What do you believe will happen to Darlie Routier?

What do you believe will happen to Darlie Routier

• Total voters

JenniferTx

Reaction score
Since Darlie Routier has been on Texas Death Row now well over 20 years what do you believe will happen to her?

I know what I want to happen to her, but I think she will die before she is executed. Her appeals are just flimsy. But I think she will keep on trying to delay justice for those beautiful boys.

Hopefully her appeals will be up soon and she'll finally get an execution date like she deserves. She slaughtered her two innocent boys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Since Darlie Routier has been on Texas Death Row now well over 20 years what do you believe will happen to her?
She has DNA testing to complete, they are apparently backlogged in the lab. Once that DNA testing is complete, I believe it will end her state appeals and she moves on to the federal level appeals, which from what I understand will probably go pretty fast as the feds will uphold the conviction. Two years maybe?

The supporters seem to believe the federal courts will not accept the trial transcript and give her a new trial. They're delusional IMO.

She has DNA testing to complete, they are apparently backlogged in the lab. Once that DNA testing is complete, I believe it will end her state appeals and she moves on to the federal level appeals, which from what I understand will probably go pretty fast as the feds will uphold the conviction. Two years maybe?

The supporters seem to believe the federal courts will not accept the trial transcript and give her a new trial. They're delusional IMO.

Still DNA ? I thought it had all been done and nothing was found to bolster her case. I admittedly don’t keep up with it it very well.

Sadly I think she will die in prison. Although I believe it’s a miscarriage of justice because the evidence they presented was almost all circumstantial. A trial like that in this day and age would not have resulted the way it did. You can bend circumstantial in any way but you can’t with physical evidence. I don’t believe she did it. At first I thought she did, but now? Not at all.

Sadly I think she will die in prison. Although I believe it’s a miscarriage of justice because the evidence they presented was almost all circumstantial. A trial like that in this day and age would not have resulted the way it did. You can bend circumstantial in any way but you can’t with physical evidence. I don’t believe she did it. At first I thought she did, but now? Not at all.

Curious why you think she didn’t do it? I very badly want to believe she didn’t, but sadly I think she did. I haven’t seen any evidence to prove, or even suggest, there was an intruder.

The injuries she suffered were consistent with defense wounds not self inflicted. And I don’t understand why she would dispose of a bloody sock and not the murder weapon if she had supposedly taken the time to make that trip. I think the husband did it or at least set it up. I don’t think the ever looked at anyone other than her, I feel they convicted her because of convenience. There are several documentaries on the case that are quite good :)

Well I have done the worst I could physically do to myself in a fit of anger and didn't come close to her injuries, so I wont ever believe she injured herself like that ,I'm almost as narcissistic as she is......just sayinhttps://www.google.com/search?clien...Y_aAhWNwFMKHY8VC9kQkeECCCQoAA&biw=917&bih=389

Interesting. Thanks for your insight.
I don’t know of course what happened exactly or why. But I can imagine that if you just committed murder, in a panic, your could do to yourself what she did. She had to have known at that point that she dang well better do something to try to make her intruder story believable.

I imagine the thought of the death penalty could motivate you to slit your own throat if you thought it might prevent that fate.

Deperate times call for desperate measures.

I agree it’s weird she cut herself in such a visible location. Maybe she was trying to commit suicide. I don’t know?

The injuries she suffered were consistent with defense wounds not self inflicted. And I don’t understand why she would dispose of a bloody sock and not the murder weapon if she had supposedly taken the time to make that trip. I think the husband did it or at least set it up. I don’t think the ever looked at anyone other than her, I feel they convicted her because of convenience. There are several documentaries on the case that are quite good :)

The way those boys were attacked, Darlie would have been injured far more severely if there was really an intruder.

Interesting. Thanks for your insight.
I don’t know of course what happened exactly or why. But I can imagine that if you just committed murder, in a panic, your could do to yourself what she did. She had to have known at that point that she dang well better do something to try to make her intruder story believable.

I imagine the thought of the death penalty could motivate you to slit your own throat if you thought it might prevent that fate.

Deperate times call for desperate measures.

I agree it’s weird she cut herself in such a visible location. Maybe she was trying to commit suicide. I don’t know?

I think she was planning suicide , if not before then right after she went into a rage and stabbed her babies. She just couldn’t bring herself to do it.

Most cases are tried on CE. She's not getting a new trial unless she finds some evidence of an intruder or she wins an appeal which is highly unlikely.

Not according to the doctor who treated her at Baylor. He testified that her injuries were not defence wounds. Darin in fact was suspected first by the police but his statements as to his movements that night never changed. Darlie's changed every time she learned evidence she couldn't explain away. Like the blood in the kitchen sink and the lack of any wet towels found. Especially no towels with the boys' DNA or blood. She never mentioned going to the kitchen in her initial statement. The best documentary is Forensics Files.

I think she was planning suicide , if not before then right after she went into a rage and stabbed her babies. She just couldn’t bring herself to do it.

I am wishy washy about that. Certainly in the journal she was writing she sounds suicidal but she herself at trial said she wasn't. That she just had the baby blues but she was depressed there's no doubt. Darin's employee knew, the neighbours knew etc. OR she did it to cover up the boy's blood all over her nightshirt.

I am wishy washy about that. Certainly in the journal she was writing she sounds suicidal but she herself at trial said she wasn't. That she just had the baby blues but she was depressed there's no doubt. Darin's employee knew, the neighbours knew etc. OR she did it to cover up the boy's blood all over her nightshirt.

I know what you mean, I’m not totally sure myself. I think the reason I lean a little more that way is because it does seem to me that she must have been quite depressed. And desperate, considering her and Darins marital discord and financial problems.

Then there was the diet pills, something similar to Phen Phen wasn’t it, at least Phentemine.... Which either one are somewhat like speed, and can definitely have a very strong negative mood altering effect. Can have side effects that contribute to anger and violence as well. Also could partially explain how she was able to inflict even that degee of neck wound. I honestly can’t imagine being able to do that to myself unless I was in a very altered state of mind. Scary.....

But, as you say, cover up re: the blood, and to make herself look like a victim as well, could be very possible. Maybe it’s a mix of all of these.

I know what you mean, I’m not totally sure myself. I think the reason I lean a little more that way is because it does seem to me that she must have been quite depressed. And desperate, considering her and Darins marital discord and financial problems.

Then there was the diet pills, something similar to Phen Phen wasn’t it, at least Phentemine.... Which either one are somewhat like speed, and can definitely have a very strong negative mood altering effect. Can have side effects that contribute to anger and violence as well. Also could partially explain how she was able to inflict even that degee of neck wound. I honestly can’t imagine being able to do that to myself unless I was in a very altered state of mind. Scary.....

But, as you say, cover up re: the blood, and to make herself look like a victim as well, could be very possible. Maybe it’s a mix of all of these.

Yes she was taking diet pills. I imagine her adrenaline was running pretty high that night so she might not have felt it.

Is anybody watching the series about this case on Tuesday nights on ABC? it is pretty good. It seems to me that the prosecution really used her self absorption to make her look like a killer. One of the jurors was interviewed and said something to the effect of what kind of mother gets breast implants? this same juror said the silly string video was icing on the cake and that it showed a very inappropriate response to the death of her sons; remember the prosecution only showed part of that video, not the beginning where she apparently does show sorrow and grief. They also had nurses from the hospital testify she did not cry about the death of her sons even though the medical record describes her as tearful.

I think she deserves a new trial and i think there is enough reasonable doubt to keep her off death row

Is anybody watching the series about this case on Tuesday nights on ABC? it is pretty good. It seems to me that the prosecution really used her self absorption to make her look like a killer. One of the jurors was interviewed and said something to the effect of what kind of mother gets breast implants? this same juror said the silly string video was icing on the cake and that it showed a very inappropriate response to the death of her sons; remember the prosecution only showed part of that video, not the beginning where she apparently does show sorrow and grief. They also had nurses from the hospital testify she did not cry about the death of her sons even though the medical record describes her as tearful.

I think she deserves a new trial and i think there is enough reasonable doubt to keep her off death row

Darlie's attorney could have shown the video prior to her spraying the silly string at the grave site service.For some reason he chose not to.It's not like the state withheld the first part of that taping.It was a news crew who filmed it...not the police dept like some of her supporters like to claim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back