campers 2 and 3 went in together. But it's worded so it sounds like 1 went in and then went out and waited for more people to arrive and then went back in. (I wouldn't have gone in alone, especially if I thought something was amiss....I probably would open the door and yell Missy's name, and If no answer, maybe call her on the phone....and wait for others to arrive. Scaredy cat, here). JMO

Extremely odd wording...

Not odd to me..I took at is this, and again JMO.

Camper A showed up early to camp, waited in their car knowing they were early. Camper B,C, etc showed up and then they went in together.

It's not uncommon at all for people to show up early to CG. Especially when it's the first day of a brand new 4 week camp as this one was. When I did CG, I'd show up and wait in my car once I got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail