WI WI - Dayna Menger, 27, baby son Dakota, & Junelle Marquard, 21, Nekoosa, 20 August 1999

Romulus

Reaction score
Junelle Marquard https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40744/35

Dayna Menger https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40340/34

Dayana Menger

On 08/20/1999 Dayna M. Menger in the company of Junelle Marquard (MP 40744) and Dayna's son Dakota Menger dropped one of Dayna's children off at a babysitter outside of the City of Nekoosa, WI. On 08/24/1999 it was reported to police that Dayna never returned to pick up her child from the babysitter. Police checked Dayna's residence finding nothing unusual. Dayna, Dakota, and Junelle have not been seen or heard from since. Danya may have had ties to the Milwaukee area.

A quick search turns up a warrant in Wood County, West Virginia for Dayna M Menger, dated September 2002 ( http://warrant.st/WV-12830489 ). It seems unlikely there are 2 people with that name and I can find no others recorded. Unfortunately there do not seem to be any further records, but this does suggest she may have left town.
Update:
I have just realised that Nekoosa is in Wood County, Wisconsin so I suspect the state in the record is incorrect. However, it still raises the question as to how a warrant could be issued in 2002 for someone missing since 1999? Also strange is that I have found an Ancestry birth record for Dayna M Menger, but for 1 September 1965 in Wisconsin Falls (which is next to Nekoosa). However, the missing sites give her age as 27 in 1999 and there are arrest records in Wisconsin in 1995 and 1996 giving her DoB as 17 July 1972. So I am confused. Are there 2 people in close proximity and age with the same very unusual name (and second initial) or are they the same person, and if so what is the correct DoB?

Little bit more information on the case from Charley Project Blog

On August 20, 1999, Junelle Marquard, Dayna Menger, and Dayna’s son Dakota disappeared from Nekoosa, Wisconsin, apparently into thin air. And I cannot find squat about it.

NamUs doesn’t have Dakota listed for some reason, and Junelle’s case on there doesn’t have a photo. I was able to snag a high school photo of her from a pre-disappearance newspaper article from Newspapers.com. She played sports a lot in high school; I’m sure many coaches of girls’ teams would love to have a six-footer on board.

(more in the link) https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2018/04/01/would-love-to-know-more-about-this/

On my research to Junelle I have found her in between two families. Not sure why or what that means. The same surname and even the same middle name and in close vicinity. Obituary Charley project mentiones is from 2nd family. I have found that Junelle L. Marquard graduation year was 1997 and she has attended Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids WI or I think it used to be also called Lincoln High School Ahdawagam WI. If anyone has classmates account can you please search for any additional photos of her in that school yearbooks so we can add to her profile? It would be highly appreciated. Photo Charley Project found was from sport news article. (Pitty it does not say what sport she played)

I am also interested to verify if she was as tall as NamUs states (73.0 inches - 6.08 feet - 185.42 cm), so if you find any mentiones anywhere else about her height please post here too. Thank you.

I have been told that 1997 yearbook of Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids is not placed on classmate :(. I guess for additional pictures we have to search elsewhere.

Adding link to Junelle's 3 arrests records in 1998, prior to their disappearance.

https://www.courtrecords.org/people/JUNELLE+MARQUARD+WI/

Out of curiousity I have checked again dates for Dayna arrests and dates do not correspond with Junelle's arrests even though it is a bit confusing which dates are offences and which dates are convictions. Anyway, it does seem (just an assumption) like they both might went on the run. Not sure about baby in tow though.

https://www.courtrecords.org/people/DAYNA+MENGER+WI/
https://www.rapsheets.org/wisconsin/doc-prisoner/MENGER_DAYNA/00323332

I came across Dayna's arrest record, says "abscond", so they are implying she went on the run? Also, is there no information on the minor child Dakota, birth certificate, fathers name?

I came across Dayna's arrest record, says "abscond", so they are implying she went on the run? Also, is there no information on the minor child Dakota, birth certificate, fathers name?

