CA - Four students injured in Los Angeles school shooting, 1 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

perfectingpink

Reaction score
2 students shot at Los Angeles middle school

Two 15-year-old students were shot Thursday morning at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, and a female student is in custody as a suspect, officials said.

One boy was shot in the head and is in critical condition, and a girl was shot in the wrist, Los Angeles fire Capt. Eric Scott said.

Three others -- a woman and two children -- were being treated for minor cuts, including some from glass, Scott said.

"The school has been declared safe at this point. There is no more safety threat," city schools Police Chief Steven Zipperman said.

[....]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/los-angeles-sal-castro-middle-school-shooting/index.html

2 students shot at Los Angeles middle school

Two 15-year-old students were shot Thursday morning at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, and a female student is in custody as a suspect, officials said.

One boy was shot in the head and is in critical condition, and a girl was shot in the wrist, Los Angeles fire Capt. Eric Scott said.

Three others -- a woman and two children -- were being treated for minor cuts, including some from glass, Scott said.

"The school has been declared safe at this point. There is no more safety threat," city schools Police Chief Steven Zipperman said.

[....]

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/los-angeles-sal-castro-middle-school-shooting/index.html

Thank you for starting this thread perfectinpink. I was looking for this topic on Websleuths and couldn't find it anywhere.

It's no surprise because we are all getting so jaded about these shootings.

I am so flipping sick of reading, tweeting, uploading to Facebook and posting about school shootings.

Our kids have got to stop thinking this is a solution to a problem.

Thank you for starting this thread perfectinpink. I was looking for this topic on Websleuths and couldn't find it anywhere.

I am so flipping sick of reading, tweeting, uploading to Facebook and posting about school shootings.

I agree! And this shooter was only 12. 12! Just a baby.

Looking forward to information as to who actually owned the gun.

I couldn't find this thread last night either, I assumed it would be in the "latest posts" section. But no, as of right now nobody has even posted about this for 12 hours - that's how jaded America has got. It's the third school shooting of 2018, crazy.

Just another kid trying to kill other kids. Oh well, 'til next time.

:sigh:

School shooting that injured four students now believed unintentional, police say; 12-year-old girl is booked

At least one student who was in the classroom told a reporter he thought the gunfire was unintentional.
"
​​​Someone decided to bring a gun, I guess someone was accidentally playing around with it," said Benjamin, a 12-year-old seventh-grader, whose guardian asked that his last name not be used. "They thought it was a fake gun."

When authorities responded around 8:55 a.m., they found a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head, a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist and three others with minor injuries.
The boy, who was shot in the temple, was in stable condition Thursday afternoon, and was expected to fully recover, according to Dr. Carl Chudnofsky of L.A. County-USC Medical Center. The girl, who was shot in the left wrist, was in fair condition.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-belmont-high-shooting-20180201-story.html

Not intentional?! What the heck?! I want to know who owned the gun. This is so bizarre.

Not intentional?! What the heck?! I want to know who owned the gun. This is so bizarre.

Whoever it is needs throwing in jail. Time for gun owners to face responsibility for having weapons accessible to minors.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teens-shot-los-angeles-middle-school-suspect-custody/story?id=52770205

12-year-old girl in custody after 'accidental' school shooting: Police

The shooting is believed to be accidental, the Los Angeles Police Department told ABC News. The suspect, who hasn't been identified, was booked into L.A. County Central Juvenile Hall for the negligent discharge of a firearm and is being held without bail.

How the gun was obtained is under investigation, but L.A. city attorney Mike Feuer said this is a "call to action" for every adult who has a gun.

"You must store it safely and keep it out of access for any child to reach," Feuer said.

Kids see guns as perfectly normal. They see the US saying guns are super important. Cigarettes are out. Guns are in

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back