CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ember123

On Time Out
Reaction score
Sorry. I didnt mean to confuse anyone and I thought we were near the camping area where DN was known to have camped.

I need to take a break from these cases LOL
Sorry about that. Ignore all my posts. :)

No worries, easy to get confused with three cases which may or may not be linked and we just don't know yet. For anyone new trying to follow this : There is the Abby & Libby Delphi IN thread (DN is a POI), this TW thread re: TW's killing in Colorado (DN was arrested in the vicinity, was in possession of a hatchet and a gun) and the ML (Micah Lambert) thread also out of CO, a woman who remains missing and whose car was found at a trailhead.

The above pic of a toilet facility is said to be near that trailhead where ML's car was found. Some suggested that if DN was in that vicinity he could possibly have surprised ML, possibly exposing himself in or near this toilet facility as he is known to have done in the past in a public-use restroom.

I wonder what kinds of things DN was pawning and when? Wonder if any were items taken from any of these victims (we do not know yet if ML is a victim or became lost or left the area of her own free will) or items possibly taken from house break-ins in these areas.That could be telling. Do pawnshops take any pics or records of items they take in? Sorry, never been to one. I think it unlikely that TW would have had many possessions on him but could have had a camera, a watch, etc. I don't recall any talk of TW having or not having a phone on him... Anyone??

Thread #1

Way after the alleged AG interview with sheriff of CCC (7 hours later). I believe 21 Days was sloppy reporting. IMO.
Sorry D but I don't understand your comment. What's AG got to do with this article saying it came from court records. How is this sloppy reporting?

Sorry. I didnt mean to confuse anyone and I thought we were near the camping area where DN was known to have camped.

I need to take a break from these cases LOL
Sorry about that. Ignore all my posts. :)
As Ember says don't worry. This area (Catamount) where ML's car was found is only 6 miles from Woodland Park where DN was arrested. We don't actually know where they were camping - that is why we are talking about it that's all. Also, LE have asked for tips in relation to ML's car.

No worries, easy to get confused with three cases which may or may not be linked and we just don't know yet. For anyone new trying to follow this : There is the Abby & Libby Delphi IN thread (DN is a POI), this TW thread re: TW's killing in Colorado (DN was arrested in the vicinity, was in possession of a hatchet and a gun) and the ML (Micah Lambert) thread also out of CO, a woman who remains missing and whose car was found at a trailhead.

The above pic of a toilet facility is said to be near that trailhead where ML's car was found. Some suggested that if DN was in that vicinity he could possibly have surprised ML, possibly exposing himself in or near this toilet facility as he is known to have done in the past in a public-use restroom.

I wonder what kinds of things DN was pawning and when? Wonder if any were items taken from any of these victims (we do not know yet if ML is a victim or became lost or left the area of her own free will) or items possibly taken from house break-ins in these areas.That could be telling. Do pawnshops take any pics or records of items they take in? Sorry, never been to one. I think it unlikely that TW would have had many possessions on him but could have had a camera, a watch, etc. I don't recall any talk of TW having or not having a phone on him... Anyone??

BBM
One of the early MSM articles:

Search dogs, drone pilots, and search and rescue crews from two counties took part in the search efforts on and around Mount Herman Road. People who came out to help with the search told reporter Spencer Wilson it was one of the dogs that found the body around noon Sunday.
“It’s going to be an extensive process due to the terrain that they have to travel in order to get to where the body is, process the scene and get back out. Because where they are there is also no cell or radio service, which only adds to the time that it will take to process the scene.”

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Se...in-biker-missing-since-Sept-14-445114943.html

Since there was no cell service, I'm concluding even if TW had a phone on him he couldn't get reception to call for help if he was able?

It hasn't been stated what he had on him that is missing but his wallet and shoes. Riders on the forums believe he could have had a watch, phone/gps but that's not confirmed.
Certainly LE determined what he was trying to pawn that day and did she complete the transaction? I don't rememeber; if not it was in his car when arrested so if any item there could be connected to ML or TW they would have figured that out.
I think DN may have been getting more and more desperate for money. He couldn't work with no ID and was afraid to go apply for one not knowing how his IN warrants would affect him. He was likely in a holding pattern through the trial and sentencing of MS and they didn't have the reserves to just wait. He must have been stealing. He needed an ID and money or goods to use to get money. I would really be surprised if he had not tried to grow some mj as illegal growing seems so common there and he was already living out of doors. KN couldnt work due to the baby. it's not like they had a pump and a frig or money for formula. He could have found some crew to work for like he did in IN but as KN says, he lost all reasoning, one of the few things I believe.
So could he have taken her keys thinking to steal her car? Or the contents? I have believed that she may not have originally parked her car there but it was moved there. He needed gas or gas money. I wonder if she usually went to Catamount hiking or somewhere else normally.

A Facebook post from his wife, Ginger Chase, said he left with just his CamelBak and a bright yellow windbreaker.

https://www.google.de/search?q=Watk...ng&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I remember to have seen he had a wallet also.
I too remember to have seen he had a gun with him. Unfortunately I can't find the newspaper article. I've already searched for a long time because to me it seemed to be important re DN/stolen/pawn shop/changed privately. Well, I don't intend to create rumors.

She went missing 24th . N's were arrested on 25th in their red car. The searchers pic of the red car was between 14th and 17th. I think it is a good point but he would have had to come upon her in or near her own car to know which car was hers. I did wonder if there were rest room facilities at Catamount rec area and he was doing his usual thing in public toilets though, then something happened. MOO.
Unless she did not go hiking in Catamount. The reports say the dogs were not able to find her scent there. My first thought was that she was never there.

bbm
When was the first pic of KN's/DN's car published with DN as the driver who passed the TW search area multiple times? Maybe, when the news came out DN needed another car for himself to drive out of this area unrecognized and maybe he used ML/her car?

http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...ne-the-daniel-nations-investigation/628191353
Complaints of him chasing the kids with the hatchet were in late August. The photos of him driving around the search site was when TW was missing, Sept 14-17th. I think LE asked for people to report anything suspicious.
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html
He was arrested on Mon Sept 25. ML went hiking on the 23rd and reported missing on the 24th.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...s-five-felonies-colorado-1-indiana/754663001/
I think it is certain that LE went to those homeless camps after they received those many complaints and picture looking for him but he had already left that camping area and had to find a new one, but he didn't have enough gas to go very far.

Sorry, wasn’t trying to come across as rude. I am NOT promoting AG. I can’t stand the man. However, the first indication on 1/24 I’m able to find, that DN would be extradited, came from a non MSM YouTube video in which AG allegedly interviews the sheriff in CC County.

It is MOO that MSM articles which then trickled in during the day followed the sheriff’s lead in that video and cited 21 Days. Because of two reasons: everything I can find says 30, and also because I don’t see any actual laws or LEO’s quoted by the MSM articles.

The UCEA2 is very clear that in most circumstances, except for two states that don’t agree to the UCEA2, the standard allowance is 30 Days.

I have been very careful looking for MSM articles which broke before AG on 1/24. Sadly, I cannot find any. It is *my belief* that since the sheriff allegedly spoke in that video, MSM cited his “21 Days” as a fact.

MOO

Sorry D but I don't understand your comment. What's AG got to do with this article saying it came from court records. How is this sloppy reporting?

Sorry, wasn’t trying to come across as rude. I am NOT promoting AG. I can’t stand the man. However, the first indication on 1/24 I’m able to find, that DN would be extradited, came from a non MSM YouTube video in which AG allegedly interviews the sheriff in CC County.

It is MOO that MSM articles which then trickled in during the day followed the sheriff’s lead in that video and cited 21 Days. Because of two reasons: everything I can find says 30, and also because I don’t see any actual laws or LEO’s quoted by the MSM articles.

The UCEA2 is very clear that in most circumstances, except for two states that don’t agree to the UCEA2, the standard allowance is 30 Days.

I have been very careful looking for MSM articles which broke before AG on 1/24. Sadly, I cannot find any. It is *my belief* that since the sheriff allegedly spoke in that video, MSM cited his “21 Days” as a fact.

MOO
This is my opinion. While they legally have 30 days to come get him they have decided to get him early. Guess when 21 days is? Valentine's day I think Indiana wants him back by the anniversary. That cannot surely be coincidental. I've only just figured this out. What do you think?

Unless she did not go hiking in Catamount. The reports say the dogs were not able to find her scent there. My first thought was that she was never there.
I think you could be right. There is an article I posted on the ML thread that says they were looking for tips as to whether anyone had seen her car between 24th and 29th Sept.

This is my opinion. While they legally have 30 days to come get him they have decided to get him early. Guess when 21 days is? Valentine's day I think Indiana wants him back by the anniversary. That cannot surely be coincidental. I've only just figured this out. What do you think?
I think it's a very interesting coincidence but I'm just desperate for a development (as we all are, I imagine.)

I think the sheriff just misspoke in the alleged interview, and if anyone took it as fact, it just spiraled. I’m sure MSM reporters are getting some of their info off of social media in this case, so they misreported. IMO

I’ve heard theories that LE wants to charge someone on the anniversary. I respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. I don’t think LE enjoys media attention unless there’s a reason. I don’t think that LE would toy with the families’ and the public’s emotions to make a good headline. It’s very “Natural Born Killers”-ish. I don’t know why Delphi, Carroll County, or ISP would want to amplify the media storm that occurs when BG is charged.

Since there was no cell service, I'm concluding even if TW had a phone on him he couldn't get reception to call for help if he was able?

I wouldn't trust the comment that there is no cell service at the location they found the body,
I think they just said that to buy time.

Kellin Communications 3.42 miles
Us West Newvector Group, Inc. 2.82 miles
U S West Newvector Group Inc. 3.00 miles
Colorado Springs Msa Limited Partnership 3.44 miles
American Tower Corporation 3.88 miles

DN sure does have an awful lot of coincidences surrounding him... If they are all coincidences. Is it possible to just be THAT unlucky? Idk.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I think it is certain that LE went to those homeless camps after they received those many complaints and picture looking for him but he had already left that camping area and had to find a new one, but he didn't have enough gas to go very far.

I woundn't assume this either. The camps are scattered all over and the sheriff doesn't have those kinds of resources.

DN sure does have an awful lot of coincidences surrounding him... If they are all coincidences. Is it possible to just be THAT unlucky? Idk.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
I'm an optimist. I'm hopeful they are bringing him back for a good reason.

@Daey, the reason I'm banging the 21 day drum is because of the date coincidence and the mention of it being in court records. I think they will bring him back sometime in the next 7-10 days. MOO.

I was under the impression, maybe incorrectly, that DN’s records are sealed. So I couldn’t figure out how MSM would verify that.

I agree that they probably will come for DN before 21 Days.

I'm an optimist. I'm hopeful they are bringing him back for a good reason.

@Daey, the reason I'm banging the 21 day drum is because of the date coincidence and the mention of it being in court records. I think they will bring him back sometime in the next 7-10 days. MOO.

I think the sheriff just misspoke in the alleged interview, and if anyone took it as fact, it just spiraled. I’m sure MSM reporters are getting some of their info off of social media in this case, so they misreported. IMO

I’ve heard theories that LE wants to charge someone on the anniversary. I respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree. I don’t think LE enjoys media attention unless there’s a reason. I don’t think that LE would toy with the families’ and the public’s emotions to make a good headline. It’s very “Natural Born Killers”-ish. I don’t know why Delphi, Carroll County, or ISP would want to amplify the media storm that occurs when BG is charged.

this said, I don' t believe the irony is lost on Indiana LE. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member