I think if you are on bail and disappear in whatever circumstances (foul play, accident, on the run) you would automatically flag in system as absconded. Unfortunately very limited information are out there about all 3 of them.

I have been told that 1997 yearbook of Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids is not placed on classmate :(. I guess for additional pictures we have to search elsewhere.

Ancestry.com only has that school yearbook up to 1960. I'll look around a bit to see if I can find any other useful info.

[h=1]January 7, 1997
Stevens Point Journal from Stevens Point, Wisconsin · Page 5[/h]OCR text only has partial article:
Marijuana possession Finn withheld sentencing for Dayna M. Menger, 24, Wisconsin Rapids, and placed her on three years probation. Menger pleaded guilty April 1 to a felony charge of possessing marijuana with the intent to deliver. Conditions of her probation are she serve 60 days in jail, complete alcohol and other drug treatment, complete any other recommended counseling and pay $399 in fines and court costs. On Oct. 11, 1995, Menger was ...

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/250524847/

The Wisconsin River runs right next to Nekoosa - 3 people (which includes one child) all missing at the same time with no witnesses and no trace of them and no trace of the car that they were driving in - well, it's been my experience that in these cases the missing persons most likely went into the river. A number of roads run directly parallel to the river - and, the Wisconsin River can be quite deep in places (I fell in it one summer and sunk to the bottom, which was around 25' down). Anyone know of any good ways to use satellite to scan the river? I'd place 5 year's worth of my salary that they're all in the car on the bottom someplace.

That is a typo error for WV it should be listed as WI. The phone number it lists to call on that website is the phone number to the Wood County Sheriff's Dept in Wisconsin.

In regards to the birth record you have found there is no Wisconsin Falls in Wood County, WI. I believe you are referring to Wisconsin Rapids though.

To explain the warrant issued in 2002 the filing date for the ticket was from Oct 19, 1998 however the warrant was not issued until 2002. Back then warrants were not issued immediately when citations were not paid. Here is the Government website that Wood County Courts use: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

A quick search turns up a warrant in Wood County, West Virginia for Dayna M Menger, dated September 2002 ( Dayna M Menger Wood,WV Wanted & Warrant Details ). It seems unlikely there are 2 people with that name and I can find no others recorded. Unfortunately there do not seem to be any further records, but this does suggest she may have left town.
Update:
I have just realised that Nekoosa is in Wood County, Wisconsin so I suspect the state in the record is incorrect. However, it still raises the question as to how a warrant could be issued in 2002 for someone missing since 1999? Also strange is that I have found an Ancestry birth record for Dayna M Menger, but for 1 September 1965 in Wisconsin Falls (which is next to Nekoosa). However, the missing sites give her age as 27 in 1999 and there are arrest records in Wisconsin in 1995 and 1996 giving her DoB as 17 July 1972. So I am confused. Are there 2 people in close proximity and age with the same very unusual name (and second initial) or are they the same person, and if so what is the correct DoB?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-142718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309-142718_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 6
Little bit more information on the case from Charley Project Blog

On August 20, 1999, Junelle Marquard, Dayna Menger, and Dayna’s son Dakota disappeared from Nekoosa, Wisconsin, apparently into thin air. And I cannot find squat about it.

NamUs doesn’t have Dakota listed for some reason, and Junelle’s case on there doesn’t have a photo. I was able to snag a high school photo of her from a pre-disappearance newspaper article from Newspapers.com. She played sports a lot in high school; I’m sure many coaches of girls’ teams would love to have a six-footer on board.

(more in the link) Would love to know more about this

Photo of baby boy Dakota Menger is now available. (Photo not added in Namus yet)

NCMC1332731c1.jpg

Missing Since - Aug 20, 1999

• Missing From - Nekoosa, WI
  • DOB - Aug 8, 1997
  • Age Now - 21
  • Sex - Male
  • Race - White
  • Hair Color - Brown
  • Eye Color - Hazel
  • Height - 3'0"
  • Weight - 35 lbs
Dakota was last seen with his mother, Dayna Menger, on August 20, 1999.

Have you seen this child? DAKOTA MENGER

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back