Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Blake Smith, 20, was last seen leaving work at Weedman Lawn Care at 2 p.m. on Saturday and never returned to his dorm. He hasn’t been heard from since.

His car was found running at a construction site with his cell phone inside. Knoxville police are searching the area with the K9 unit.

Smith attends Crown College of the Bible in Knoxville and is a graduate of Mountain View Baptist School in Grayson Valley.

27657689_10208914408932562_1959817016200625545_n-300x277.jpg

http://www.trussvilletribune.com/2018/02/04/trussville-man-missing-in-knoxville-tennessee/

looks more like a pond.. I can't think of any reason to memorialize it with a photo

Family members say the last interaction they can find was an Instagram photo posted about the time he went missing. The photo is of a lake that they can’t identify and hope someone will recognize the area.

A photo of this lake was posted on Smith’s Instagram at about the time he went missing. Searchers would like to know the location.

If you have any information regarding Smith’s whereabouts, please contact the Knoxville Police Department at*(865) 215-7000.

http://www.trussvilletribune.com/2018/02/04/trussville-man-missing-in-knoxville-tennessee/

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Looks like the water location was identified and that per what family is posting, a single shoe and a broken necklace were found by the car at the construction site.

27661314_10208915497879785_360292017_n-3.png

A photo of this lake was posted on Smith’s Instagram at about the time he went missing. Searchers would like to know the location.

Blake Ryan Smith's car was found with the engine running at a construction site late Saturday night. The 20 year-old's college roommate raised the alarm when he did not return home at the usual time. The college contacted police and his parents.

Smith's father traced his son's phone to the construction site where his car was discovered with the door open. His phone was on the seat, according to multiple Facebook messages from friends and family.
"Police think the car was stolen," said Smith's aunt, Jill Basher Williams, when she spoke to AL.com Sunday afternoon. "The canine unit did not detect his scent outside of the car."
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/young_alabama_college_student.html

His family must be so worried. I hope they are searching around the lake.

One great thing about Knoxville is that a lot of places there have security cameras. It’s even likely that the construction site had one to prevent theft of materials. Due to this happening during the weekend, many places may have been closed, but I figure PD will check these in the morning.

So, the last place he was definitely seen by others was his work.
619 Barbrow Lane in Knoxville.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Chris Mays said he last saw the 20-year-old man on Friday, as he was leaving their workplace, Weed Man Lawn Care.

"If you know anything — anybody — please help," Mays said. "Blake is a good person; his family just wants answers."
Mays said Smith is studying at Crown College and has hopes to become a pastor one day. Mays added that Smith always is cheerful, kindhearted and that he even prayed for him when he needed it the most.
Mays said Smith's disappearance doesn't make sense.
"It brought tears to my eyes," Mays said. "Just being worried for him and his family because I've got two boys of my own. Just knowing that if one of them went missing, how I would feel."
http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...r-says-disappearance-worrisome-472670223.html

From what others narrowed down, and checking the sat view on google maps, it looks to me that the photo was taken at the Admiral F. Park in the north east corner...right where the paved road appears to go off into a dirt road/trail. Seems like a fairly secluded corner of the park. Several routes there from his work, and several routes from there into Knoxville. If what the above video states is true, then his car was found in Maryville and not Knoxville. This would involve most likely driving past the airport. Hopefully cameras there would have something.

Saw this one on FB, hoping for good news. The IG photo is kind of odd....

The family suspects foul play in his disappearance. Blake Smith's car was found wrecked into a construction site in Knoxville with a cinder block on the gas pedal and his phone and wallet in the car. His shoe, chain necklace and beanie were also found at the site, though they were not near Smith's last known location at Admiral Farragut Park.

Smith, 20, of Trussville, Ala., was last seen Saturday afternoon. He left work at Weed Man Lawn Care and stopped at his dorm at Crown College before leaving. He later posted a photo of a lake at Admiral Farragut Park - his last known location - on Instagram.

The park is not where Smith's car was found and his family said they didn't know how far away the construction site was from the park. Family and police were searching the park Monday morning.

"He goes to a Christian college, he’s a good kid. He goes to the jails and juvenile homes and preaches to the inmates. We don’t know of anyone that has anything against him."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-student-family-suspects-foul-play/306318002/

The family suspects foul play in his disappearance. Blake Smith's car was found wrecked into a construction site in Knoxville with a cinder block on the gas pedal and his phone and wallet in the car. His shoe, chain necklace and beanie were also found at the site, though they were not near Smith's last known location at Admiral Farragut Park.

Smith, 20, of Trussville, Ala., was last seen Saturday afternoon. He left work at Weed Man Lawn Care and stopped at his dorm at Crown College before leaving. He later posted a photo of a lake at Admiral Farragut Park - his last known location - on Instagram.

The park is not where Smith's car was found and his family said they didn't know how far away the construction site was from the park. Family and police were searching the park Monday morning.

"He goes to a Christian college, he’s a good kid. He goes to the jails and juvenile homes and preaches to the inmates. We don’t know of anyone that has anything against him."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...-student-family-suspects-foul-play/306318002/

Previous articles said the engine was running when they found it. So the car was running and found wrecked with a cinder block on the gas pedal? So someone was trying to make it look like he got in a car accident? :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane