Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cp24.com/news/pharma-gi...-barry-and-honey-sherman-found-dead-1.3723714
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/
attachment.php

Dr. Eric Hoskins, Ontario's Minister of Health and Long Term Care, tweeted: "I am beyond words right now. My dear friends Barry and Honey Sherman have been found dead. Wonderful human beings, incredible philanthropists, great leaders in health care. A very, very sad day. Barry, Honey, rest in peace."

Mr. Feldman said family members had told him that Mr. Sherman had not been at work on Thursday, and that no one had heard from his wife that day, either.
"We don't know what happened. A family member got information and called me. … We don't want to interfere with a police investigation, but on the other hand the kinfolk want to know about their kinfolk."
An Apotex spokesperson said they had just learned the news and would not be commenting immediately.

Attachments

• ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    ZYOTSD53LJGDPHTLBTNWUCSRWA.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 62
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...sherman-hated-his-wife-and-wanted-her-whacked
[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin cruelly claims Barry Sherman 'hated his wife' and wanted her 'whacked'[/h]
Family and friends close to slain Honey and Barry Sherman call a British tabloid’s suggestion the billionaire murdered his wife before killing himself “outrageous, false and disgusting.”

They were responding to an exclusive story in the Daily Mail that quotes a relative — who once tried to sue Barry Sherman for $1-billion — saying the Apotex founder had previously wanted his wife dead.
“Every word in the story is a depraved and cruel lie,” she said. “It’s despicable.”

Others close to the Shermans said the “bizarre, cheap and fictional” claims come out of a desire for “revenge” and “profit.”

“Barry loved Honey more than anything and any suggestion he didn’t, or would harm her, is pathetic,” one close friend said.

Snipped from the link above...
...As to an alibi, during the period in mid-December when the Shermans were likely killed, Winter was at a12-step program for Cocaine Anonymous the evening of the day they were last seen alive, and at work as a construction site manager the next day. In between, he said he watched an episode of Peaky Blinders on Netflix, and slept. He lives by himself.

Peaky Blinders fwiw http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/

A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.

I’d love a body language expert like Dr. Lilian Glass to comment on the cousin’s body language in that Daily Mail tv video interview.

'My gut tells me he killed her. He asked me twice to whack her. He hated his wife.' Billionaire and wife found hanged beside their pool was murder-suicide NOT a targeted hit their cousin tells DailyMailTV
Published: 14:15 EST, 31 January 2018 | Updated: 15:57 EST, 31 January 2018
The cousin of the Canadian billionaire found hanging in his exclusive home alongside his wife in December, has rejected cops' findings that the couple were targeted victims of a double-homicide.

Instead, in an explosive interview with DailyMailTV on Wednesday, Kerry Winter has disclosed his belief that Barry Sherman, 75, murdered his wife Honey, 70, then took his own life - a view rejected by police.

And he told how Barry Sherman had twice asked him to arrange for his wife's murder saying: 'I want you to whack my wife.'

Winter, 56, told DailyMailTV: 'My gut tells me he killed her.

'That's my feeling [and] I don't believe somebody out there is going to be found because… Barry did the deed.

Winter's own immediate reaction on learning of their deaths, he said was: '*advertiser censored**ing hell he finally did it. Barry finally killed the b****.'
Winter admitted the feud might make some eye him as a prime suspect in his cousin's murder: 'I remember the day it happened and saying to some of my closest friends, "They're going to haul me in."

'Not to make me the fall guy but I have an ax to grind and I've been involved in this lawsuit and maybe I decided to take matters into my own hands.'

But after six weeks officers have yet to question Winter, a fact that he finds 'remarkable' if they are truly searching for suspects.

Sherman and Honey were renowned philanthropists who gifted $50 million to the United Jewish Appeal alone.

Yet Sherman was aggressively fighting a Federal investigation into breach of lobbying laws and the shadow of a tax evasion investigation loomed with rumors that his name was contained in the Panama Papers.

VIDEO: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1619102.html

Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327391/Canadian-tycoon-killed-wife-says-cousin.html

He really hurt his reputation by giving this deplorable interview. When a Judge rules on any future appeals, he make take this into account, and not look upon him favourably, even if he never mentions it in his ruling.

It is interesting that LE have not even bothered to interview him yet, or maybe they have, informally, and he did not realize it. He seems to want to be the center of attention, and maybe he is frustrated and angry that they have not interviewed him yet. I imagine they investigated him, and they must have their reasons if they eliminated him from the suspect list. IMO

He really hurt his reputation by giving this deplorable interview. When a Judge rules on any future appeals, he make take this into account, and not look upon him favourably, even if he never mentions it in his ruling.

It is interesting that LE have not even bothered to interview him yet, or maybe they have, informally, and he did not realize it. He seems to want to be the center of attention, and maybe he is frustrated and angry that they have not interviewed him yet. I imagine they investigated him, and they must have their reasons if they eliminated him from the suspect list. IMO

He has not been eliminated from the suspect list he is being interviewed by law enforcement today or tomorrow.

He's so desperate for this to be accepted as a murder-suicide conclusion.

He's moved from off my radar to my no.1 slot.

His own words betray his supposed conviction "Barry did the deed";

'I remember the day it happened and saying to some of my closest friends, "They're going to haul me in."

'Not to make me the fall guy but I have an ax to grind and I've been involved in this lawsuit and maybe I decided to take matters into my own hands.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-killed-wife-says-cousin.html#ixzz55qVcG8g5

LE may have interviewed other people connected with the cousin. Now they are going to see how his story fits in.

Why didn't he speak out between the murders and the police press conference I wonder.

Anyone know if the drugs anonymous organisation he claims he went to on Dec 13th is allowed to divulge information about member's attendance to law enforcement?

He's so desperate for this to be accepted as a murder-suicide conclusion.

He's moved from off my radar to my no.1 slot.
;

Disagree. He's not bright enough to have pulled it off. The motivation for the Daily Mail interview was entirely about money (the more controversial he is, the more they pay), with the side benefit to him to slander the Shermans.

The problem with a new thread is that it leaves some interesting stuff hanging in the last one ...

Conventional legal wisdom is that you can't defame a dead person (re: Winters' Daily Mail interview), but this is an interesting twist on it https://www.theguardian.com/media/m...ming-dead-relatives-european-ruling-right-sue

The cousins, of course, have no assets worth suing for, but if any of the children inherited their father's appetite for litigation ...?

Disagree. He's not bright enough to have pulled it off. The motivation for the Daily Mail interview was entirely about money (the more controversial he is, the more they pay), with the side benefit to him to slander the Shermans.

I don’t know if he personally would do it but he could have paid monsters to do it for them.

I wouldn’t blame the Sherman children for taking legal action against the cousins if they spoke about my much loved parents like this.

It will be a long time before we hear anything more about the Sherman case. So involved, so complex.

I personally think the reason he hasn't been interviewed yet is precisely because he's on their suspect list. He very well may not have done this, but the "fact" that he was at a CA meeting and was home watching netflix, doesn't suffice so far for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth