Age last seen: 23

Age now: 53
Race: White female
Hair color: Red/Auburn
Eyes Color: Brown
Height: 64.0 to 66.0
Weight: 110.0 to 115.0
Scars and Marks: nothing

Circumstances: Bottoms, 23, left her Auburn home for a nearby tavern and never came back June 29, 1987. One of the best leads the Sangamon County Sheriff's Office had was from a witness who said he saw her get into a brown car with two men that night.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Bottoms is asked to contact Sangamon County Sheriff's Office

Namus:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37145/39

[h=1][/h]Brenda was listed in this 2013 article:

Posted Jul 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Bianco is one of seven missing-adult cases the sheriff’s office has dating back to 1981, records show.

The others are:

* Harold Buecker, 1981;

* Cynthia Atterberry, 1981;

* Brenda Bottoms, 1987;

* Patricia Abu-Tayeh, 1989;

* William Chastain, 1999; and

* Duane Grant, 2002.

Undersheriff Jack Campbell said all seven cases remain open, but detectives have stopped working them because there haven’t been any new leads.

“They worked the leads until there was nothing left to work,” Campbell said. “But we’re always looking for more leads if anyone has any new information.”
http://www.sj-r.com/article/20130707/News/307079939

There is a Brenda Bottoms the right age (DOB abt 1964) in Indiana yearbooks. However, I don't think this is the missing Brenda because the one in Indiana has a middle name starting with D. Indiana Brenda also married in 1984 so her name would not be Bottoms anymore in 1987 and she has another marriage record placing her alive and in Texas in the early 2000's. I think we can rule this out as being the missing Brenda because she is easily found to be alive. JMO.

I found an archived newspaper article from 1989 with a picture. Will upload it soon (working on formatting).

Source: State Journal-Register
Sunday, August 13, 1989
Springfield, Illinois

Pages: 11 &12
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Brenda Bottoms.png
    Brenda Bottoms.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 115
  • BB page 11.jpg
    BB page 11.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 118
  • BB Page 12.png
    BB Page 12.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 109
Is it readable or is the text too small on the first page of the article? Looks too small to me. I can try to upload a bigger image if too small.

ETA: Uploading a slightly zoomed image of the text part of beginning of article (hopefully this is easier to read):
attachment.php

Attachments

• BB Page 12 zoom150.jpg
    BB Page 12 zoom150.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 108
I found another article from 1988:

State Journal-Register
Wednesday, July 20, 1988
Springfield, Illinois
Page: 34

attachment.php

This gives her middle name as Sue and we learn her dad lived in North Carolina.
Also the man who claims she got into a brown car was interviewed multiple times and took a polygraph-- "results were inconclusive".
Not a lot more info but it's something more.

I also found Brenda's name in one line in
State Journal-Register
Sunday, September 21, 1986
Springfield, Illinois
Page: 6

Under Criminal cases in Circuit Court Sept 5th, 1986 it says: "Brenda Bottoms, Auburn, battery, Dismissed (Shiffman)"

Perhaps someone can dig up the court records for this battery case against Brenda that was dismissed the year before she went missing?
I think that will be a big clue. MOO.

I found another article from 1988:

State Journal-Register
Wednesday, July 20, 1988
Springfield, Illinois
Page: 34

attachment.php

This gives her middle name as Sue and we learn her dad lived in North Carolina.
Also the man who claims she got into a brown car was interviewed multiple times and took a polygraph-- "results were inconclusive".
Not a lot more info but it's something more.

It looks like the photo of the article above disappeared. Here is is again:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Brenda B 1988.png
    Brenda B 1988.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 98
Has any more information ever came out about this? I some what remember when this happened. She was few years older than myself. She was very nice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back