AZ AZ - Diana Junge, 48, Tonto National Forest, 30 Jan 2018

Dalagali

Reaction score
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a 48-year-old Goodyear woman who never returned home after hiking earlier this week to see the super "blood moon."

Diana Junge's mother reported her missing after she possibly went stargazing Tuesday night or Wednesday morning in the area of the Granite Reef Recreation Site in the Tonto National Forest northeast of Mesa, the Sheriff's Office said Saturday.

The woman's 2015 orange Jeep with a black hood was found in the area, but she has not been seen since.

Junge is unfamiliar with the area, and she has medical conditions that could be life-threatening if not treated for an extended period of time, the Sheriff's Office said.

Show Caption
It's not immediately clear what kind of clothing Junge was wearing, but she had on Hi-Tec hiking boots. She is described as 5 feet tall and 100 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at 602-876-8477 and refer to case number IR18-003349.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ng-after-hike-see-super-blood-moon/303949002/

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f8...36532694016617211-DianaJungeMissingPerson.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overview of general area....
c88f83ac1f0f4361cfe0eb73b9a3c8e4.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Were others meeting there for the super blue blood moon?

She would have wanted a clear view of the western horizon. I hate to state the obvious, but the Salt River is right there and she may have tried to use dam access or get down to the river because the reflection would probably look pretty cool.

another hiker
sigh
I do hope she is ok

A petite hiker hiking alone....at night.."

Why would she plan a hike like this will a serious health problem which could be life threatening especially on her own? I suppose she went for a wonderful view of the blue moon but at what cost?

The hiking worries me. She should have been able to get a good view from her vehicle. She may have been thinking it was a full moon and near dawn so she’d have enough light to see ... ? I wonder if she was trying to photograph it.

Mountain Lions are common in Tonto National Forest. They hunt after dark. At 100 pounds and slight of build, a mountain lion would not hesitate to see her as prey, especially in winter, when many animals are hunkered down. I hope for a good outcome but this doesn't look good.

Marking my spot, I think something may happen with this one soon but I don't have any MSM to say who was recently found in AZ (and it might not be her but the area makes most sense). I keep checking and there's nothing, do I message the news and ask them to find out?!

Does anybody know the area well? If a body were found, wouldn't it be news? Or are there a lot of transients nearby?

My guess is the Salt River runs in a westward direction? Any chance it is slow moving and runs eastward? And I've heard of Steamboat tours....where do they run those?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back